Saturday, October 13, 2018

Autumn is calling


Linda of heARTfully inspired by Linda is hosting Art Journal Journey this month with her theme Creature Comforts.  She suggested we could use warm colors, so that is what I did.  I also came up with a sentiment that clearly shows how I feel about this season, and that makes me feel comfortable.

One of the things I love about autumn is falling leaves.

Although my handwriting is hard to read, 

Leaves are falling.
Autumn is calling.

As much as I love autumn, I cringe every time someone calls this beautiful season "fall."

I guess it's the British in me coming out.


For this page, I began with an old calendar page, to which I added falling leaves of different colors, and the sentiment I hand wrote using a gel pen on some of my orange painted paper. 

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to join us today and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful piece. Autumn is indeed a beautiful season, I enjoy scrunching through the fallen leaves every time I go for a walk outside. Have a great weekend, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Sorry Elizabeth but I LOVE this season hee hee!! The colours it blesses us with in the UK seems to be Natures way of cheering us up. Today is a very wet and windy (stormy) day but seeing the different coloured leaves blowing around is inspiration in itself.
A fabulous image adorned with those leaves, such a relaxing piece of art.
Wishing you a fabulous weekend Tracey xx
P.S is it ok to put the AJJ image on my blog side bar..? Keep forgetting to ask :D

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page Elizabeth - especially the way you draw us in with your leaves! We had a wet car journey up into the hills with friends yesterday but the views of waterfalls and beautiful trees were still so beautiful! Hugs,Chrisx

froebelsternchen said...

A fantastic use of a calendar page and with the perfect fitting additions! I am with you about the term FALL!
Fall sounds not as good as autumn and the amazing Indian Summer we currently experience can't be called FALL -lol !

Happy Saturday my friend and Co.- Admin!
A wonderful entry for Creature Comfort!
Thank you!

Big hugs and lots of love from
Susi

kathyinozarks said...

I love your quote-usually by the end of October or early November I am mesmerized when I watch all the leaves come down here in the woods-raining leaves it is so beautiful to watch

Barbara said...

Ah, autumn(!) and warm (not hot, humid) colors. Lovely!

My name is Erika. said...

thi scene looks like it could be New Hampshire-up in the mountains. It's so beautiful! I love the addition of the leaves too. I'm with you-autumn is a gorgeous time of year. Too bad (at least here in NH) it is so short a season, but maybe that's what makes it even sweeter. Have a wonderful day. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Red and yellow Autumn leaves are falling all over my yard. You're most welcome to come and rake them up. =^,.^=

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Thank YOU Elizabeth.. Tis done :))

Divers and Sundry said...

Your lovely picture may be as close to fall (I mean Autumn...) color as I get this year lol so Thx! I love the changing of seasons, but we're just not getting color this year -so far, anyway.

Caty said...

This is wonderful page Elizabeth !! Lovely calendar picture, I love the fallen leaves and your handwriting is fabulous. For me this is a good season, here our winter is "soft" with nice temperatures, around 15 º C, and not very cold as you se. I prefer winter than summer in fact.
I wish you a very nice weekend, big hugs, Caty

Barbara said...

Thx for commenting on my blog, and of course you may add mine to your sidebar. Now I feel badly I didn’t ask you before adding yours. Bad blog buddy!

Cindy McMath said...

Very pretty page Elizabeth! And very green (reduce, reuse, recycle sense!).

Meggymay said...

Its a beautiful page Elizabeth and the lovely quote is wonderful.
I've never ever thought of autumn as fall, big grin, maybe thats because I live in the UK.
Yvonne xx

Linda Kunsman said...

Oh Elizabeth this is so lovely, and how I'd love to be standing near that waterfall listening to the water and rustling trees around me. Fab AJJ entry!

Rita said...

Great page! My favorite time of year and I don't care if people call it autumn or fall--love it. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful post, I love autumn but no season stays long enough where I am they all seem to be on a stable line of thought...hugs

craftytrog said...

It's a wonderful page Elizabeth! Autumn truly is the most beautiful season!
Alison xx

Lowcarb team member said...

"Leaves are falling.
Autumn is calling."

I just love those words, and your art-page today.

We've had a lot of rain today, so I decided not to go out and get wet.
However, whilst looking out of the window, I did spot a squirrel tucking into a red berry … he looked so cute :)

All the best Jan

Jackie PN said...

How absolutely beautiful! Autumn splendor...
Jackie xo