Saturday, February 15, 2020

Dream, Believe, Cherish


I'm back today with another Heart journal page inspired by shaving cream paper.

The title of this entry is obviously "Dream, Believe, Cherish."

It is another of my Hearts journal pages, which is also the theme I'm hosting this month at Art Journal Journey.

You can see I sewed the words in place.

I stamped all the hearts on the page.  I made the stamp last year from Styrofoam.

I had lots of shaving cream and ink left over, so I colored a strip of twill ribbon to match the hearts.

For this page I started with a sheet of 110 lb. card stock.  Originally, I had planned to color the background, but then I realized I would be taking away from the lovely hearts, stamped from the big blob of dyed shaving cream many of you saw during my second Thursday tutorial.  This was the one that made the mess on everything, so there was plenty of "mess" for the background.  As I explained earlier, the stamps were recycled from a black veggie styrofoam container.  Some of you will remember I drew the lines on the heart using a ball stylus after cutting the styrofoam in the shape of a heart.  I colored the words, generated from my computer, in the same dyed shaving cream.  When dry, I sewed them to the page using variegated thread.  I also dyed the length of ribbon and sewed it to the page using a different variegated thread.

Thank you for joining me today as I once again host Art Journal Journey.  Bleubeard and I would LOVE to see you there, too. 

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

This is a fun page for your theme, love the strip of ribbon dyed to match. And your sewing is good, too. Great effects! Have a lovely day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I love this! Yes, we should do all three of these - if I had space I´d ask you for a copy and put it on the bedroom door to begin each day with!
Too often I forget about all the things I can ... dream of - and believe I can reach it, too! And cherish what I have... Thank you, dear friend!

aussie aNNie said...

Pretty awesome page of sewing and hearts, love it.x

CJ Kennedy said...

Nice page. I like the way you dyed the grossgrain ribbon. I never would have thought of that. Enjoy your day.

Jeanie said...

Mess comes with the territory! But the end result looks terrific!

Barbara said...

I like the way you make do with common items around you. Very resourceful and very effective! Also, very pretty!

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I really like how the ribbon came out. You have done some clever things with the shaving cream. Hearts have been so much fun this month! And I need to get me a can of shave cream. (If I take my husbands he wouldn't be very happy...smile) Hope you had a nice Valentine's Day and
have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your composition and am always impressed by your sewn elements. The ribbon turned out nicely, and I like the pattern in the hearts.

Mia said...

This is the perfect inspiration for me, Elizabeth. Stamp made from styrofoam and ball stylus? Wow! What a great idea! And I lllllllove your died the ribbon. I definitely have to try this. GORGEOUS page, my friend. Kisses!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

this is a great page!!! so beautiful!!!
Greetings elke

Meggymay said...

A another great page made with your shaving foam papers and a good idea to colour the ribbon as well.....I loved the words you chose to add to the page.
You are giving us so much inspiration this month.
Yvonne xx

Mae Travels said...

You really look as if you have wonderful fun with your craft projects!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Rita said...

Pretty way to use your shaving cream paper. :)

nwilliams6 said...

Great technique and super cool concept. Very sweet and very creative. Fun too.

Cindy McMath said...

Ooh, your hearts are lovely! I love the colour and great idea to coordinate your ribbon. Great page.

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous! I love this page! Perfect!

pearshapedcrafting said...

You are making me want to go and get Tony's shaving cream right now..except it is time to eat ! Love this so much! Hugs, Chrisx

Blog27999 said...

Do you understand there's a 12 word sentence you can communicate to your partner... that will induce intense feelings of love and impulsive attraction to you buried inside his heart?

Because deep inside these 12 words is a "secret signal" that fuels a man's impulse to love, cherish and look after you with his entire heart...

===> 12 Words Will Fuel A Man's Desire Response

This impulse is so built-in to a man's mind that it will drive him to try harder than ever before to make your relationship the best part of both of your lives.

As a matter of fact, fueling this mighty impulse is absolutely mandatory to achieving the best possible relationship with your man that as soon as you send your man a "Secret Signal"...

...You will instantly find him open his mind and soul for you in such a way he's never expressed before and he'll recognize you as the one and only woman in the galaxy who has ever truly attracted him.

Blogger said...

If you're trying hard to burn fat then you need to start following this totally brand new tailor-made keto meal plan diet.

To produce this keto diet service, licensed nutritionists, personal trainers, and top chefs joined together to develop keto meal plans that are efficient, painless, cost-efficient, and delightful.

Since their grand opening in early 2019, hundreds of people have already transformed their figure and health with the benefits a smart keto meal plan diet can offer.

Speaking of benefits; clicking this link, you'll discover 8 scientifically-proven ones provided by the keto meal plan diet.

Blog27999 said...

This way my acquaintance Wesley Virgin's biography launches with this SHOCKING and controversial VIDEO.

As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the army-and shortly after leaving-he revealed hidden, "SELF MIND CONTROL" secrets that the CIA and others used to obtain everything they want.

These are the EXACT same secrets many celebrities (notably those who "became famous out of nothing") and elite business people used to become wealthy and successful.

You've heard that you use less than 10% of your brain.

That's because the majority of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

Perhaps this conversation has even occurred IN YOUR own head... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's head about 7 years back, while riding an unregistered, beat-up trash bucket of a car without a license and $3 in his bank account.

"I'm very frustrated with living check to check! Why can't I turn myself successful?"

You've taken part in those types of conversations, ain't it so?

Your success story is waiting to start. All you need is to believe in YOURSELF.

UNLOCK YOUR SECRET BRAINPOWER