Thursday, December 19, 2019

Tempting Numbers

Obviously, I call this one Tempting Numbers. It's because I'm joining Yvonne (Meggymay), our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words and Numbers.

I'm not sure my friend L.L. will appreciate my spreading her name all over the internet, but she knew I was going to use these in my art.

To be completely honest, 

the only card that belongs/belonged to me is the KPTS member card.  It's my loyalty card for annually donating to my local PBS (public broadcasting station).

The gift card came from my foodie friend Sally. It was sent to her and she never used it since her vehicle doesn't need any work.

Sally also gave me the rewards card that she didn't use.  Originally I used it to spread paint on pages. 

These are definitely tempting numbers.  You have to buy (or join) something in order to use them.

I'm not sure why I chose pink as the color for the background of this 110 lb card stock, but I didn't want to use red because there were too many different reds in the plastic gift/loyalty cards.  You have to admit, the pink is jarring and clashes with the various reds in the cards. You certainly sit up and take notice of the background as well as all the plastic cards I used in the foreground.  The words were computer generated, filled in, and outlined with the pink Zig pen, too.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled that you stopped by today.  We hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, too.

15 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I have such a card somewhere, too.
Here, on one hand people scream for protection of data privacy and use those cards whenever they shop. Beats me.
I wouldn´t care if "they" know where I bought what, but I´m too lazy.
The only card I use is for the dangerous book store, also because I can simply pay with it :-)

Valerie-Jael said...

Fun page. We always get so many cards and offers in the post here, offering to save us money, but expecting us to spend a lot, too.... No life today without numbers! Have a great day, Valerie

Elkes Lebensglück said...

great journal with the tempting offers!
have a nice day
Elke

CJ Kennedy said...

That background is perfect because those types of advertisements really scream at you to pull you in.

froebelsternchen said...

PERFECT with the pink, these cards want to have our money and scream at us through advertising too much.... and they are plastic....
we should avoid plastic. Well done to turn them into art.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning-perfect page for the theme-loving it hugs Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not even tempted lol That color may jar, but attention-getting is the name of the game as you say.

Meggymay said...

There always seems to be a catch when things are promoted this way. They may be lucky numbers, but they could cost a lot to use as well.
I am thrilled how you created your page, and happy that you used 'pink' for the base colour, so unusual to see it on your pages , but it does look good .
I am grinning are you using a card to spread paint, ' snap' I do that with a store loyalty card, I think most of us crafters do this, they were made for the job.
Thank you for this great page Elizabeth its a fantastic take on the AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Sandra Cox said...

Another fun one!
YOU have a great one.

Jeanie said...

A clever take on this, Elizabeth! Very creative.

My name is Erika. said...

Everyone wants money, don't they? They is a really clever page and I like what you did. And your title is another fantastic word play too. This is your challenge my friend! I've been really enjoying all your number pages. Happy end of the week. hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

What a great page, and I like the words “Tempting Numbers”. I like the pink and red but as you know I like high contrast “jarring” as you say colour combos. :)

craftytrog said...

Brilliant page Elizabeth. I think the pink and red suits the theme of tempting numbers perfectly. Happy weekend.
Alison xx

RO said...

I'm a member of AARP, and they have some pretty amazing benefits. (lol) Love how you designed the piece, and inkis perfect to me! Sally is truly wonderful! Hugs, RO

Shilpa Nagaonkar said...

What a fun page!! Brilliant idea of using all those collage elements with words and numbers in your journal. Love it so much!!
Thank you so much for your visit to my blog and leaving beautiful words behind... truly made my day!