Sunday, March 24, 2019

It's Tulip Time!


Once again I'm joining all three of my favorite challenge blogs with this entry.

Today I'm once again joining Jo from Let's Art Journal who is our host this month at Art Journal Journey with her Hello Springtime theme.  I'm also joining Moo-Mania and More with their Colo(u)rful theme, and Try it on Tuesday with their Say it with Flowers theme. 

When I think of spring, I think of tulips.

A cherubic face doesn't hurt, either.

Add to that a title framed in decorative ribbon and sewn to the page.

For this page, I started with a page I found in a large magazine.  I adhered it to a sheet of 110 lb card stock using double sided tape.  Next, I sewed the words to the page along with the decorative ribbon I found in my stash.  I was hoping for ribbon that more closely matched the little girl's dress, but couldn't find any in my stash.  Therefore, the gold had to do.

I'm so happy you decided to visit today.  Please also join Bleubeard and me at Art Journal Journey, Try it on Tuesday, and Moo-Mania and More, too.

 

21 thoughtful remarks:

froebelsternchen said...

Tulip time is GOLDEN - therefore the golden ribbon is perfect! I love this colo(u)rful sweet image - this little girl reminds me a bit of me as I was at this age - all my relatives told me later that I was just a very "good as GOLD" little girl. My daughter was and is more the opposite of me - more her Dad I think ...lol.
And I LOVE Tulips.
White tulips are my alltime favourite flowers.
You made my Sunday with this triplicate entry for the favourite challenges of mine. Thank you three times dear Elizabeth for this wonderful cheery page!
Have a great day!
Much love from
Susi

Rike said...

Your picture is wonderful colorful and the smile of the girl is so innocent! This golden ribbon framing the title reminds me of my drawing exercises - it's just the pattern which loosens my fingers for drawing, I shall try it next time again!
Wish you a happy Sunday! Rike xx
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog - I tell you it's never too late, dear Elizabeth!

Let's Art Journal said...

Such a wonderful page! The image his adorable and tulips definitely say spring to me too 😁. The gold ribbon and stitching looks amazing! Thanks so much for inspiring us Art Journal Journey again! Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

CJ Kennedy said...

the little girl's bonnet almost makes her look like a little tulip. Such a cute image. I think your gold ribbon and stitching looks like looking down on tulip heads. Wonderful Spring page.

Mia said...

The decorative ribbon you added is perfect, Elizabeth. Great page. I love spring and tulips! Kisses, my friend.

My name is Erika. said...

Wow. How great to meet all 3 challenges in one. This little girl is very cute, And to be standing in a field of tulips. That would be very cool. Nice page again Elizabeth. And thanks for linking up to Try It On Tuesday with us. Happy Sunday. hugs-Erika

Meggymay said...

Absolutely adorable, it is a really pretty scene, the sweet girl in her floral apron and those tulips look beautiful.
A fabulous page and super that you can link up with three challenges. Of course I am thrilled you added this to our theme at Try it on Tuesdays.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

Tulips are such a treat! I haven't seen many this season, so your art is making my day :)

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely page Elizabeth! Tulips are beautiful and even better they are not scented, so I could go to see the tulips in Amsterdam and not spend the whole time sneezing! Also they are a great cut flower for me for the same reason. I like your stitching as always.

Caty said...

OOhhh This is a so Wonderful and happy Art page Elizabeth !! Just Gorgeous, I love this little girl between the tulips, and I love your golden ribbon, it´s very beautiful with this red thread. Amazing as always.
I wish you a very nice day, and send big hugs.
Caty

Rita said...

Such a cutie!
It's even melting up here now. Far from tulip time, though--LOL! ;)

aussie aNNie said...

ahh love this, bold, bright, beautiful and stunning.xx

Sandra said...

Tulip time...purrfect.

Cath Wilson said...

I LOVE tulips, Elisabeth and have some growing in pots outside in my yard (not a garden) plus some from friends spotted around my house in vases. They are so colourful and seem to grow more beautiful and interesting as they droop and decay, changing hues as they do.
Your little girl is a delight with her rosy red cheeks, clearly a little nippy where she is - just like our Spring - and looking so beautiful. The sewing around the words just finishes it off beautifully. A beautiful page. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
Cath x

WendyK said...

What a beautiful colourful page Elizabeth, love the little girl and the tulips. Our aren't out yet. Have a great week, hugs Wendy

R's Rue said...

❤️

Halle said...

Oh my gosh...she is a doll! Love the page!

Rosie said...

This picture is so beautiful

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE again

pearshapedcrafting said...

How fabulous this is ! The gold around the word panel looks perfect and I am so pleased you are joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Hugs, Chrisxx

Eileen Bergen said...

What a cute picture for your tulip page, Elizabeth. The lettering looks like it's on a a piece of plastic. I wonder how you did that. It's a cool effect. Eileen xx

Jeanie said...

This reminds me of the tulip festival they have every year in Holland, MI. I haven't been in ages -- maybe this year!