Sunday, October 6, 2019

Monday Murals: Lotus Blossoms


I'm joining Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals. I've decided to post at my regular time, so please be aware that Sami's mural linky won't go live until 11:00 a.m. my time.

EDIT: I want to thank my neighbor, who many of you know as my foodie friend Sally for letting me edit the last post.

I also want to thank my friend Scott for bringing a router, which he said would possibly cure my problems.  I'm not sure how it was supposed to help when ATT kept telling me it was my modem, but I gave it a try and here I am!  I'll be by to catch up with all my dear friends and followers over time later today.

These are murals I found while at Botanica, our Botanical Gardens.

This one is quite long and takes up an entire wall.




Although the other mural depicts the lotus flower in art, this part was all about the writing.


There is a lot going on in these murals, and I hope you got a sense of how large and extensive they were.

These murals were found at the Botanical Gardens in Wichita, Kansas (USA).  If you enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World.


26 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful murals! Have a fun day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

This is a really nice theme for Autumn, it cheers me up, thank you!!
I kinda blossom from it :-)

froebelsternchen said...

Wow, they are large and very beautiful, indeed!
Happy Sunday Elizabeth!
Susi xxx

RO said...

So lovely! Hope you're doing well! Hugs, RO

CJ Kennedy said...

Beautiful

My name is Erika. said...

This is a gorgeous mural. I particulary like the Asian feel and the botanical theme. Botanical gardens sometimes surprise with painted art, don't they? Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

They are simple but very beautiful Elizabeth. And huge too!
Thanks for participating :)

Mrs.B said...

A stunning mural, gorgeous colours. I don't think I would ever tire of looking at it.
Avril xx

The Liberty Belle said...

Nice murals! I'm thankful that you shared. Have a lovely week.

Tom said...

...the lotus is an important Asian symbol.

Let's Art Journal said...

What a beautiful mural! The colours are so delicate and elegant - amazing 😁. I hope you're computer problems are solved soon and wishing you a happy new week! Hugs, Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

Welcome back! :) I tried to add a photo to a post today and found doing that without access to my photos stored on my old computer was extremely time-consuming. I'm grateful I've got so many scheduled posts lol

That mural is a stunner!

Rita said...

How beautiful!
Glad you are back online!! :)

Powdered Toast Man said...

They called me Lotus Blossom in Middle School.

dee Nambiar said...

Pretty.
I like the pink-grey combo. It’s lovely.

Joan Elizabeth said...

I like the muted colours and botanical theme.

biebkriebels said...

The flowers are very nice painted in the soft colours.

Words and Pictures said...

What a stunning lotus mural - so delicate and yet so huge! Hope you've managed to sort out your modem/router shenanigans, and have a great week.
Alison x

Caty said...

These murals are absolutely wonderful Elizabeth !! Love the colours and the writing. Thanks so much for sharing. Hope your internet will works better now.
I wish you a very nice day, and send biiig hugs from the sunland,
Caty

froebelsternchen said...

Best wishes and finger crossed for the internet!!!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

these murals are beautiful !!! thanx much for sharing :) ♥♥

Meggymay said...

The murals look beautiful and so restful, I would have been happy to sit a while and look at them.
Hope your internet problems are fixed, I can relate to how you must feel and my problems only lasted while we were away.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

This is so truly beautiful. How wonderful it is in the botanical gardens. I love the colors and that style of art. Wonderful find, Elizabeth.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Oh wow! this is a gorgeous piece of art work, love it. Happy creative week, Angela xXx

Lowcarb team member said...

These are beautiful murals :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh My! What a find!! Chrisx