Wednesday, April 8, 2020

And now for a little help from a friend


As Jeanie would say, cue the music.  Today I'm getting by with a little help from a friend. Eileen from The Artful Crafter has created a recycled project.  It couldn't have come at a better time, since I'm struggling with my internet staying online.

Eileen was not just delighted to share a project with us, she is taking it one step further.  According to Eileen:
I'm starting a makeover a month challenge to commit myself to continue recycling all year long, not just during the month of Earth Day. List of my projects for Jan, through April. I encourage readers to join in. I'll update the list each month and visit any bloggers who share their projects.
Eileen documents in today's blog post, photos and the materials she uses in each of the four months this year.

This is the project Eileen will share. She calls it a Recycled Collaged Product box to hide computer wires.  Per Eileen:
made of one the sturdy product boxes I never throw away. I've recycled many cool boxes into practical things like craft supply boxes and household organizers like this one.
Please visit Eileen to see how to make this box and view her other projects, too.  Thank you so much Eileen for sharing this recycling project with my readers, followers, and lurkers.

This is Day 8 of 22 and guest designer Eileen shared a preview of how she turned a product box into a box that hides computer wires.


17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Eileen made a wonderful project, It's always good not to waste. Have a fun day, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

wow stunning...our internet is rubbish at the moment, very slow with everyone working from home and students..a real pain..

Iris Flavia said...

I use old boxes for crayons, pills and stuff, such beautiful boxes around these days!
Yikes, your internet sure does suck, I am sorry to hear!

craftytrog said...

What a great idea, and a beautiful project from Eileen!
Our internet has been playing up a bit in the last couple of weeks. I guess all the children are home and using their media devices.
Alison xx

kathyinozarks said...

awesome-Eileen is so creative I love to re use cool boxes too but I usually don't make them prettier-I am off to check her post-thanks I sure wish att would figure out and fix your internet for you-sorry for all the struggles with that-hugs

Barbara said...

The box is lovely! I’m like Kathy, I also reuse some boxes, but never thought to decorate them! Thanks, Elizabeth, may the Internet gods smile on you!

CJ Kennedy said...

So pretty

Sami said...

Great work by Eileen. I also have some boxes that I painted or covered with paper serviettes a long time ago.
What a pain not being able to rely on the internet. I presume it's overloaded with all the people working from home and kids watching things on their computers.
I know here our net is a bit slower...
Good luck Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a cool project! And recycling and up-cycling will get more popular as we stay in longer.

Jeanie said...

What a clever idea. There's no doubt that computer wires are pretty hideous -- this is much prettier!

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hi Elizabeth sorry to read you have been having internet problems, I think it's happening world wide at the moment with so many people having to work from home. I have two of mine squeezing the life out of ours 9 til 5 most days.
Just looking back on posts I may have missed it looks like you have been making great use of those things in life we can easily over look and throw away. There's not many things that go into my recycle bins that don't get given a second glance just incase I can remold or remake them.
A super and creative idea from Eileen, I've just popped over to see what other delights she has shared this year.
Hope you are keeping well during this very frustrating time, i'll try & catch up with you again before the weekend & keep my fingers crossed on your internet connection.
Take care Tracey xx

DVArtist said...

OMG! I am NOT a hoarder by any means, except when it comes to boxes. There is just something about them that I can't get rid of them. I love this idea. I am off to see what Eileen is showing. Be Safe and Elbow Hugs.

My name is Erika. said...

This is a beautiful box. Eileen made such a great piece for your recycling. I love what she did with that box. Hope you had a great Wednesday. Hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

This looks a beautiful recycle project . I am off to see more.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Clever and so pretty!!!

Sandra Cox said...

I like this!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a beautiful project this is! It looks great in place by her computer! Hugs, Chrisx