Thursday, December 5, 2019

300 Art Lessons


I'm joining Yvonne, aka Meggymay, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  She wants us to use Words and Numbers in our art.

It's rather obvious I called this 300 Lessons in Art.

I started with this gifted unmounted rubber stamp, used VersaMark and my handmade pouncer,

then added two different colors embossing powder.  Even after FOUR attempts,

my finished embossed "art" looked nothing like it was supposed to.

I found loads of art in various art books, but only used the words and number from the front of a book intended for art teachers.  There were lots of drawings, but no actual art in the Lessons book.

All the art came from books I picked up at the Art Fair a couple of years ago.

I tried to keep it diverse.

I even included a black and white bird.

I looked in a couple of oriental books for art, too.


Of course, I had to add the definition of art.  Ironic that art is not part of the scientific method, my area of expertise.


I was definitely looking for diversity.

Some of the art I found quite pleasing, while other I found a bit disturbing.

For this journal page, I started with a recycled file folder to which I added six diverse examples of art.  I built the layers up until the entire file folder background was covered.  Next I added the words and numbers, one of which came from a scrap bingo card, which qualifies this journal page for Moo-Mania and More's challenge this fortnight which is Use your scraps.  I cut the words and number using my deckle scissors, then added the embossed word and the dictionary definition of art.

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today. Your visits mean the world to me.  I hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey as well as Moo-Mania and More.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Iris Flavia said...

I love the embossed "ART"!
And the definition! And I do believe art is scientific, too.
Just look at the old Egyptians..

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, the 'ART' stamp is great. Have a wonderful day. Vaerie

Valerie-Jael said...

Just mailed you again. Please tell me if you don't get it!

aussie aNNie said...

Love your
ART word, the colours are fabulous.
re Monte, poor darling would be getting smoke where he is too, it's just horrible...unbearable. I spent all day yesterday and last night cleaning floors, shutters and blinds inside to get rid of the soot...yes, we stupidly had our house open...not today...xx

Rike said...

Your embossed ART looks beautiful, I like all four attempts, and you gave your art journal page a wonderful title! Very interesting is the definition of "art" in the dictionary.
Wish you a happy day! Rike

Divers and Sundry said...

I'll sign up for those 300 lessons :) especially if I'll get results like yours :) I love that variety you used, and it all came together so well. I think this would make a good poster for a class :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. 300 lessons in art. One lesson for almost every day of the year. That would be awesome. I also love the texture in your Art stamp

craftytrog said...

What a fabulous collage of words, numbers and art! I love it Elizabeth! xx

DVArtist said...

This is a wonderful art page. I do like how you placed each piece and the colors are my fave.

Sandra Cox said...

I think you captured this purrfectly. And you are right. Art can be pleasing and/or disturbing.
Hope you are feeling okay.
Hugs

Meggymay said...

Wow, I love this fabulous page and the thought of 300 art lessons is a thought to dream about. You must have had some fun with this page and those embossed Art pieces looked lovely to me, in fact all the pieces you added go so well together. Art is something different for everyone of us, thats what makes it such an exciting subject. Its an awesome page and inspiration for the AJJ theme.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork Elizabeth.

My name is Erika. said...

I really like that word-ART. It has a lot of texture and personality. Another nice idea for a page with those various arts pieces. This is your type of challenge, and I can't wait to see the next page. Hugs-Erika

da tabbies o trout towne said...

very nice piece Elizabeth; I like the showcase of the different artists and the medium used; including yours !! ☺☺♥♥

happee week oh end two ewe bleu N squiggles ~~ ☺☺♥♥

Gillena Cox said...

Very interesting journal page
Mine is at #28

Much🎨love

Jeanie said...

You've packed a lot into this piece, Elizabeth, but it really works. Love the lettering and the art definition clip, especially. It gives a great layered effect.

Elkes Lebensglück said...

a nice interesting imaginative page
Happy Advent day,
Elke

froebelsternchen said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining Moo Mania & More!