Sunday, February 10, 2019

The title is everything


This month our host at Art Journal Journey is Rike of Rike's Art.  Rike wants us to use yellow as the main or at least notable ingredient in our art.

I realized I had a ton of these 365 collages I made that included yellow as part of the collage or abstract. I decided it was time to recycle a few of them, since otherwise they will only collect dust.





While it was easy for me to come up with a title for each of these individual 365 pieces when I made them, when I put them with a ledger background, a title eluded me.

For this collage, I began by printing (using 110 lb card stock) a ledger sheet I found on the internet.  I loosely colored it using a yellow water soluble crayon.  I went through my 365 collages and came up with three I thought went well together and glued them to the ledger sheet.

Thank you so much for spending some of your computer time with Bleubeard me today.  I hope you will join us this month at Art Journal Journey with your yellow inspired art, too.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Good idea to recycle older work, I have been doing this a lot lately. It made a great, new collage. Have a great day, Valerie

Rike said...

That's a great idea to use some of your collages - and there you found a lot of yellow color, you see you used yellow before :) - a perfect way to recycle them before they collect dust, haha, you are funny, dear!
Thank you for another interesting entry from you for my theme at AJJ! I appreciate it!
Wish you a happy Sunday! Rike xx

Rike said...

I forgot to say - I like your title although it eluded you :)

froebelsternchen said...

The perfect use of the collages - what a clever idea , I would like you had a title for it as your titles always are fun and thoughtful! What a cheerful page - a great addition to the already exciting collection of yellow inspired art at the AJJ challenge Elizabeth!
Happy Sunday for you and the boys my der Co.-Admin!

Big hugs and much of LOVE from

Susi

Anne (cornucopia) said...

This is a lovely collage. I like seeing all of the yellows everyone is using for this month's journal challenge. It makes me think of warm Spring, which can't get here soon enough.

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful piece of collage art Elizabeth!
Happy weekend,
Alison xx

CJ Kennedy said...

What a great idea to recycle art work. Your sunny collage is making me think of warmer days as we await another messy snow/sleet/rain mix on Tuesday.

My name is Erika. said...

Together they make a gorgeous piece. It looks almost like an old ledger that's been artistically done. And better than just letting those pieces sit there-you have given them a second life recycling them into the piece. Hope you're having a good weekend. Hugs-Erika

Caty said...

Wooww Elizabeth !! This is an AMAZING Art journal page !! Love love your collages !! and love the ledger sheet in yellow, that´s a great idea to recicle your Art work !! I always enjoy your so special ideas !!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, and send you
Big hugs, Caty

Divers and Sundry said...

This is the 3rd mention I've seen today of water soluble crayons, and I don't remember hearing of them before. I think I need a little trip to Michael's to check it out :)

I love this page and the idea of recycling art in other works of art. Wonderful!

Cindy McMath said...

What a great idea, and it turned out beautifully! I really like the composition of this piece - you’ve taken some pieces that were already great and combined them to make something even better - well done!

kathyinozarks said...

I love your collages-and this one was perfectly recycled-Loving it!!
Did you get any of this ice? too icy here to drive up to the lake house-
Happy Sunday

Meggymay said...

It is a fantastic background and your small collage pieces look as if you made they specially to go with the page.
Yvonne xx

Sandra Cox said...

Apologies for being late stopping by, again:(
I love the colors in this and the clean feel of the squares.

aussie aNNie said...

Super post, love the colours and gorgeous design...

Susan Kane said...

I love the inclusion of ledger pages.

Sami said...

Lovely collage, I like the ledger and the chinese page.

Jeanie said...

When I as doing collage I loved using leger paper. This looks great and I love it with the yellow.

pearshapedcrafting said...

This is absolutely brilliant Elizabeth! Your collages on your yellow ledger page look great! Hugs, Chrisx

Eileen Bergen said...

Very cool page, Elizabeth. I just re-purposed a tag into a journal page. (Pearshaped) Chris inspired me to do it. I have to think more along these lines because, as you said, otherwise the old ones just sit around gathering dust. I hope you're feeling better. Eileen xx