Saturday, March 23, 2019

Winter


I'm joining Jo from Let's Art Journal again, who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Hello Springtime

I know you must be thinking the title of this post is a bit misleading if I'm welcoming Springtime.

"If we had no winter,

spring would

not be so pleasant."

The quote is attributed to Anne Bradstreet.

The paper doll is definitely dressed like it's still winter.

Her legs look cold above the high top laced shoes.

Her coat and hat signify she hasn't brought out her spring garb yet.

For this page, I began by laying down a calendar page onto 110 lb card stock.  I added the computer generated quote I colored using two water soluble crayons and outlined using a colored pencil.  Finally, I added the paper doll I tried to position on a rock.

I'm so grateful you joined me today.   You have no idea how much I appreciate your visits.  I am desperately trying to catch up and visit everyone I have missed during the week when my internet was down.  However, there are only so many hours I can sit in one session.  Please know I'll be by soon, though.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey

19 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant address to spring and love all the pics added. Enjoy your weekend.

froebelsternchen said...

A wonderful creation - this girl looks like she enjoys her warm outfit and her walk through the winter landscape and her lovely fresh face shows that she is already thinking of spring ! Thank you very much for linking another of your wonderful altered calendar image pages to the current AJJ topic! Your ideas and techniques are really inspiring my arty friend! Happy Saturday Dr.E.! Much love from Susi

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page, love the quote. Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

Let's Art Journal said...

Another fabulous page! I love how you used the winter scene with the quote and the paper doll looks right at home where you placed her too - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Art Journal Journey and happy weekend! J 😊 x

Eileen Bergen said...

Great page, Elizabeth. Boy, that winter scape looks bleak! Dar, your saying was on my list of possibles for "Hello Springtime."

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful thoughts and ideas on my decluttering post.

Not to worry, I kept all the old yellowed newspapers and cut out any photos of interest for my art. That lead me into the craft room to develop some sort of organization scheme for all my inspiration and collage papers and pictures. Stay tuned for the next episode ...

As for technology, I wish I had the knowledge or foresight to have had a computer built for me with Linux. But I don't even understand why there are no problems with Linux OS. Is it stable and unchanging? Does it do everything Windows does - except mess things up (grin)? I'm a babe in the woods as far as technology goes. My hubby is my IT guy. Our old equipment did not go to the dump, BTW. Some will be used for parts. Other pieces will be used by people who can't afford the latest technology.

Re fashion, I'm with you. Buy quality and classics, then accessorize.

You're an inspiration and I'm very happy to know you 😊

Eileen xx

WendyK said...

Gorgeous colourful picture and quote.

CJ Kennedy said...

A very colorful page, but I bet to differ with the quote. Since we just got another couple of inches of snow in this endless Winter, I think Spring would be just as pleasant without Winter.

Nancy said...

I can't stop gazing at the red rock image! I love, love Sedona and the red rocks, even with a dusting of snow on them. She's a lucky lady to be standing amidst all that beauty.

Divers and Sundry said...

I like your page but disagree with the sentiment. We appreciate Spring around here no matter what happens the rest of the year ;)

Sami said...

I would prefer Spring without winter, but luckily our winter in Perth is mild enough, no snow at all.
Your page is very nicely done Elizabeth.
Have a lovely weekend.

Mia said...

Lovely sentiment and a really gorgeous page, Elizabeth. Kisses, my friend.

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a lovely art journal page Elizabeth. And I think you're right: if we didn't have the cold Winters, we wouldn't appreciate Spring as much. My daffodils have flower buds now, so it won't be long before they open up. Yay Spring!

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic winter landscape scene and yes I think she would need the warm cosy coat she is wearing. It is a great quote. The cold sure does make us appreciate the warm when it arrives.
Yvonne xx

My name is Erika. said...

I am loving these pages you are making lately with the beautiful calendar style photo and the TH people. This is a gorgeous page.The colors of the red rocks and the blue sky with the snow is amazing. And Anne Bradstreet was a New England puritan so she knew winter and spring. (But spring could be just as pleasant if it came a little earlier-smile). Hope it's been a good Saturday. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Pretty! A winter coat spring is appropriate up here. ;)

rose AKA Walk in the Woods - she/her said...

Yes: Spring is so appreciated after winter. ::nods::

Cindy McMath said...

I missed this yesterday having a busy Saturday. I love the saying,and I think it’s true. When I was living in Toronto, I mused that the reason people in Toronto don’t complain about the heat in the summer (which is beastly) is becuase the winters are so very cold. I love the page - great colours.

Jeanie said...

I love the colors in this. The image works perfectly!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I know just how you feel about trying to catch up with blog visits!
I love this page and I must say that I start to look forward to Spring from the days the days start to get longer. On very cold days I always think ahead and wonder how hot it will get each year! Last year exceeded itself and was a little too hot for me!! Hugs, Chrisx