Wednesday, November 7, 2018

Wednesday wonders: autumn has arrived


Today I won't be relying on Pexels for photos, because these are my own as I share the beauty in and around my neighborhood.

Even through a dirty window, and speeding down the highway,

I couldn't believe the vibrancy of these trees.  We were in for a treat this autumn, as mother nature supplied us with genuinely beautiful art!






















Then it was off to my home where I was determined to use my gourds I picked on Sunday in an arrangement on the porch.  Sadly this was a BIG disappointment.

The next day, I headed to my local market and purchased not one,

but two pumpkins.  I got both these large pumpkins for less than I would have paid for one pumpkin at Bergmann's.  I wanted to buy mums, but neither of the local grocery stores had them.  I fear my desire to turn my porch into a tribute to autumn fell short of my expectations.

Even my skeleton looks out of place against my dirty porch.  I'll be using the power washer in spring.

As I was off to vote early, I saw this cat I thought reminded me of my friend CJ's Ink.  It is hard driving and taking photos,

by the time I stopped and parked in the street, the cat was ready to hide.

Because I voted early,

I went to a different polling place than the one where I normally vote.

On my way home from voting, I came across this display down the street from where I live.  This time I not only parked,

I got out,

and walked up to get a better look.





Too bad some car was parked in front of the house, keeping me from getting a good overall view of the display.






I realize this is not a typical Wednesday wonders, but I hope you enjoyed seeing autumn and Halloween as it appeared in my neighborhood.

Thank you SO much for visiting today.  I appreciate that you took time to stop by and spend a bit of your day with me.


Of course, I am also joining AEDM with photos from my neighborhood for Day 7.

You may be tired of reading this, but I want to reiterate, if you are on Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, or G +, I will visit, but I cannot leave a comment since I'm not a member of any of those platforms. 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

shame you felt your autumn decorations weren't as good as you wanted.
that house you photographed certainly went to town on it's halloween decorations though!

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, this is a time of year where there is lots of beauty around. Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Your area and neighborhood are full of autumnal flair and I am impressed with the Halloween displays. Your porch looks fantastic. Absolutely after my taste!
Happy Day! Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Well I really like your porch as well. It captured the season without being 'over the top', where you try to make sense of what you are seeing.
The photos of the trees looked lovely and it seemed like the sun was shining that day.
The Halloween garden was amazing, it must have taken hours. Do folk travel to see these displays or is it just for the families in the area?
Have a great day.
Yvonne xx

Sami said...

Love the Autumn trees, such great colours!
That house with the Halloween decorations was amazing.

My name is Erika. said...

Your house doesn't look horrible my friend. I love the skeleton. It looks even spookier on the house now than it would if you power washed it. My house needs a power wash too. And the straw bales look good and then you can use them in your garden. It looks like you are having beautiful fall weather and colors too. Thanks for sharing. and have a good day! Hugs-Erika

johanna said...

oh my, that house with the halloween decorations is quite a hoot! you got some good photos, despite the car... and i think your house looks fine as well... the less contrast the skeleton makes, the easier to shock somebody, haha...

CJ Kennedy said...

Such vibrant Autumn colors. And the cool Halloween decorations. Those were awesome, But my favorite? The little black kitty on the porch enjoying his snack. Enjoy your day.

Divers and Sundry said...

What wonderful colors! And I love the seasonal decorations :)

Jeanie said...

I missed so much of fall and colors, being gone all October, so seeing your post really makes me smile and reminds me it still IS fall (despite the cold here!). Loads of fun decor -- I admire people who can pull that off.

Thanks for coming by the blog again. Always good to see you!

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; I think your arrangement turned out very nice !! the neighbors around here don't do much anymore; too many "vandals" and sometimes theevez as da tabbies would say ~~~~~ hi to bleu and squiggles; the cat does remind us of INK !! ☺☺♥♥

Rita said...

The fall trees around there are just gorgeous!
That yard full of skeletons and witches was just amazing!!! I bet they have people stop and get out and take pictures all the time. Wow!

Caty said...

Love all those wonderful photographs Elizabeth !! Thanks so much for sharing them, your neighborhood is fantastique, the views, the trees, all is perfect, we can see Autumn everywhere. I like your porch very much with those great pumkins, and love the Hallowween lovely decoration.
I wish you a very nice day, b ig hugs, Caty

Cath Wilson said...

Absolutely stunning autumn colours, Elizabeth. You are very spoiled :-) But you deserve it, lol.

Great photos and I love your pumpkins!

Cath x

pearshapedcrafting said...

Such beautiful colours in your area! I loved your porch - the pumpkins and the bales could stay for a while for me! We have to vote in the place we are told to and are checked off manually on a list and double checked. Hugs, Chrisx