Sunday, August 25, 2019

Monday Murals


While my young friends were visiting from CA, they spotted these murals on the side of a building.

There were four murals I showed last week, then focused on the farm.   I should have shown them all together, but at the time, I thought they were all completely different.  Today I will share the other three with Sami at Sami's Colourful World and her Monday Murals whose post (and links) will go live at 11:00 a.m. my time (1 hour after this post goes live).

This and the next two


were photographed by me.   The final three were photographed by the oldest youngster.

You can see they all

belong together because they tell the story

of Wichita, KS. and the highlights within it.  If you know Wichita, you will recognize many of the buildings and the Keeper of the Plains.  The youngster who took the photos told me the name of the artist, but I didn't write it down.  I'll be more careful next time.  The murals were drawn on the side of the M & M Insurance building located at 1700 E Douglas in downtown Wichita, KS, USA.

Thanks beyond belief for visiting today.  If you're like me and enjoy murals, please don't forget to visit Monday Murals at Sami's Colourful World

Although I am committed to joining this weekly meme, I will not be able to participate next week.  I feel it's my duty to welcome our new host at Art Journal Journey that day.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

The murals are lovely, I am always happy when I spot things like this. I did recognise the Keeper of the Plains from your photos. Off to put my feet up, just got back from a Loooong walk, Valerie

Tom said...

...a nice snapshot of the community! Thanks for sharing.

Words and Pictures said...

Oh good, I'm glad you said we'd seen that first one before - I thought I was having deja vu! Great to see some more of those vivid pieces of artwork brightening up the urban buildings.
Alison x

kathyinozarks said...

I love these murals you have been sharing with us. There aren't any that I know of near where we live-woods or lake.

My name is Erika. said...

It sounds like you gave the kids a challenge/or job and they excelled at it. Wow. Cool murals. I can't pick a favorite as the style is a bit different on each. I like how the insurance company uses a mural as almost an ad, but it is clever. And you asked if we flew in and out of Kansas on our Dakota journey. Our rental car had Kansas plates but we actually flew in and out if Minneapolis. I figured it was a bit closer (maybe) at least to North Dakota and since my husband doesn't get tons of vacation time and we needed to be home by the 4th to relieve my daughter from her dog sitting duties. Hope your new week starts off great. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Really cool murals! :)

dee Nambiar said...

That's a lovely collection of murals.
Nice find. :)

Bertiebo said...

Lovely murals!

Iris Flavia said...

:-) I´m going with butterfly, thought at first I have a déja vu ;-)
Beautiful ones, oh, I´d love to hop on a plane now!

aussie aNNie said...

wow these are fabulous, very interesting.x

Meggymay said...

They look fantastic murals to see and brighten the walls from ordinary brickwork. The youngsters must like taking photos, its good to see what interests them and I hope they continue to store their memories this way.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fantstic muraly! WOW!

Debbie at Travel with Intent said...

I think I like the first one best, but great to see the full display

s.c said...

Better than graffiti.

biebkriebels said...

Pretty murals to look at.

Sami said...

I like the barn one, but the one with the family and the plane in the background is very pretty too. Thanks for participating Elizabeth.

Jackie McGuinness said...

Great murals! They give an insight into the community.

Birgit said...

These murals are great looking and grabs attention. I like how the artist drew in the pants of the family

Divers and Sundry said...

Public art is such a great contribution to the good of any community. That "oldest youngster" is a good photographer. I like how s/he framed the photos :)

Jeanie said...

I could have sworn I commented about this because I just love it! It's one of the happiest murals I've ever seen! The barn is my definite favorite!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love those Murals! I wish there were more around! Chrisx