Wednesday, October 31, 2018

October complete and November ready (plus more) in my never ending calendar


October, 2018 is now complete.  For those who like to read minutia, you will see how boring my life really is.  I decorated the page while sick in bed.  I thought the cats visiting Bleubeard on his big day was enough excitement for the month.

November, 2018 is ready to write in.  Since this is the last year I can use this calendar, I was about to purchase a new one


when I found this one in my stash.

It's square and I thought it would be perfect.

It opens to lie flat

and I've had it since 2006.  I paid $4.00 (USD) for it and it has 80 pages.  That means I could use it for virtually the rest of my life, or at least for the next 13 years, since I would only need six pages per year (front and back).

However, after I opened it, I can assure you I will only be using it for one year, because it isn't the right size.  The calendar pages I had were too large, so I had to get a different calendar that was smaller.  I also had a ton of space on the top and bottom of the page.  In hindsight, I wish I had not even opened it, but I did and now I will use it for 2019.  But I will definitely be finding a longer and narrower journal to hold my calendar pages for 2020.  What is it they say about hindsight being 20/20?

Thanks for visiting today.  I appreciate it, since this is the only place you will see my puny calendar each month.       

18 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

surely if you have lots of space top and bottom of your calendar pages you could decorate them? I think it might look nice... we will wait and see what happens with your January page!!

Valerie-Jael said...

Difficult decision! Whatever you decide, have fun! Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It looks like a great size Elizabeth and a bargain too.. Isn't it amazing what we find in our stash, unused and unopened. You could use the extra space for those impromptu moments or to keep note of those brainwave ideas.
I see I missed Bleu Beards Birthday.. sending hugs & catnip your way!!
Hugs Tracey xx

Anne (cornucopia) said...

I like your calendar pages. (I'm wondering about the significance of the tea cups on Tuesdays.) I like the cat border at the bottom of October. And it is amazing what we discover in our stash. It's a shame it's not the right size you needed.

My name is Erika. said...

Nice calendar! I like the kitty stickers-perfect for Bleubeard's birthday. And I have a few journals I have picked up on sale and stash until needed. I can't wait to see these artistic takes in your new journal, even if it will only be for 1 year. Maybe you will like it better than you think? Hope your month ends in a good way. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Another month done. I love all the kitties at the bottom of the page and I especially love the black cat on the 16th. Hard to believe another month is ready to be filled. Looks like a nice journal, maybe you could find something else to do with it. Happy Halloween!

froebelsternchen said...

What if you make your own design for your calendar on the pages??? You will find a solution!
Sorry I had forgotten to link yesterday! I get old.....and confused .... but it doesn't hurt ..lol!
HAPPY HALLOWEEN Elizabeth!
Hugs, Susi

Darla said...

The book looks sturdy. That's always an issue for me. I'm sure you will figure out a solution for the shape. I just admire you for keeping a calendar every year - year after year.

Sami said...

You always have a month full of interesting notes Elizabeth.

I keep a small diary in my bag just to write important dates, details of things I have visited, trips...thinking of starting a bullet diary though, just not sure I will keep it up.

Divers and Sundry said...

It'll need adapting, but you're good at that :) It'll be interesting to see how this changes your pages. Your months look so full. I'd never be able to fill the blocks lol

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu....look....elizabeth marked de calendar for ewe....how kewl iz that !!! hope ewe N squiggles N elizabeth haza awesum howl o ween N heerz ta pumpkinz all reddy made inta piez ~~~~~~ ☺☺☺♥♥♥

Meggymay said...

Another full month for you has passed by, the cats added for Bleubeards Birthday look super and I think you will want to try to forget the days when you were really unwell.
The new journal may not be the size that you are used to for your calendar pages, but I am sure you will be able to adapt it. You stored it for quite a while yet it seems to have been a good buying price at the time.
Journal bargains always get me looking closer if I see them in the store.
Yvonne xx

Eileen Bergen said...

I love the kitties along the bottom, Elizabeth. I bet they're in honor of Bleubeard's 18th birthday.

I'm not sure why your $4 spiral-bound bargain won't work. But I don't know the size of the calendar pages you've been sharing with us. I wonder why you can't use two facing page for each month.

Eileen xox

RO said...

The cats are so adorable! I always try to find pink journals or planners too, so you know I love the color I see here, along with the material. I end up buying 4-5 Planners peer year because I look for different sizes, but the perfect one is actually called the Happy Planner and perfect because it's the right size, has the right colors and all these cool things inside. In Walmart they cost about $30, but in Michael's I've seen them as high as $70, but planner friends tell me that some are even higher than that. As fun and cool as they are, they definitely are out of my price range though(lol) However, they do offer perfect sizes to add or replace pages if needed. You know how much I love a bargain, so I'm thrilled that you found that deal for just $4! Hugs...RO Sure glad you're feeling much better these days too!

Rita said...

You could draw your own squares (or rectangles) or use the extra space for decoration or a gratitude list. I know you will think of something. You might end up liking it, you never know. ;)

pearshapedcrafting said...

These pages look just perfect for October and with those cute cats on the bottom what could be better for Bluebeard's birthday month! Your calendar pages are never 'puny' Elizabeth! Hugs, Chrisx

Cathy Kennedy said...

I use Internet resources to print off each calendar month to keep track of blogging activity but I hadn’t thought about decorating the pages. I keep a separate monthly calendar pages for every day life scheduling. Maybe I need to spice up both with more of a creative touch in the coming new year. Gee, I can’t believe 2019 is just around the corner. Thanks for visiting & have a good day!!

Jeanie said...

I can't believe you paid 4.00 for it in 2006. How much would it be now? LOTS more! It's good to be back and thanks for your visits while I was away and beyond. I don't know I can catch up with you, but I'll try, even if I don't comment on it all till I get back in the groove. Sure did miss your lovely work!