Monday, December 16, 2019

TWO-gether


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I thought I would share another Art Journal Journey entry using Yvonne, aka Meggymay's theme which is Words and Numbers.

This one is called TWO-gether.

I used my favorite stencil.  I've used it a lot before because I like the font.

However, it's hard to line the letters up properly, since you can't see where one ends and the next begins.

When I removed the image from the printer, it was a beautiful black with no lines or missed areas.

Then I placed the stencil on the image and the black toner started disappearing.  I thought it was something white that had gotten on the page, so tried to brush it off.  When I did, the toner disappeared in front of my eyes.  I can't imagine how that happened, but now I know if I have a large black area of toner, I will have to use a fixative before I can continue.

I began with an image I found on the internet.  I ran a sheet of 110 lb. card stock through my laser printer.  Finally, I used my favorite stencil to create the word.

Bleubeard and I are delighted that you stopped by today.  We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, too. 

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely image. the white on the girls looks like snow. Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

It´s beautiful and sure revives some memories, too!
We have a chance to go on the Christmas market, but I really feel too old to put on such shoes these days ;-)

Meggymay said...

This page looks awesome, I love those silhouette skaters and the super way you altered and played with the word you added.
A very clever take on the number you showcased today. Your pages are inspirational for the Art Journal Journey theme.
Yvonne xx

Cath Wilson said...

Haha, very clever :-)
Great use of language!
Cath x

craftytrog said...

Beautiful silhouettes Elizabeth! xx

My name is Erika. said...

Those girls are fabulous and so perfect for this season. You did a super job with the stencil. Very clever number page. Happy new week. See you for T later today. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

A lovely silhouette! The wording is great.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like your number pun with the little skaters. If you hadn't said anything about disappearing toner, I would have thought you spattered white for snow. Maybe a happy accident, but very effective. I hope you're not in the path of the big storm moving across the country.

Trillian As said...

A lovely play with words. Beautiful page.

DVArtist said...

Very nice. I have the feeling that these two are sisters. It touches me because next week my sister will be gone 10 years. I miss her everyday.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a perfect image to go with that play on words. Sweet :)

Jeanie said...

I have a thing about silhouettes. (Whenever Valerie uses them, I always love those pieces most!) I agree here. There is something about the lack of detail or competition to look at the figure's face or features that everything else stands out so beautifully, ,even the simple lines of the skater's ice. I love this piece, Elizabeth!

عبده العمراوى said...




شركة تنظيف منازل بصفوى وعنك
شركة مكافحة حشرات بصفوى وعنك
شركة تسليك مجارى بصفوى وعنك
شركة تنظيف سجاد بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف بالجبيل
شركة طيوب للمجارى
شركة طيوب لتسليك المجارى
طيوب للمجارى
طيوب لتسليك المجارى