Friday, March 29, 2019

Friday Smiles 314: a brief trip to the Museum of World Treasures


I'm sure you can tell, I'm here for Annie's Friday Smiles. Today we are taking a brief tour through another room in the Museum of World Treasures.  However, there are many, many photos for that room, and I really want to show them in one setting, if possible.

Before we begin however, I want to share a few funnies I found when I was cleaning my office last year.


One afternoon, I was in the backyard hanging the laundry when an old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home. But when I walked into the house, he followed me, sauntered down the hall and fell asleep in a corner. An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out. The next day he was back. He resumed his position in the hallway and slept for an hour.

This continued for several weeks. Curious, I pinned a note to his collar: “Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap.”

The next day he arrived with a response pinned to his collar: “We have ten children.  He’s trying to catch up on his sleep.”




  A sign was hung in an office window. It read:
      
      Help wanted.
      Must type 70 words a minute.
      Must be computer literate.
      Must be bilingual.
      An equal opportunity employer.
      
      A dog was ambling down the street and saw the sign. He looked at it for a moment, pulled it down with his mouth, and walked into the manager's office, making it clear he wished to apply for the job.
      
      The office manager laughed and said, "I can't hire a dog for this job."
      
      The dog pointed to the line: "An equal opportunity employer."
      
      So the manager said, "OK, take this letter and type it." The dog went off to the word processor and returned a minute later with the finished letter, perfectly formatted.
      
      The manager said, "Alright, here's a problem. Write a computer program for it and run it."
      
      Fifteen minutes later, the dog came back with the correct answer.
      
      The manager still wasn't convinced. "I still can't hire you for this position. You've got to be bilingual."
      
      The dog looked up at the manager and said, "Meow."



Upon entering a little country store, the stranger noticed a sign warning, "Danger! Beware of dog!" posted on the glass door. Inside, he noticed a harmless old hound dog asleep on the floor beside the cash register.
      
"Is that the dog folks are supposed to beware of?" he asked the owner.
      
"Yep, that's him," came the reply.
      
The stranger couldn't help but be amused. "That certainly doesn't look like a dangerous dog to me. Why in the world would you post that sign?"
      
"Because," the owner explained, "Before I posted that sign, people kept tripping over him."
 



There was a hound dog laying in the yard. An old man in overalls was sitting on the porch. "Excuse me, sir, but does your dog bite?" the tourist asked.
      
The old man replied, "Nope."
      
So the tourist stepped out of his car. The dog ran over snarling and growling and bit him on his arms and legs. As the dog was dragging him away the tourist was flailing around in the dust and yelled, "I thought you said your dog didn't bite!"
      
The old man replied, "Ain't my dog."

 

A man took his Rottweiler to the vet and said to the vet: "My dog's cross-eyed, is there anything you can do for it?"
      
"Well" said the vet "lets have a look at him"
      
So he picks the dog up and has a good look at it's eyes.
      
"Well" says the vet "I'm going to have to put him down"
      
"Just because he's cross-eyed?" says the man.
      
"No, because he's heavy" says the vet.



A Sunday School helper was delivering a station wagon full of kids home one day when a fire truck zoomed past. Sitting in the front seat of the fire truck was a Dalmatian dog. The children began discussing the dog's duties.
      
"They use him to keep crowds back," said one youngster.
      
"No," said another, "he's just for good luck."
      
A third child brought the argument to a close. "They use the dogs," she said firmly, "to find the fire hydrant."



I fear these jokes have gone to the dogs this week.  I bet Milly, Molly, Poppy, Stan, and Maisie will appreciate them.  Bleubeard and Squiggles not so much!!! (Sorry Kate, I can never remember the names of your dogs and cats)

Today I'm going to show only a few photos in Creating the Crown.  


I actually like this old map better, but I didn't segregate the second floor like I did from the map I received this time I went.  I will save the royal documents, swords, and firearms until Friday, April 26.  Over the next three weeks I will be creating recycled art leading up to EARTH DAY, or as I like to call it, bEARTHday, so I fear Friday Smiles will have to be on hiatus.

The exhibit I should have started with was entitled "Creating the Crown." 

I was excited to revisit these European royalties and dynasties.  My interest began when I created an altered book of British Kings and Queens for my friend Kathy (who thinks MORE is never enough).  I hope to share the entire altered book one of these days when I have a few hours to put the photos together.  I'm sure my British friends will find it interesting, too.

It was obvious from this tree that more than England was involved, which of course, surprised me.

It appears most of Europe was tied together through marriage or lineage in one way or another.
 



It's impossible to read all the names on the list, and the photos I took of this exhibit, where the lighting was atrocious, and everything was under glass, made me think about the days when I had my old camera that took lousy photos. 

Thanks as usual for joining me in the museum today.  Please don't forget to start your weekend off right by visiting Annie for a few Friday Smiles.  We would love to have you join, also.   Don't forget, I'll see you right back here at the Museum of World Treasures on April 26.


22 thoughtful remarks:

aussie aNNie said...

haha love the funnies my grins are big, have a great weekend.x

Valerie-Jael said...

I may come from England, and have a lot of respect for the Queen, who keeps going so well, but I am NOT a fan of royalty! And not a fan of a lot of heads of states on both sides of the pond, without mentioning names like Donald and Theresa....Valerie

CJ Kennedy said...

I really enjoyed the photos of the genealogy chart. Very interesting layout.

My name is Erika. said...

That sounds like a cool exhibit. And I love the fact a museum in US has something like this. They created a cool family tree for the exhibit for sure. appy Friday. Hugs-Erika

Annie said...

Milly and I enjoyed the funnies this week. A real multicultural family tree.
Hugs,
Annie x

mamapez5 said...

Some good dog jokes today Elizabeth. (Kim and Foxy are mine by the way).
The Royal family tree is interesting today. Sadly I don't think there will many Royals left soon. have a lovely week. Kate x

Gill Edwards said...

What an interesting museum, Royalty is a love of mine too.

Have a great week
Gill

Lynn Holland said...

You’ve got me spluttering with laughter here. Brilliant xx

Lisca said...

Yes, those dog jokes are so funny. The first one might be a true story.
Royalty in Europe is very interesting as they married usually for political allegiance. I know that the British royal family is of the house of hannover and the Spanish queen mother Sophia is Greek. Prince Philip (Uk) is also Greek. A right old mishmash.
Have a lovely weekend,
Lisca

froebelsternchen said...

Liyongo and Quinnie appreciate your jokes as well! Thank you dear Elizabeth! And wow I am looking forward to the Royality Altered Book! This display is amazing - to see all the lines at once...cool!
A fabulous museum!

Have a great Friday my friend! I have to tell you that I will not be around from Sunday evening on for the next days as I am off to my Dad for a few days and can't tell how much time I will spend on the computer there.
So please forgive me when I am not here and joining in at TSFT and Second on the 2nd next week- hope you understand -
can't visit anyone of the participants in return then - this would not be good and fair.

Big, big hugs and lots of love

Susi

RO said...

It's always fun to kick off the weekend with funnies, and I need to find that dog who can type 70 wpm asap! I could use the help in catching up!(lol) Hugs and Happy Friyay! RO

Sami said...

I liked the dog jokes Elizabeth, very funny.
Looking forward to the European royalty posting.
Have a nice weekend.

Mia said...

I always love jokes, Elizabeth. Nice photos too. Kisses, my friend.

kathyinozarks said...

Your funnies were just too awesome this week-had me smiling for sure-which I needed.
I always enjoy going along with you to the museum
Happy Friday Kathy

Divers and Sundry said...

I've always found the royal family connections interesting, how they're connected between countries. It sounds like a fascinating exhibit!

Caty said...

So funny dog jokes Elizabeth !! :)
This royal families ´map... results very interesting to know what kind of relationship there is between the people. Thank you very much for sharing it.
I wish you a very nice weekend, and send
Big hugs, Caty

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Loving the funnies....as usual actually! I seem to get later but it's been a busy week, I'm getting there it just takes time. It's an interesting collection of countries that make up the British royal family, guess they thought if they married foreigners it would help to keep the peace. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

Meggymay said...

A great Friday post. I liked best the funny about the dog applying for the job, it sure had a reply as well.
I look forward to seeing your journal about our Royalty, it must have been an interesting part of the museum to visit as well.
Yvonne xx

Rita said...

Especially love the jokes. :)

Jeanie said...

Royal families fascinate me. Part of me understands why they intermarried between countries -- but over and over? I guess back then they didn't realize the challenges to the gene pool with intermarriage.

Lowcarb team member said...

LOL! Thanks for the funnies :)

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great funnies E!!! The inter-marriages within the Royal houses of Europe are quite fascinating, especially when they were betrothed and sometimes even married at such a young age! Hugs, Chrisx