Saturday, November 10, 2018

Inspired by Audubon


I'm once again joining Erika aka BioArtGal who is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Vintage or Modern.

I call this one Inspired by Audubon.


"Inspired by

Audubon."



For this piece, I began by adhering a sheet of handmade paper (HMP) to a sheet of 110 lb cardstock.  The HMP was a reject because I had added rose petals to the paper pulp and the roses bled into the wet pulp as it dried.  I printed three vintage bird images for which I carefully fussy cut rounded edges.  I added tea stains using a tea bag on each of the bird images.  Finally, against my better judgement, I hand printed the sentiment using a metallic gel pen.

Bleubeard and I are so happy you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey



For Day 10 of Art Every Day Month (AEDM), I created a journal page.

I want to reiterate, if you are on Flickr, Instagram, Facebook, or G +, I will visit, but I cannot leave a comment since I'm not a member of any of those platforms. 
 

22 thoughtful remarks:

johanna said...

audubon really drew such great bird images - a good choice for your ajj and AEDM:)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful, lovely birds.x

Valerie-Jael said...

Those bird drawings on your page are really wonderful, I have a book with lots of his images. Valerie

Meggymay said...

A wonderful choice of vintage drawings. Audubon's birds are beautiful.
It is a fantastic page and your own paper looks lovely as the background.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Those bird images are inspiring and I love the background paper!Sorry not to have been around for a while! Just had a catch up of your lovely posts! Hugs,Chrisx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Your Vintage Birds grace your HMP very well, i've not made paper for years. Maybe something to dabble in again in the new year.
Hugs Tracey xx

WendyK said...

Great page, love the bird images, I need to look him up now.

Sami said...

Nice vintage looking pages Elizabeth.
Have a lovely weekend.

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful. The tea staining give the bird images a very vintage look as does the use of your hand-lettering. Nicely done.

My name is Erika. said...

You did Audubon porus with this piece. I love htta handmade paper. It came out perfect as a vintage background (or many other things)and I those bird images are quite beautiful too. Thanks so much for your support and for joining in again over at AJJ. I know you are one of the administrators but it is still great to have you join. Happy Saturda. Hugs-Erika

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous drawings on your wonderful page dear Elizabeth!
A fantastic entry for Erika's AJJ theme!
Happy Saturday!
Hugs, Susi

Anne (cornucopia) said...

What a great idea! I'm fortunate to have an Audubon preserve near me, although I usually only get woodland photos there, and no birds (go figure), even though I hear the birds chirping whenever I'm there. I love the Audubon prints.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm always impressed by your handmade paper. It's really a highlight for me.

Sandra Cox said...

This is great, Elizabeth! I love the vintage look:)
Hope your weekend is creative and pleasant.

Rita said...

Beautiful! I love the Audubon prints. :)

Cindy McMath said...

Those are lovely images and make a lovely page. Great when the ‘rejects’ find a good home. :). Beautiful paper.

Rike said...

These are wonderful drawings, I did not know Audubon (now I have to look at google). Your hand made paper give a magical background for these pictures and I like your metallic handlettering!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

Mia said...

I LLLLLLLOVE your vintage birds!!!!!!!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the bird images :)

All the best Jan

Jeanie said...

These are beautiful, Elizabeth. I always love bird pieces but these really speak to me with their lovely lines and they look so nice on the orange.

Caty said...

What a wonderful page Elizabeth! I love! That handmade paper. it´s so beautiful, I like it very much, and the petals add beauty. I like those birds too, it's a great Artwork! Congrats!
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

NatureFootstep said...

I love birds so this was a pleasant surprise. Love the way you used tea :)