Sunday, October 21, 2018

Sit! Stay!


Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Creature Comforts.  

I've owned several champion dogs in my life, a couple of which won in both obedience and confirmation.  The first thing you teach them is to 

Sit and Stay.

In this take on Sit and Stay, the little boy is sitting and the dog isn't moving a muscle.

The most difficult thing about this page was getting the TH paper dolls situated perfectly on the background.  The second was tearing the handmade paper and getting my handwriting to fit in the square.  For the words, I used a metallic gel pen. 

Bleubeard and I are overjoyed you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey
 

15 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful page. Dogs are always great companions. Have a nice day, Valerie

chrissie said...

A wonderful page Elizabeth with a great feeling of peace and tranquility.

Hope your day goes well

Love Chrissie xx

froebelsternchen said...

You situated the two perfectly! A wonderful page! You know how much I adore the company of dogs! Get weel soon! A fantastic entry again! Hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Wow I am in love with this page Elizabeth. It is a stunning scene and the little boy and his dog are placed perfectly, I think you know my love of dogs as well, mine are always remembered.
Hope today is a better day for you.
Yvonne xx

Barbara said...

I really like this one, Elizabeth. The backdrop for the theme is perfect, a rocky sunrise or sunset, whichever the viewer sees. I’ like to try painting those rocks. For some reason rocks are giving me trouble. We’ve had many dogs over the years, none of which were as obedient as yours. It takes a good trainer!

RO said...

I really love this theme, and it looks so realistic too. I've had dogs when I was young, neither of them paying much attention to me.(lol) Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

First command you teach kids, too. Sit and stay. I love the little boy and the dog. Treats all around for obeying the command.

My name is Erika. said...

OK you must be unintentionally channeling my brain this weekend because I have been to this place in Canyonlands national park out in Utah. You hike in and get to see this fabulous view (we didn't have sunrise or sunset when I was there though). This arch is on a side of a cliff and it drops off a lot so I am glad that dog knows how to obey those commands and I hope the boy doesn't lean back to far. :) It is a very very cool page and I do love your take on it a lot! And I am curious what kind of champion dogs you have had? I remember you talking about a dog once but I don't think you talked about the kind of dog. Happy Sunday-Hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

Oh I am glad you are feeling on the improve too!

Linda Kunsman said...

a gorgeous backdrop for your wonderful scene! And the boy and dog are both is perfect positions. Well done!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely page...

Nice to read that you've owned several champion dogs, a couple of which won in both obedience and confirmation :)

All the best Jan

Sandra Cox said...

I love this and the thoughts behind it!
So hope you're feeling better.
Take care of yourself.

Rita said...

I like piece and the explanation of the piece, too. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous post.x

craftytrog said...

I love this page! How I wish Hubby liked dogs, I'd definitely have one myself!
Alison xxx