Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Prep Day


First of all, I want to thank my dear friend Sharon, who I can call locally.  She  has been a blessing.  I wanted to explain that I had a power outage on Monday.  It was one of those annoying ones where the power is off for about a minute or two, just long enough that the clocks on the microwave and coffee maker have to be reset.  When I went to turn on my computer NOTHING happened.  Nada, zip, zilch.  I called my friend Scott who was out of town, and wouldn't be back until tonight.  

When he got here, he decided the problem was my power supply.  He said he would order one on Amazon and it would be here in a day or two.  I about threw up.  Literally.  That's when he suggested trying to find one locally.  He got one just as the computer store was closing.  He returned with a new one and that was the problem.  I now have a new power supply guaranteed for five years and made in Vietnam instead of China.  I assure you, it set me back more than I expected, but I HAD to get on the internet, especially since I was part of AEDM, as well as being late for hosting my T Tuesday party.  Seems the surge protector didn't do a good job of keeping the power supply from getting fried.  Regardless, I'll be by to visit as I can, since I'm still typing with one hand.  Now for today's post.

Today I'm on my front porch

preparing for the day after Thanksgiving, which is tomorrow in the USA.

It's the day I bring out my Christmas decorations.

I have a tabletop tree that sits in this blue bowl every Christmas, so it was important for it to be clean.

I still have to "fluff" the pillows on the wicker chairs, but everything else is starting to take shape.

As I was debating what I would do with my pumpkin (seen in silhouette on the bottom left of my photo),

I noticed the low winter sun that cast shadows over one of the wind chimes that is on the south side of my house.

I have wind chimes around all three sides of my front porch.

I can never get all of a single side in one photo,

but this gives you an idea of the various ones I have.

I also cleaned my mailbox, the largest one sold in the states.

As I was taking photos, I noticed I have a mess on my floor.  Not only do I need to sweep, I need to pick up the items I left there when I cleaned the yard and gutters a few weeks ago.  It's time to add oil to the rocking horse before winter takes over, too.

At least the metal has all been cleaned

and it wont be long until the porch will be decked in a winter wonderland.

Thank you for stopping by today.  I'm so very grateful for your visit.



This is Day 27 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas and I started cleaning my front porch in preparation for decorating it for Christmas.

AND, I'm back online!


25 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

It must be hard to clean and tidy your porch with one hand! Hope your arm and the computer will be soon be fully restored. You really have a lot of bad luck with your computer, internet, power etc. Have a great day in spite of it all, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Poor Elizabeth! I hope your arm is soon better! What a bad luck with the power and computer in addition! Good that Scott could help so quickly!!!
Your house and porch is so beautiful!
Good luck for all and have a great day.
Wanted to let you know that it is also up to you to start the AJJ challenges whenever it is a good time for you in your timezone in the future.

Big hugs, Susi

Iris Flavia said...

Sorry for those darn computer problems, annoying!
Even more so that you´re still not well!
Oh, this summer was so weird the chimes sat inside all year. My neighbours sure thank me for that, though, they´re LOUD and we houses all around.
Wow, now that is a mailbox I sure know from the movies! In ours go in but letters, 14 small boxes side my side.
Cute horse.
I remember in our old home we sat on the balcony in snow. Guess I´m too old for that now ;-)
Yay for being online again, I know the feeling.... Well wishes for your arm!!!

Helen said...

well I hope your new power supply fixes your problems, as you do seem tohave (or did have) a lot of losses. You did a lot of work one-armed!! Hope it is better soon. Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow.

Cath Wilson said...

Well done, you, getting it all sorted out so promptly - and thank God for friends! Isn't it wonderful that we can call on someone who will come help us? I'm so pleased you got your computer back intact. It could've been much worse. Your porch and front garden will be beautiful. It looks delightful.
Happy Wednesday, Elisabeth!
Cath x

Elkes Lebensglück said...

Good improvement for your arm and only good that someone can call. Your PC is fine again. As nice as the veranda is and the view!
Greetings Elke

Sami said...

You've had quite a lot of trouble with your internet. Glad your friend was around to sort it out for you.
Happy Thanksgiving Elizabeth. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations.
I've already put up my tree on Sunday, as we were cleaning out the garage and I thought best to bring those boxes in and get it over with. Usually I only put them up on the 1st of December.

kathyinozarks said...

Good morning Elizabeth, so glad you are back online! Enjoy your day decorating for Christmas.
No worries visiting for T-stuff happens and one can only do so much-take care of You first-hugs Kathy

Jeanie said...

Oh, how frustrating with the power! That would freak me, too. I am so glad you are back online but what a mental mess that is. Yay, Scott! And I especially love your wind chimes. They're so beautiful.

I hope you have a beautiful Thanksgiving and I'll look forward to seeing your tree in that lovely blue bowl. Very handsome indeed!

RO said...

You already know that I felt your pain, and can imagine your frustration. Thank goodness it was something that was relatively easy to fix, even though it cost more than you expected. Yay to being back online! What a cool rocking horse! Never noticed that before, and I love it! Hugs, RO

craftytrog said...

Glad you're back online, and I hope your arm is starting to heal now too.
Great photos, have fun decorating!
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Oh my, what a dilemma, so pleased you got everything sorted 😁. I'm loving the pretty red cardinal on your porch too! Wishing you a wonderful week and a Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Jo x

CJ Kennedy said...

Glad your computer is back up and running. You might want to see about getting a new surge protector. Looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations. Hopefully, your arm is feeling better. The cardinal and the blue pot made me smile, and I don't think I ever noticed the rocking horse on your porch. Very cute.

Divers and Sundry said...

You've inspired me to take a look at my surge protectors, which are pretty old, and re-evaluate them. Thank you for this heads-up.

Your porch reminds me of my patio :) I get the sense that your porch is a peaceful place to sit with a book and a hot cuppa :) I love your wind chimes and am hearing them in my mind. You have better people-watching ;) I look forward to seeing your winter decorations

Welcome back!

Lisca said...

Oh dear, what a palaver! You're typing with one hand? What happened? Have you hurt yourself? I must have missed something. I'll go and read back through your posts to see what has 'befallen' you. I hope it gets better soon, what ever it is.
Scott has come to the rescue again! He is such a good friend!
I love the wind chimes on your porch.
Sending you hugs (gently as to not hurt your arm),
Happy T-Day (belated),
Hugs,
Lisca

Meggymay said...

Scott is a really good friend to have when computer/internet and electrical problems happen, you sure have had more than you need this year. Fingers crossed for you that you can move forward now and all will be good.
I loved the photos you shared, the ones of the wind chimes and shadows were beautiful.
I haven't thought about Christmas decorations yet, but I am looking forward to seeing how you decorate your porch area, the blue pot for your tree looks lovely.
Take care
Yvonne xx

J said...

Elizabeth so pleased to hear you are back online, I had that problem a few years ago, my surge protector was causing problems, Steve removed it completely and my computer has been fine ever since, fingers crossed as I say that as I’m always apprehensive when I switch it on after being away for a long time in case it’s got damp.
Sorry to hear you have a problem with your arm, I must have missed that.
Have a lovely day tomorrow, Jan x

Rita said...

I remember you had a fall a while back but you said you thought you were fine. Is that how you hurt your arm or did I miss something? Anyways, glad your computer is up and running again! You have such a good friend in Scott. How would we get buy without our techie people!? I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving. :)

Sharon Madson said...

Yay , Elizabeth is back! So glad you are back online. And your welcome . Glad I could be of help. Love that you have wind chimes a sN rocking horses on your front porch. I hope your arm heals quickly. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

My name is Erika. said...

Glad Scott was able to get your computer back up and running. And hope your arm is improving too. Your porch looks nice and it even looks nice enough to be outside enjoying it. I like the big porch and how you could watch the world go by. Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving tomorrow. Hugs-Erika

peppylady (Dora) said...

Hello from North Idaho came in from Iris. I don't believe we have a computer store. And we don't have a Wal mart either.
Coffee is on

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi, Elizabeth. Gee whiz, every time I show up here something has happened! They say bad things come in 3's - aren't you there Yet? I hope so! Happy Thanksgiving! xoxo

NatureFootstep said...

you seem to have a nice garden. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

I think your wind chimes look great. One of our daughter-in-laws loves windchimes and she has quite a few around their back garden and kitchen … I always enjoy the sound they make.

Lovely seeing all of your photographs.
Thank goodness you are back on line, and I'm hoping your arm is getting much better.
My good wishes

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love your mailbox! Well done to Scott for sorting your power problem! Did I tell you I really love your mailbox!(hee! hee!) Chrisx