Sunday, October 20, 2019

Monday Murals: Sorrel's


I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. I've decided to post at my regular time, so please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:00 a.m. my time.

I found this restaurant on my way to the grocery store where I shop. I couldn't believe all the murals and paintings.

They were on every side of this stand alone restaurant that is in a strip mall.

I was so busy taking photos I didn't even notice the name of the restaurant on the side of the building, or that they served Jamaican food.

As I worked my way around the building, 

I saw their smoker which made me hungry.

What an amazing fence


and a restaurant worth checking out in the future.

This restaurant is located at 3090 West 13th Street in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  If you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun place Have a great day, Valerie. Lovely, bright and cheerful murals. Did you go inside, too?

Rita said...

Fish, birds--how could you go wrong! :)

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Beautiful murals on that building.

Iris Flavia said...

Ohhh, Jamaican food!
Oh, help! We were in Jamaica years and years ago and there was an elderly man complaining very loudly there is no "Leberwurst"!!!

At times it is just embarassing to be German! We just quietly shook our heads.
Instead of enjoying this fancy Jamaican food he wanted liverwurst. I thought, "stay home then!".

Beautiful murals, it just shows the happiness of the people of Jamaica!

CJ Kennedy said...

How fun! Love the fish.

Barbara said...

I’ve come back after missing you and your blog featuring so many things besides craft projects. For instance, I don’t know how you can possibly find so many colorful murals!

kathyinozarks said...

Wow what a very fun place to discover-loved all the murals especially those fish. anxious to read if you and food friend visit the restaurant. Happy Sunday

My name is Erika. said...

Wichita has so many murals compared to NH. I guess being country there isn't as many places for them. Just a few in our small cities. I love this one. Especially the hummingbird. Although they are all very tropical and cool. I think some Jamaican food would taste good now. We used to have a small place near us that was delicious, but it went out of business. I guess too many people around here are very traditional in their food tastes. Have a super rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Mae Travels said...

You and Sami both found beautiful birds today! A building covered with varied murals is a wonderful discovery.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Tom said...

...there's no miss this place, how's the food?

Meggymay said...

Fantastic colourful murals, I liked those bright fish. I hope you do get to try the restaurant sometime soon.
Yvonne xx

kathyinozarks said...

thank you for the link Elizabeth, good timing too as we will see our family doctor this week thursday and he is very knowledgable with medicines. looking at the site so far Hubs issue is valve replacement and it is saying those with no heart valve problems-but I will find out-thanks so much hugs

Bertiebo said...

Happy and colourful! Love the bird!

dee Nambiar said...

So colorful. And so much to see. It's hard to miss this one, no? :)
Have a lovely week, you two. :)

froebelsternchen said...

What a happy fish !Great murals!

biebkriebels said...

Very colourful murals!

s.c said...

Nice one.

Sami said...

They are all beautiful Elizabeth, but the bird is may favourite.
Thanks for participating :)

kwarkito said...

These fishes and birds are very beautiful and colored. I like the image

Jackie McGuinness said...

I would have to stop and have a bite!

Words and Pictures said...

These are wonderful - I especially love the fish chasing each other along the fence. It's such a great way to cheer up an otherwise pretty uninspiring building.
Alison x

Divers and Sundry said...

They must be well-connected with an artist to have such wonderful installations at their restaurant. Definitely a restaurant worth trying out :)

Jeanie said...

That IS a great mural. I'm glad to see so many murals in these posts. Love the public art.

RedPat said...

I bet their food is good judging by their great taste in murals!