Thursday, November 7, 2019

Banana Split


Today I'm joining Rike at Rike's Art our host this month at Art Journal Journey.   Rike's theme is Fruit and Veggies

I used a bit of play on words.

When I saw that image of a banana, I absolutely had to call this spread Banana Split.

Here are a few detail shots.




For this page, I found an image on the internet and printed it on 110 lb. card stock from my laser printer.  I then cut it down to 8 inch (20,32 centimeter) square.  Since I only have black toner, I colored it using several water soluble crayons.  Sadly, I did this late at night and the poor lighting, along with my color choices made staying in the lines a bit difficult.  Finally, I added the gold glitter washi tape to the top and bottom areas of the page.

Thank you so much for joining me today.  I hope to also see you at AEDM and Art Journal Journey.

This is Day 7 of AEDM hosted by Leah Piken Kolidas, and I
created an art journal page for Art Journal Journey.



27 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

Love your clever idea of banana split! Yummie and vegan without icecream and cream...
I will think of you when I eat my bananas today. If there are no bananas at home I am unhappy.The more bananas I eat the happier I get.
Big AJJ hugs!
Susi xxx

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, childhood memories, Elizabeth!
Roller Skates / Skateboard, dangerous moves and.... Banana-Split, beautiful, fun summer days.
Certainly with ice cream and chocolate sauce.
And, wee... there is a banana in the kitchen - but it´s for Ingo to take to work tomorrow...

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely and fun page Elizabeth! No bananas here for breakfast, just coffee! Have a great day, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Hee hee Elizabeth a clever take on that Banana. One of my 5 a day i'll have that picture in my head each time I eat one. Time for breakfast.. Enjoy yours. Hugs Tracey x

Cath Wilson said...

Haha, Elisabeth - a great way to start the day - with a smile!
Nice image.
Cath x

craftytrog said...

Fantastic! I love this idea Elizabeth! Reminds me of when a banana split was our family's favourite dessert. Lashings of chocolate sauce of course!
Alison xx

My name is Erika. said...

You are the queen of wordplay Elizabeth. I love it! nice entry for Rike's fun challenge. And my town didn't have elections this week. We re a really small town (about 2500) people and our big election is next year. However, the city I work in did have elections and I am glad to be retiring since the new city council and school board are not the most school loving group. Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

pearshapedcrafting said...

I think we are both playing with words today Elizabeth! I love this image, although sadly I don't eat many bananas these days! Hugs, Chrisx

CJ Kennedy said...

I love the pun. 😺 But it needs some ice cream and chocolate sauce. And nuts, too. Enjoy your day!

Cindy McMath said...

Love this clever page Elizabeth!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Banana Split - very clever, Elizabeth. I thought you cut the full color banana out of a magazine. I think your coloring is excellent! Eileen xx

Divers and Sundry said...

A pun! Priceless :)

Caty said...

What a great idea for this banana split Elizabeth !! Love the colours and the bright washi tape. We eat lots of banana, would like one with chocolate :)
Have a very nice afternoon, and I send you biiig hugs,
Caty

DVArtist said...

Elizabeth this is just fantastic. I love your description of how your created this. Well done.

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

This was charming. And it made me hungry! Love the glitter and the concept of the banana split!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth...very clever....984 paws UP as da tabbies would say...

& bleu N squiggles, we hope ewe both iz doin grate, & gettin in trubullz :) ♥♥♥☺☺☺

Sandra Cox said...

This turned out grand. I love it. Purrfect name:)

Meggymay said...

Yes please to a banana split with loads of cream on the top.
Its a fantastic page Elizabeth and I love how you created this page.
Yvonne xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like the play on words Elizabeth. Lovely artwork. But I'll take mine with ice cream, whipped cream, and a cherry on top. :-)

By the way, what "flavor" of Linux do you use? Ubuntu, openSUSE, other? I'm trying to figure out which one to try in a Virtual Box. I know you use GIMP, and I'll want to do the same, so I want a "GIMP friendly" Linux. :-) (Microsoft Bloatware Windows 10 continues to run slow as molasses.)

Kerry @ Art to Alchemy said...

I really like the way you color over b&w printed images. Very clever idea.

aussie aNNie said...

As I read this I am eating my banana...great fruity post.
re Monte. He was on the surfboard with a stranger and I just happened to capture the photo in time.x

Rita said...

Clever and cute! :)

Rike said...

Haha, your Banana Split made my day! A great idea for the title - and I like the gold glitter washi tape you added! The yellow color on the Bananas is very pretty!
Wish you a happy day! Rike

Let's Art Journal said...

A fabulous page! I love the banana split design with the glittery washi tape - beautiful 😀. Happy and creative wishes! Hugs, Jo x

Aimeslee Winans said...

hIHO, eLIZABETH!

I sure hope you saw my comment to please feel free to add my blog to your sidebar. It's

Paper-Paisleys Art Adventures
https://paper-paisleys.blogspot.com/
Aimeslee Winans

Now that the business end is taken care of, may I please resume chuckling? Banana Split...yes, I'd have definitely named it that LOLOLOLOL

Good one! Reminds me of my teenager days working at Day---Reeeee---Queeeeen!!! They do have the best banana splits...

I sometimes print out a color image in black and white on purpose. I like the way my alcohol markers make it look tinted when I color it. Just a different kind of look.

Happy Weekend! xoxo, Aimeslee

Elkes Lebensglück said...

the motive is great!A fabulous page!!!!!
nice sunday greeting
Elke

Jeanie said...

Fabulous title! You nailed it!