Thursday, July 16, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date:Two colors


Today we're meeting at Rain's for her Thursday Art Date.  This week, the theme is Two Colors.

I discounted the fact there is also black and white in this spread, but the main colors are red and yellow.

I can't seem to get rid of the fact that there is black and white on this spread, too.  I'm blaming it on Bleubeard, because he's the one who picked these out.

I realize I've shown this before, but I absolutely adore these colors, yellow and purple together.

Red and yellow (and a hint of green).

Charcoal gray and pale pink.

Hot pink and orange.

Citron green and turquoise (note my handmade paper).

Lime green and purple.

Another lime green and purple, although the green shimmering mist looks yellow in the scan.

Sage and sepia.

Red and yellow (back)

and front.  The front may have been cheating because there are more than red and yellow in this image.

Blue and lime green.

Red and gold (side view),

front view detail,

and front view.

Raspberry and yellow.  All pieces, including the thread were hand dyed using either blackberries or turmeric.

Red and black for a swap.

Red and green front,

and yellow and green back (for a swap).
Purple and rust (detail).

Ah, gray and white (albeit dirty white).

I think that's enough for this week.  All art created by me.  All photos taken by me.  Bleubeard was actually excited because he actually chose the first two entries.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I am truly grateful to you, my friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join me today at Rain's Thursday Art Date.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Nice selection of art for Rain#s theme today- it's hard finding stuff with just 2 colours, isn't it? But you managed to bring a great selection together. Have a wonderful day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Oh so much arty things here today, love them all and love that journal book... awesome work.xx

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Your posting on Rain's topic will be watched with extraordinary and beautiful art. I am always amazed at your creative streak. the madness I am always happy to see that!
I wish you a nice day and take care of you, hugs Elke

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, boy - oh boy!!!!
Guess my neighbours call the police!
Nah, kidding, I can "ohhhh!!!" and "Awwwwww!!!" in silence, no one gets killed here, but, weee, I did that in my head a lot, A.Lot!
I had to scroll back and forth. And back again... Please say thanks also to Bleubeard - great choices.
You gave me (too) so many ideas! Yesterday I bought green "craft-buttons", whatever that is. So much of your art would fit in our (way too small) red-green kitchen!
And my rocking moose says "hi".
Our Henry (skeleton) collapsed, but I think I saw a thumb, as in thumbs up!

craftytrog said...

Wow! A fantastic selection of arty eye candy! Great colour inspiration Elizabeth ❣️

Sami said...

Great variety Elizabeth. The Yellow and purple one is my favourite as the well as the one with the butterflies.

Karen said...

Vibrant pretty projects! Enjoy your day :)

Meggymay said...

Fabulous duo coloured pages and projects. Bleubeard has made a wonderful selection of choices for you to share with us all today. Tell him I cannot possibly pick out just one a s a favourite.
Yvonne xx

Barbara said...

Very nice! I so admire your dedication, each and every day, to your specific kinds of art!

Mae Travels said...

Conventional ideas about which colors "go together" is so often contradicted by actual artists like you did in these fascinating designs. The other day we were passing by a garden with brilliant orange and purple flowers massed together and I had the same thought -- vivid contrasts are magnificent in the right context.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Lovely two coloured pieces Elizabeth!

Words and Pictures said...

Lots of lovely colour contrasts and tone-on-tone combinations. The citron green and turquoise is gorgeous (handmade paper duly noted!), and I love the sage and sepia too, of course. I was surprised by how much I loved the charcoal grey and pink (not usually a pink person... just very occasionally, though I'm definitely one for the greys), and I also loved Bleubeard's second selection - so pretty.
Alison x

Sandra Cox said...

So many wonders today. Did you make the sunflower piece? It's amazing.

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; this post today is really nice; all of these pieces are great; the sunflower is my favorite ☺☺☺

bleu N squiggles; we givez 984 pawz UP two de kitteh art !!! =^..^= ♥♥♥

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful color combinations and creations. My favorites are the two cat pieces and the blue aNd lime green birds

Jeanie said...

There are so many combos I love here. The cat graphics, that wonderful pink, the soft colors. .. Very nice indeed!

My name is Erika. said...

I do like visiting these Thursday post's for Rain's challenge as it is like a visit to an art museum or display. What cool collection of pages, and I did enjoy these 2 colors pieces. Many of them were new to me, and it is amazing the depth that can be created with 2 colors. I need to try it out. Hope it was a great Thursday! Hugs-Erika

Sharon Madson said...

My favorites were the first one picked by Bleubeard and yours handmade paper Citron green and turquoise. My very favorite two colors together!
Thank you Elizabeth for my surprise mail today!

Rita said...

Wow! So many I don't know which would be my favorite. You've been very busy. :)

Soma @ inkTorrents.com said...

A wonderful collection of two colour collage! I think the sunflower and the clock one is my favourite.

-Soma

DVArtist said...

Wow!!!! These are all fabulous. Some are so striking like the skull piece. I love it. Hope all is well with you.

Divers and Sundry said...

Your color combinations are gorgeous!

pearshapedcrafting said...

No bias with the cat theme then Bleubeard?? I love them both of course, just as loved those brightly coloured. I especially love the butterflies and the green and turquoise circles! Hugs, Chrisxx

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love that you let Bleubeard participate in your artwork. He is quite good with his selections even if he stretched the 2 color definition a bit. I too had trouble with a third color sneaking in, as you have seen, so just call it artistic license :) It would be hard to pick a favorite and you use of color is exquisite but, believe it or not, I like the skeleton the best, and he uis basically colorless ... go figure :) So another great post and hats off to Bleubeard. Stay safe, Elizabeth and hoping all is well.

Andrea @ From the Sol (loikkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk) and speaking of cats, this was added by my Buffy the Dragon Slayer, ha! )

NatureFootstep said...

lol, hard to stick to two colors :) I had the same problem :)

My favorite is, of course the clock with yellow flowers. Much because the Swedish flag is blue and yellow and I like those colors of sky and sun. :)

Take care!

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) Nice choice of two colours! Oh Bleubeard...just being rebellious with the black and white that's all lol! ;) Mind you, if what "experts" say is true, our beloved pets can only see in two colours anyway, so he probably didn't realize! ;)

I do love that clock piece and you're right, purple and yellow are superb compliments to each other! You have so many pieces, what a great post! I love your handmade paper, I think it's so cool that you make your own. And of course, my favourite piece is your skeleton, I'm a total Halloweenie so anything like that appeals to me! :) Your cardinal is so beautiful!