Sunday, October 14, 2018

Extended family

 I'm once again joining Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda who is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Creature Comforts.  When I originally saw the prompt, my thoughts immediately went to creatures, so that is what I focused on again today.  I apologize that I can't figure out why I can't get this font to enlarge.  Right now, it's set on "largest."

I first created the background, which included stamping hearts, then sewed the focal image in place.

It was obvious I already didn't have enough letters to create the sentiment, so I had to use some of the exteriors.  As I was drawing around the interior of the cut out letters, I became aware the focal image was upside down!  I couldn't remove the letters because some of the writing would have shown.  I realized I had gone to all this trouble and had nothing to show today

unless I just bit the bullet and admitted I'm a dufus at times.  Of course, I knew that image of love and acceptance simply had to be shown.

Here are the hearts I stamped on the page using green dye ink and Bleubeard's paw print using black ink.

The background was created using a faux bank card used to scrape green and gold metallic paints on the 110 lb white card stock substrate.  The thread was variegated and I used the only fancy stitch my old Singer has.

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.  I personally hope you will forgive my faux pas, because Bleubeard refuses to take any part in creating this latest AJJ entry.


24 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Well, it's certainly different today! Lovely image. Enjoy your Sunday, Valerie

craftytrog said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth, who cares if it's upside down! I love the wording and Bleubeard's paw print in the background!
Alison xx

aussie aNNie said...

Upside down, inside out who cares, love it..xxx

Sami said...

Nice horse pictures. Isn't frustrating when we have trouble when we write our posts?
Have a nice Sunday Elizabeth.

Caty said...

So wonderful Art journal page Elizabeth !! I love this sweet and tender photograph, animals are very special, and love the gorgeous background with these beautiful hearts and the unique and adorable paw print of Bleubeard !!
I wish you a very nice day, big hugs, Caty

Dortesjs said...

hello, and thanks for writing on my blog..Love you journal pages - do have a lovely day.

Rike said...

I love this photo of the Extended family! I once had a cat and a horse which too were like a family, because the cat used to sleep on the horse's back and the horse stood still as long as the cat was sleeping!
Your only singer stitch gives a nice frame for your picture, and the textured background with the stamping hearts and especially Bleubeard's paw prints is gorgeous!
Funny that you saw the focal image was upside down after you created the sentiment :)
Yes, that image of love HAD to be shown!
Wish you a happy Sunday!
Rike xx

Barbara said...

This is crazy, I can’t comment on most blogs but never have a problem here! Anyhow, wanted to say my machine is like yours, one fancier stitch, and I love it! No electronics to go wrong. Your animal homage is perfect, love them too!

Meggymay said...

I love, love this focal photo you used today on this journal page. It is a loving scene and good to see animal friendships. I had to smile at myself I didn't scroll down to the next photos or read what you said and was sitting a a very odd angle looking at the first picture.
I am so glad you chose to share this page.
Have a lovely day.
Yvonne xx

froebelsternchen said...

For me it looks like you have wanted it being in this upside down way! A beautiful image and a wonderful background with Bleubeards pawprint! Yes horses are such peaceful animals!
Happy Sunday dear Elizabeth!
Big hugs and lots of LOVE from
Susi

RO said...

I think those horses look fabulous and you put a lot of work into this. Being upside down makes it unique and fabulous! I remember riding a horse exactly one time a few years ago, and it was an adventure(lol) Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

I agree with Annie. Inside out, upside down. Still a great page and doesn't matter.

Divers and Sundry said...

And here I was thinking the lettering was upside down as a deliberate illustration of extending family! Sometimes if you don't tell people it was a mistake it turns out not to be a mistake after all ;)

Cindy McMath said...

This is a fabulous page. If you had told me you put the letters upside down on purpose I’d have believed you! I love the image you’ve used, all the different letters, and your wonderful stitching!

Linda Kunsman said...

I think we all have an upside down day on occasion:):) I love your page- the sweet image, the sewing, and Bleubeard's print!

Lowcarb team member said...

Well, I just love it … big smiles from me :)

All the best Jan

kathyinozarks said...

I really like this latest piece of art-Happy Sunday

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's one of my favourite things scraping paint onto backgrounds, amazing how the little things in life can be so therapeutic!! Beautiful horse pic with the wee cat, our love for animals really is a comforting thought.
Thanks for sharing Elizabeth.
Hugs Tracey xx

My name is Erika. said...

I love this animal family. It goes to show that animals can do some things that some people can't do, that is connect with those that are different. This is a super page and I just love the photo you used. What gorgeous animals they all are. Hope it was a super weekend. hugs-Erika

Rita said...

LOL! I just thought you had some reason for it to be upside down. :)

Sandra Cox said...

The horse/horses and cat warm my heart. Purr-fect.

Heike`sAugenBlick said...

Hello my dear wishing you a lovely new week... what a beautiful and cute photo !! Oh I love it !! and your stitching is a perfect finishing touch.. well done.. xoxo Heike

Jackie PN said...

Love your background and your image is beautiful!
You have nice looking relatives!! heehee!
Jackie xo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Even if it's upside down (it could have been inside out or back to front!) it is such a beautiful page that it really doesn't change that wonderful image and those words that are so apt! Hugs,Chrisxx