Saturday, June 6, 2020

Myth


Today I'm joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  Her theme is A Stitch in Time.

I call this Myth.

The bingo card is partially covered with white glistening machine sewing thread.

The tree, cut from a paint chip sample

is sewn between the lines.

The clock has only a single hand.

It's time to interpret

this myth.

I started this abstract by brushing green fluid acrylic paint on the 110 lb cardstock.  All of these pieces were laying on my desk, so I grabbed what was left of my bingo card and wrapped it in the white glitter thread.  I sewed the left over tree using blue variegated thread.  The word came from a catalog.  I covered the circle, part of a piece of junk mail, with left over blue and gold paper and part of an envelope.  The lines were actually postage cancellation lines.  The clock hand was also an extra I found in a box of leftovers.  Everything on the page was recycled except the thread, the blue marker, and the paint.

Bleubeard and I are tickled that you joined us for a look at our abstract, and we also hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.


19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun piece, perhaps the days last longer if the clock only has one hand? Whatever, have a good one! Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Life is a myth and if I could win, I´d play!
I once tried. Lotto. Nada.

Karen said...

Terrific collage ~ Myth ~ Legends & Lore even the words are wonderful!

Karen said...

Terrific collage ~ Myth ~ Legends & Lore even the words are wonderful!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

fantastic and interesting the idea of this journal!
Great!!!
Have a beautiful Weekend, Elke

sirkkis said...

An awesome page. I lie the elements you made for it, and the word are clever.
Happy weekend my friend xx

Meggymay said...

A fabulous abstract page I love the different stitches you used to join the page details together. Your one handed clock would fit into my typical days, if I could remember which day it was at the time.
Stay safe.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I like this page a lot and I like how it can be interpreted in many ways. That is fun kind of art because it makes you think. I think it is interesting you added a tree (cool idea) and the free space is left on the bingo card. Hmm. This is fun and I hope your Saturday is too. Enjoy. Hugs-Erika

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous fun post, great added things too..xx

Halle said...

A great mix of elements to create a fun piece for A Stitch in Time!

CJ Kennedy said...

I agree a fun piece. Each view can interpret it in his/her own way. Enjoy your day!

DVArtist said...

Wow. This piece you made brought back some memories I have when Mr. M. and I were spending one winter in Az. I played bingo almost everyday and won! I was teaching beading all winter and we would travel up to the pines. It is truly a stitch in time piece for me. Well done my friend.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful composition Elizabeth! xx

Jeanie said...

It's a lovely piece, Elizabeth. It has beautiful composition and I love the combination of pieces you used and how you pulled them all together!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Wha a brilliant page Elizabeth! Chrisx

Lowcarb team member said...

I love this and I do like the colours used too :)

All the best Jan

Eileen Bergen said...

Very cool page, Elizabeth. I don't have a clue what the myth is though. Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Interesting piece. Cool :)

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi Elizabeth1 I absolutely LOVE your cool and creative abstract work of art! The one handed clock is amazing and would work great at our topsy turvy house sometimes!!! And your stitching looks fabulous here. I love how the thread is variegated - makes it even more interesting! Hope all is well with you. HUGS!