Saturday, January 11, 2020

Inspire


Today I'm foregoing Saturday Afternoon at the Movies because it takes as long to write a movie post as it does to make art.  Instead, I'm joining Jo at Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Something New.

I did something new for me.  I deconstructed three collages I had made previously and added a few new elements, too.

First time seen was this girl I added, along with a piece of card stock I colored using my handmade shimmering mists.

I decided to add the letters of the word and used a felt tip pen to outline them. I also did a bit of doodling around some of the letters.  This was to help bring the left side together with the middle section.

When I deconstructed what is now the right side of the page, I had to replace part of it with a piece of checkered napkin.   It was at that time I also added the bird.

I changed much of the left side and added the punched circle and button at that time.

I think you can see all three sides and how I assembled them. 

I added the fabric and the flowers at the bottom that I had removed from what had originally been the spread from the left side of the original collage.

I stamped the word "Inspire," (the name of the mixed media entry) five times, once upside down (my mistake).

Finally, I had three piece of gold in my embellishments basket, so I used them on the top, middle, and bottom right side of the page.

For this page, I deconstructed three previous collages, added letters, stamping, changed the flowers, and added the fussy cut angel to the bottom left.

I can assure you, this was definitely something new for me.  I think it would might have been easier to start from scratch.  I appreciate you stopping by and following along on this adventure with me.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Something New.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovey, wild page. Looks like you had fun making it. Valerie

Cindy McMath said...

A very cool project Elizabeth - deconstructed and reconstructed collage - well done! Xo

Iris Flavia said...

Interesting approach, and it looks really "cool".
"Sie verlassen jetzt West Berlin", oh, wow. We once really crossed GDR back then to get to Berlin. We were told: Don´t look the officers in the eye. Wait till they signal you, otherwise they´ll check your car very, very carefully and you´ll be stuck for at least an hour.
I was 17 and it was not respect but rather fear I felt.

craftytrog said...

This looks fabulous Elizabeth! I love it!
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

This sounds a good idea, I often use old cards again and always have scraps, but have never taken pages apart. Your page is fantastic and I think you must have had fun creating it. Jo chose a good theme for us thia month.
Yvonne xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Wow, what an amazing page! I bet you had loads of fun creating this with all the beautiful layers that you added, what a great way to recycle your three collages too - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for the inspiration and for playing along at Art Journal Journey again! Happy weekend! Hugs, Jo x

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

Jeanie said...

It may have been hard but it paid off. I love that you deconstructed your art to do this. I think it can be emotionally difficult to do that sometimes but it was worth it in thelong run.

Divers and Sundry said...

Wow! I can see how it'd be harder to do that than it would be to work from scratch. I love what you ended up creating here.

kathyinozarks said...

Wow a very fun page-and I love that it was repurposed too Looks like you had fun with your art too Kathy

CJ Kennedy said...

Too fun! Something old is something new again. The girl in the plaid jumper reminds me of my school uniform. I hope you are safe and dry. We saw news last night of flooding in Wichita.

Eileen Bergen said...

I never thought about reconstructing pages from the past that I don't like anymore (or didn't like from the beginning). This is terrific, Elizabeth. You even recycle the recycled! Eileen xx

My name is Erika. said...

Your new page came out fabulous. Sometimes it is good to take old pages (especially IF it happened to be ones you weren't that crazy about) and give them new life. You certainly did that. This collage is really wonderful.Hope you are having a nice weekend. Hugs-Erika

Caty said...

I love how this page looks Elizabeth! You have achieved a beautiful and unique collage. I have never touched up a collage, but Yes with a painting or two. A face wash haha.
I wish you a happy day, and I send you biig hugs,
Caty

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi Elizabeth. This is a thoroughly delightful collage! A bit ethereal to me and lovely. And thank you for the new post on Ike. I always forget how attractive Mamie was as a young woman. xoxo

Birgit said...

This is really unique and I love the angel with the word and the Berlin Wall that really needed angels for decades.

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a clever idea! It looks really fascinating! Hugs,Chrisx