Monday, June 3, 2019

ICADs, a short week (and more)


I have only two ICADs today.  I was going to save them until next week, but decided since I had them ready and scanned, I would share them.

Day 2

Day 3
Thanks for stopping by to see the first of these ICADs.  If you want to join, please see the ICAD on my right sidebar.  It will take you to Tammy's blog.

Since I only had two ICADs to share, I'm also joining Halle at Halle's Hobbies, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Words to live by.

This is a Russian Proverb and reads "A kind word is like a spring day."

These children are certainly enjoying this spring day.



I began this page (110 lb card stock) by adding four different handmade shimmering mists, some of which didn't want to spray.  I liked that the colors looked a bit like the grasses in the field, so I continued spreading the mists, rather than misting them.  I sewed the book page and the computer generated text I colored using water soluble crayons to the image of the girls in the field, then sewed the entire assembly to the substrate.  I was planning to run the fancy fiber around the image, then realized it wouldn't look like a frame, but more like a mess.  Instead, I sewed the fancy fiber I doubled to the bottom of the page.

Thanks for visiting Bleubeard and me today.  I hope you will join me at Art Journal Journey with your own art inspired by Words to live by, too. 


19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Have fun with your ICADS in the next weeks, you got off to a good start. And a great quote on the journal pgae, too. Have a good week, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

You sure love your ICADS I can see my friend...Lovely journal, lovely quotation. I thought you would enjoy the reading of Russell Drysdale, I actually added that link for your reading.x

RO said...

That quote is quite phenomenal and so true. Happy Monday and Hugs...RO

My name is Erika. said...

Nice ICADS and I really like your kind words page. That background is amazing. It makes a super base for the photo. And the sentiment is important. It's true. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Lovely artwork Elizabeth.

Mia said...

Elizabeth, this is a lovely page!!!
What is the "ICAD", sweetie?
Hugs, Mia

froebelsternchen said...

Adorable Elizabeth - I love and totally agree with these words !
A fabulous vibrant and artsy page - you know I so love your sewing on the pages! Thank you very very much for a great entry for Halle's topic and super to see the ICADS not all at once! Love your doodled heart!
Susi xxx

Divers and Sundry said...

Nice! I especially like the trim and, of course, the backgrounds always amaze me.

I'm paying more attention to the people participating in the ICAD challenge, always on the lookout for inspiration. Thanks for bring them to my attention :)

CJ Kennedy said...

Thanks for sharing your ICADs. Are you following any prompts or doing whatever strikes your fancy at the moment. Nice quote.

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Lovely page and sentiment, Elizabeth. Eileen xx

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu....did ewe drawz that heart buddy !!

;) grate job ♥♥☺☺

Amy said...

Very pretty indeed! I like the stitches and thought you put into your piece!
I like a nice day where you can walk and be peaceful!! Soothing to the mind!
https://heartnsoul-amy.blogspot.com/2019/06/words-to-live-by-artjournaljrny.html?m=1

Meggymay said...

A lovely sentiment to go with the beautiful journal page. The photo of the girls walking hand in hand through the fields is special.
The Icads look great as well.
Yvonne xx

Halle said...

Looks as if you are off to a good start with the ICADs. I like the words and imagery for your AJJ entry today!

Linda Kunsman said...

I love your Spring day art- the stitching, the imagery!! So glad you mentioned the ICAD post of yours in your comment to me for T Day. I must remember to check in with you each week to see. So fun to create them! I've always loved working small:)

Caty said...

How beautiful your icads Elizabeth! I love them. The bird and the hearts are wonderful.
Your Art page is so Gorgeous !! I love your handmade shimmering mists, the colours are wonderful !! The image is also very beautiful, happy spring days! and the quote is fabulous. The fiber is a great detail.
I wish you a very nice Wednesday, big hugs,
Caty

Lowcarb team member said...

'A kind word is like a spring day' what lovely words these are.

All the best Jan

Sharon Fritchman said...

Hi again, Elizabeth! Just wanted to let you know how much I enjoyed your ICADS and especially love the page you made for this month's Art Journal Journey theme. Your words to live by are so perfect here, and I love that beautiful image, so much! Thanks for everything! Hugs, Sharon

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these ICADs and will be watching out tomorrow for more! Your Journal page is beautiful - your background echoes the image and the words! Hugs, Chrisx