Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Spring is everywhere I look


Some days I hate my internet.  It seems like when it rains hard like it has for days here, my internet goes on the fritz.  After a call to AT&T, my internet provider, they couldn't help me until today, which meant I have been offline since early Tuesday morning.  NOT a good thing when you are the host of a weekly venue.  I deeply apologize, but there is nothing I can do, short of changing internet providers.  There are two choices in Wichita, DSL (AT&T) or Cable (Cox), which is three times as fast and twice as expensive.  Until I win the lottery (grin), I will be stuck with AT&T.  Now back to the regularly scheduled art.

I'm back today joining Jo from Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her theme Hello Springtime.

In this scenario, the little boy is saying "Spring is everywhere I look."  It's also the name of this latest journal entry.

And because there is a whole bunch of nature in this, I'm also joining Moo-Mania and More with their Close to Nature theme.

I had this little boy (TH paper doll) on my table.  He was wrapped up in some loose thread I had been sewing with, when I decided to keep it intact.    Sadly, I didn't realize the thread was wrapped around his face.

For this entry, I began with a large page I removed from a catalog.  I added the little TH paper doll wrapped in variegated thread.  Finally, I added computer generated text I colored using water soluble crayons.

I'm delighted you decided to visit my blog today.  Please join me at Art Journal Journey and Moo-Mania and More, too.

17 thoughtful remarks:

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; stay safe; you and the cats; we've heard the weather out your way is "vizshuz" as da tabbies say ~ ☺☺♥♥

Valerie-Jael said...

Sorry about your internet, we have more choice here. Lovely page with the little boy. Have a great day, Valerie

Divers and Sundry said...

The state of internet access in this country is deplorable. We wouldn't stand for it if electricity or landline phone service had connectivity this bad, and internet access is a utility in these days and should be treated as such.

I like the idea of using these little paper dolls in your art. I'll be on the lookout for such a thing small enough for ATCs. Sweet!

kathyinozarks said...

for years we have struggled with rural internet because we want to live rural. moving to the lake house which is actually more remote then where we are now except for less land and neighbors-will give us very fast internet-first time ever for us so I am excited about that-also the phone and all the utilities will be less expensive there too.
Loving your spring pages-we are having loads of rain, strong winds and storms too-stay dry and safe-hugs

Susan Kane said...

I have done battle many times, understand your pain.

Looking forward to seeing the next stage of the little boy.

Meggymay said...

I am enjoying seeing your Springtime scenes, The little lad looks like he could have been practicing throwing ropes and got himself into a right tangle.
Yvonne xx

junemac2 said...

Fabulous ! I adore Spring.its my fave season <3 x

Mia said...

Hi Elizabeth. I understand your pain, I can't stand without internet!
And I lllllllllllove your page!!!!!! You used a beautiful TH doll on a gorgeous spring background. As for the thread on his face, it looks like a mustache!!!!!! Kisses, my friend.

aussie aNNie said...

Great post, everyone is looking for spring and I am waiting for my winter, very mild ones we have not like you would get.x

My name is Erika. said...

You must have a great old calendar you are getting these fantastic background images from. They work so well with the paper dolls. Loving these spring scenes. Flowers and green grass are still a ways off for me. But the snow is melting. Sorry to hear about your internet. Its too bad when you rely on it like us blogging folks do. Have a good Thursday. Hugs-Erika

peggy gatto said...

Very dear boy!

Neet said...

Another delightful Spring page - are you sure someone who lives in the same house as you didn't have a hand in tangling the string around the little boy?
Hugs, Neet xx

froebelsternchen said...

I can imagine how annoying this is with the internet. Sorry for you my friend! Stay safe!
I love always how you use this fabulous calendar pages to make such pretty pages for us ! A wonderful entry with this lovely little boy!

A great entry for Jo's theme - linked it for you to the collection, hopt this is o.k. for you.

Big hugs, Susi

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a fun page! Your little boy looks like he has got caught in in the strings of his kite as he was trying to fly it ...ha ha 😁. It's a lovely backdrop with the pretty flowers too. Thanks for sharing this happy springtime page with us at Art Journal Journey! J 😊 x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Brilliant page Elizabeth! We have had a windy night in the caravan - rain forecast today and still very windy! Hugs, Chrisx

craftytrog said...

A super page Elizabeth! That little fella has got himself in a tangle!
The high winds here have been playing havoc with our internet, it's so annoying!
Happy Friday,
Alison xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

This is a lovely piece Elizabeth, little boys at play within nature. Such an innocent reflection on childhood. So sorry to hear about your internet issues. As much as we try to stay out of the limelight of social media it can be so frustrating when the little piece we do embrace is taken away from us.
I hope it will soon be sorted and you will be back up to speed very very soon.
Take good care & we all hope to see you back in the game very very soon.
Hugs Tracey xx