Thursday, June 4, 2020

Rain's Thursday Art Date: Your Dream


Today we're meeting at Rain's for her Thursday Art Date.  This week, the theme is Your Dream.  I was actually surprised how many Dream inspired works of art I came up with.

I call this My Dream Home.  I'd love to live here.

Dream Weaver

I just closed my eyes again
Climbed aboard the dream weaver train
Driver take away my worries of today
And leave tomorrow behind

Ooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light

Fly me high through the starry skies
Maybe to an astral plane
Cross the highways of fantasy
Help me to forget this pain

Ooh, dream weaver
I believe you can get me through the night
Ooh, dream weaver
I believe we can reach the morning light

Though the dawn may be coming soon
There still may be some time
Fly me away to the bright side of the moon
And meet me on the other side
I made this and later framed it for a friend who has cancer.

"Dream."  I wish I could create more art like this one.  This uses several of my handmade shimmering mists

I get a lot of these dream catchers, so this is a good way to use them in my art.  I even did a bit of stamping on the background, too.

I apparently use the word Dream a lot in my art.

Occasionally the Dream is a bit hard to see, as this house is being held up with a Dream ribbon.

I call this "Clinging to a dream" because I used cling wrap to create the marks on the background paint as it dried.

My dream for when I grow up for a Journal 52 challenge.
When I grow up, I want
to give more than I receive,
afford others the same
opportunities I’ve had,
love and be loved,
sing at the top of my lungs,
consult, teach,
dream BIG,
make great art from the heART,
and drink lots of creamy coffee.

Dream Angel was an Inspiration Avenue challenge.  It doubled as the cover of my rust Altered Tip-in Book that holds the art I received from players in two round robins.

I tried to write the word Dream using some very old fabric paint that was supposed to look like nail polish.  Unfortunately, the tip of the paint bottle went crazy after I wrote the letter D.  This was a spread in my Hands altered book.

I called this spread I created for a couple of challenges "Summertime Dreams Are Forever."

Another spread, also created for two challenges, I called simply "Dream."

I created this hodge podge collage for Squiggles because I spend so much more time with Bleubeard art wise.  Squiggles isn't jealous, he's just needy.  It's hard to read except in close up.  The sentiment is ""Squiggles' delusional dream after sniffing catnip."

And finally

an index card from 2016 called "Bleubeard's Bad Dream."  I had been sitting next to Bleubeard when he started twitching, moving his ears, legs, and tail.  I could tell he was in REM sleep and more than likely dreaming.

All art created by me.  All photos taken by me.  Bleubeard was actually excited and wanted to help find dreams this week.

Thank you beyond belief for visiting today.  I am truly grateful to you, my friends, followers, readers, and lurkers for visiting.  Please also join me at Rain's Thursday Art Date.

26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lots of beautiful art today. I used to love watching my pets twitch in sleep when they were dreaming. I have a dream-catcher hanging over my bed, I don't know if it gathers my dreams but it does gather a lot of dust! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I hope you have loooong (blonde) hair to in case of emergency escape your dream home, I just think of Rapunzel ;-)
Oh. Dreamweaver was a program that brought me from architecture to IT! And we have a Dream Weaver in our bedroom. It catches some of my dreams...
Love the dream ribbon. A fixing pin we call "Sicherheitsnadel", "safety pin", now that suits the whole work!

Uh-oh. The kids of our dumb neighbours threw such a red ball with white dots twice on our balcony and Hubby says, next time they get it back in stripes!
I just wait for it landing on our food on the hot BBQ!

Oh, hope Bluebeard´s dream does not come true, ever!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

These are wonderful dreams of you with wishes. Dreamweaver and the Truam catcher I think is great! Your words always below are good and contemplative that should inspire everyone. Also nice for your friend with cancer!
A contemplative posting with your artworks! Thank you!
Have a nice day, hugs Elke

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Gorgeous assortment of artwork Elizabeth. And I love that song Dream Weaver.

craftytrog said...

Beautiful dream art, and lovely poems!

CJ Kennedy said...

Just WOW on your Dream interpretations. The collage piece you made for you friend is very beautiful. I also like the page with the nail polish bottle writing the word Dream. You said: "Unfortunately, the tip of the paint bottle went crazy after I wrote the letter D." No, I think it was fortunate. It reminds me of waking up and trying to remember a dream. You can sort of remember but can't bring it into sharp focus. Take care and enjoy your day.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice pages, both old and ones I remember. I particulary like the nail polish ad the word dream. That is very clever. And a good play on nail polish too. This was a fun challenge and I enjoyed seeing all your dream pages. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

Your dream images are very evocative. Maybe I have dreams like that, but I mostly don't remember them.

be well... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Christine said...

Wonderful post on dreams, lovely pieces and thoughts Elizabeth. I can tell you are a dreamer.

Linda Manning Findley said...

so many Dream art pieces ... all lovely, I have to say I liked the Orange dream you made for a friend ... thanks for sharing all of your work

Meggymay said...

Fabulous dream pages I liked seeing all the dreams and how you represented them in your journals. I do have a favourite....Bleubeard's Dream. I hope he has good dreams, we sometimes thought Meg was talking in hers when she gave random squeaks, thanks for jogging my memories in a very nice way.
Stay safe,
Yvonne xx

Nancy said...

Dreamy!

Jean said...

You captured this theme very well. Wonderful pieces.

Divers and Sundry said...

Love that house and that flower :) I had to google a video for the song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZKuzwPOefs I remember when it came out. The orange "dream" piece is gorgeous! I haven't seen a dream catcher in ages. Cool! This post is filled with treasures :)

Caty said...

Ohhh Your Art journal pages are really Amazing Elizabeth !! I love your creativity, love the designs, when you use all kind of embellishments... that ´s great ! Love Squiggles and Bleubeard ´s pages.
I wish you a very nice afternoon, stay safe and
Big hugs, Caty

Trillian As said...

So many dream art pages. They are wonderful.

Jeanie said...

what an array of dreams! All lovely. I'm particularly fond of the first and also the orange "dream" word. but really, these represent to much work and creativity. Well done! Have the loveliest day!

DVArtist said...

Wow lots of beautiful art today but #3 is my very favorite.

Barbara said...

Wow, lots of great creativity here! I especially like your dream house and the one for your sick friend. I actually see a strong standing figure In that one. I don’t know if you planned it, but it’s image and strength jumped out at me.

Rita said...

Wow! So much pretty artwork! You have really been busy. Lovely pages. :)

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

Your collage techniques are just amazing and I especially loved the "When I grow up" dream. You have so many thoughts and ideas in your head, I am amazed you don't burst (or do you?
:) ... Poor Squiggles finally got a piece of your post and I bet he is thrilled. Some cats (like most cats) like to stay in the background out of sight, out of reach and on their own, so Squiggles is probably one happy cat. Bleubeard, on the other hand seems to take fame in stride and maybe even loves it. You are so much fun ... Have a Happy week and stay safe with your kitties ...

Andrea @ From the Sol

NatureFootstep said...

lol, yes, you did come up with a lot. I had a dream weaver once but I seem to have lost it. Strange, my grandson made it for me. I would not have thrown it away. It was a beautiful one.
I would like to live in your dream house too. :)

Take care.

Rain said...

Hi Elizabeth! :) I love your dream house, I'd love to live there too! :) I love that song "Dream Weaver"...reminds of of when I was a kid hearing it on the radio. I really like "Clinging to a Dream"...I kind of see a sad character in that piece, it really caught my eye. I love your dream for when you "grow up", that's really nice. All of our pets have those twitchy dreams too! Lovely post!

Lowcarb team member said...

So much lovely art, you've come up with a wonderful selection for the 'dream' theme.

All the best Jan

Cath Wilson said...

Just had a good wander through your posts, Elisabeth. You've been busy and it's lovely to see your thriving garden. I have to comment on the robin - I was so surprised when I first saw an American robin. They are so much bigger and so different from our cheeky little birds, who can also be very tame and even eat from your hand. It's always good to see birds which are native in other countries. Your herbs are doing well. I envy those who can grow basil outside, but at least I have one on my windowsill. I love rosemary...it's so vibrant! If a smell can be vibrant, lol.

Lots of ICADS. Well done, you! I did consider this but not for long, lol. I'm shopping for others and queuing for England, especially when waiting for buses, which can be few and far between. I decided to leave playtimes free, so I don't play even when I can barely move, lol. But I love seeing them. I just looked at the lovely Linda's, too.

Have a good week. Hope you're enjoying the little extra freedoms after being cooped up. I got to see one of my sons with his wife and daughter on Sunday - it was lovely to see the little one after so long! We take so much for granted and sometimes it takes something like this to help us focus on what matters.

Cath x

Where To Buy Stamps said...

our social profiles are totally dedicated for stamps purpose, do visit Where to buy stampsx