Friday, November 1, 2019

HOT!!!


This is a scheduled post.  I'll be offline until Saturday, so I hope someone will link this post at Art Journal Journey. Don't worry.  I'll be back to host Second on the 2nd and I'll be around to visit everyone once I'm online.

It's the first of the month and time to welcome a returning artist to Art Journal Journey.  Please welcome our Austrian friend Rike at Rike's ArtRike's theme is Fruit and Veggies

Obviously, I call this journal page Hot!

It's all about the hot peppers.


There's lots of heat from the peppers,


but also from the hot colors, too.

Since it's the first of the month, I've also used my new stamp gifted me by Valerie to document the date.

For this page, I began by swiping some quinacridone gold at two opposing corners of the 110 lb card stock substrate.  Next, I laid down a full sheet of pepper and southwest (U.S.) inspired tissue.  Over that I laid down a strip of green and red pepper tissue.  Both of these tissues came from a local restaurant.  It never hurts to ask for tissue if you have a use for it.  Next, I cut a rectangle of handmade green paper, over which I sewed a piece of red/orange paper, then more of the handmade paper. Over that I applied a piece of cut pepper from the tissue.   Next, I cut another piece of handmade paper to which I added a red pepper from the smaller red and green pepper tissue. I also wrote the word HOT using a stencil.  Finally, I added two real ornamental peppers.
 
Thanks for joining Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join Rike, Susi, Bleubeard, and me this month at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Fruit and Veggies.  Please be aware, we want to see your altered book pages, journal pages, loose journal art, canvases, fabric pages, and digital art.  However, we cannot accept cards, ATCs, ATCoins, tags, or 3-D art, and will be forced to delete your entry.

This is also Day 1 of Art Every Day Month
and I created a journal page for Art Journal Journey's monthly challenge.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Morning Elizabeth, your journal page really does give off some heat today. Could do with a little warmth, it's so chilly here today. Thats a super stamp from Valerie. What a fun challenge this month.. i'm hoping November will be much more creative for me. Have a happy one and I hope you are soon back online. Have a great weekend Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

Exactly what we need today as it is cold here! Hope you have a great day out.
Happy AJJ!
Susi xxx

Rike said...

Your first entry this month is really HOT! I LOVE this piece of artwork with all those wonderful details! Even a sewed chili pepper is there on your page, and two real ornamental peppers too! Yes, the colors are also very hot!
Thank your for this beautiful post to my November theme!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful piece Elizabeth! Have a great day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

This is a wonderful piece of art, Elizabeth! So many ideas!
A tissue, wow, that is great!
I have pepper and ginger on my shopping list.

My name is Erika. said...

Loving the hot peppers. It's a fun page for the new challenge. Now all you need (or I would need) is margarita. Smile. Happy new month. Hugs-Erika

Rosie said...

A wonderful page

Words and Pictures said...

Definitely hot! Hot chillis, hot colour contrasts and hot hot hot Quin Gold warming everything up even more. There's so much movement and energy in those tumbling peppers too. - great page. Hope you have a great time creating Art Every Day this month.
Alison x

Cath Wilson said...

Hot chilis - perfect for warming us up in cold November! Great choice, Elisabeth.
Happy November!
Cath x

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fabulous page! I love your hot chilli collage with the bold red and green colours and actual dried chillis - amazing 😁. Such a fun theme for this month too, Happy November and enjoy your weekend! Hugs, Jo x

Nancy said...

A fun one- that stamp has such pleasing lines.

DVArtist said...

Oooo I love this piece. The abstract of it is very appealing.

Jeanie said...

Wow -- I love the HOT title -- perfectly named! Very nice! Ole!

Sami said...

Well named Elizabeth. I'm not a fan of spicy food as it makes me cough straight away. Enjoy your weekend.

Divers and Sundry said...

I made chili for supper last night, but I make wimpy chili ;) Your heat would add some much-needed excitement to the dish, I think :)

craftytrog said...

Such a fabulous page Elizabeth. I love how you used real chillies. I might have to steal some from Hubby's chilli plant :-)
Hugs,
Alison xx

Meggymay said...

A fantastic page and I could have done with one of those chili peppers when I was cooking the tea tonight, I had to used the dried variety, they are on my shopping list now.
Yvonne xx

Aimeslee Winans said...

Brilliant take on this month's AJJ theme! xoxo

Beverley Baird said...

Such a lovely journal page.

Cindy McMath said...

This is a great homage to spicy quinine. My favourite foods are infused with delicious spices (like curries) and contain some heat. I love the red and green together with the bold images. Well done!

Elkes Lebensglück said...

It's a fun great page!!!I like this work!
grettings Elke

RO said...

I love, love, love this so much! You already know I enjoy my spicy foods, so it's cool to see a post dedicated to the pepper. I've even been trying to grow various versions. Yay!! Hugs, RO

Lowcarb team member said...

A lovely piece :)

All the best Jan

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I never thought of chili peppers for Rike's theme, because I do my best to avoid eating them though I live in Mexico.

You've inspired me once again, Eilzabeth! Great page. Eileen xx