Monday, November 25, 2019

Top banama


Since I have a few hours between Monday Murals and T Time, I though I would join Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme which is Fruit and Veggies.


This is a short post, but one that contains a journal page that took forever to color.

"Why can't I be the TOP banana?"

This was created on a sheet of card stock that I ran through my laser printer.  Since I only have black toner I then colored the bananas using my light brown, light green, yellow, black, and white water soluble crayons.  When I finished coloring the bananas, I cut the card stock to 8 inch (20,32 centimeters) square.

I'm so happy you joined me today.  Your support keeps me going.



This is Day 25 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas, and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey. 



22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, nicely coloured, too. Have a great week, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

I hope I picked the right banana for Hubby yesterday night for taking to work today :-)
I hope that one wanted to be the one :-)
Sunday nights are always the worst for picking one because they´re all still quite "green".
Thank you for the smile :-)

aussie aNNie said...

Great bunch and you are the top banana..x

Cath Wilson said...

Beautifully coloured, Elisabeth - even down to the gooey soft ones! I love the simplicity of this. It needs no more.
Have a great day!
Cath x

My name is Erika. said...

That coloring might have taken a while but it looks super! And you have come up with the best ideas for fruits and veggies. I'm having a hard time with this one. Not for choices of fruits of veggies, but with the short days and chill, my thoughts for some reason don't go for fruits and veggies. I think of squash, apples and pumpkins. I guess I need to shake myself out of this November slump. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

craftytrog said...

You did a great job of colouring those bananas Elizabeth! I love this page! xx

froebelsternchen said...

The colouring is simply amazing Elizabeth! I am impressed. Happy new week.
What a month at AJJ! You are the top banana of all challenge blog admis, for sure!!!
Hugs,
Susi

froebelsternchen said...

Top admin!!!👍

CJ Kennedy said...

Maybe being the top banana doesn't really have that much appeal. 😺 Enjoy your day!

Barbara said...

Excellent coloring effect! I especially like the gray/silver look.

Rike said...

Your colored bananas are amazing! You did a great job with the water soluble crayons - this picture is TOP!
Thank you for another fabulous entry to my theme, dear Elizabeth! Rike xx

Sandra Cox said...

I love this! I want to be a top banana too:)
How are you feeling today?

sheila 77 said...

Hello Elizabeth.
Well of course you already are the top banana of so many challenges.
I always look forward to your comment on my AJJ entry.
You are certainly the top banana of colouring in of bananas - these bananas look so realistic.
That's four bananas in this comment.
Love, Sheila

Divers and Sundry said...

Fun! You always find the perfect words :)

Nicole/DVAtist/Beadwright said...

Very creative. Love how you colored the bananas.

Susan Kane said...

How great! Your bananas are excellent. I personally like the bananas to be on the green side.

Jeanie said...

I love your yellow -- very good coloring!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; it might have taken for ever but top banana IS the top banana...AWESOME JOB !!!!!

with wavez ta bleu N squiggles ☺☺♥♥

Meggymay said...

A fabulous bunch of bananas, the colouring looks so real. Even better than some you see in our shops over here, they can be so green and unripe.
Yvonne xx

ImagesByCW | OceanDreamIllustration said...

The colors of the bananas look perfect, down to the mushy, black bits :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Super colouring. It is just right.

All the best Jan

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Great page, Elizabeth. Your interpretation of the phrase is very clever and funny. Your coloring is excellent. Eileen xx