Sunday, September 16, 2018

Squiggles' Dream


Today I'm here with another Art Journal Journey spread meant for Yvonne from Meggy's Way's theme which is A World of Fantasy.
 
Last month was all about Bleubeard when he helped host Art Journal Journey.  June and July were all about Bleubeard and me making ICADs.  Although Squiggles is not jealous, per se, he IS needy.  That's why today we focus on Squiggles and his delusional dream.


"Squiggles delusional

dream after

sniffing catnip."

Squiggles in action.



This is what happened after sniffing catnip.


This 8.5 X 11 inch page was created using 110 lb card stock.   I first laid down a stencil and colored it using three ink pads.  Once those were in place, I grabbed several stamps and began stamping in the areas I left plain.  Some of you will note, I added washi tape that covered the stencil Eileen sent me to celebrate our Anniversary T.  More stamping ensued, then I took a photo of Squiggles and printed it to add to the page.  Finally, I colored the sentiment first with the stencil, then used my shimmering mists and watercolor crayons, and finally I added the words to the page.  Most of those stamps had never been used before, so I was happy that I had a chance to use them.

My sidekick Bleubeard and I are delighted you chose to join us today to honor Squiggles, and hope to also see you at Art Journal Journey.

21 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a fun page, Squiggles must have had a great time with his catnip! Enjoy your day, Valerie

Dortesjs said...

beautiful, and the kids make a beautiful focus

chrissie said...

A fantastic page with so much to look at and admire Elizabeth. Just doing a catch-up and lots of great work to see here

Such awful weather in parts of the US so thinking of all there

Thank you for your comment on Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie xx

aussie aNNie said...

Brilliant fantastic fantasy project, love this.xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Amazing page! I love the stencils and stamps that you used to create Squiggles dream 😀. The brightly coloured washi tape is perfect too! Happy weekend! J 😊 x

froebelsternchen said...

What a wonderful page - Squiggles catnips seem to be unique! I love all the lovely details - so beautiful Elizabeth!Another perfect entry linked to Yvonne's theme ! Thank you very much! Happy Sunday ! Big hugs, Susi

Meggymay said...

Oh Elizabeth I am loving seeing this page and how it is featuring Squiggles.
Cats are lovely to watch when they are sleeping and they seem to twitch their noses and move their limbs making you wonder about the dreams.
Now seeing this fabulous page you created for the Fantasy theme, I have an insight to the effects of Catnip [ I am grinning at this thought] .
I hope Squiggles and Bleubeard always have happy dreams.
Hope you have a good Sunday.
Yvonne xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

A harlequin stencil always adds impact, love that pop of colour from the bright strip. Looks like squiggles dream was a good one, probably dreaming of his time to shine at AJJ hee hee!!
Happy Sunday Hugs Tracey xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Love all the colors and textures. One sniff makes him larger. One sniff makes him tall. And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all. Go ask Squiggles when he's ten feet tall. (Parody of White Rabbit by Jefferson Airplane) Ink wasn't attracted to catnip.

My name is Erika. said...

This is amazing. I love this page!!!! I love the idea of a cat's delusional dream. :) This is a nice way to honor Squiggles for sure. happy Sunday! Hugs-Erika

Sami said...

A lovely page to honour Squiggles.
Have a lovely Sunday Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

Looks like Squiggles knows how to party! Perhaps it's not delusional so much as ambitious ;) Squiggles has plans to dominate the internet, I'm sure, and we'd all be willing followers :)

Sandra Cox said...

Squiggles sniffing catnip. Ha!
This was a great piece.
Thanks for your concern. So far we're okay. Flash flood watch and wind alert. Could be worse:)

Anonymous said...

Very cute idea. Is he still wandering around the house delusional? xox

Halle said...

Squiggles definitely had one crazy dream. Too much catnip, clearly. :)

Rita said...

So funny! Annie loves catnip even more than Karma did. She probably has crazy dreams, too--LOL! ;)

Caty said...

Wualaaaaa, Squiggles mayo be very happy today !! ♥ that´s a wonderful page Elizabeth !! The stamps are very beautiful, as the stencils too, and the funny washi tape!! so cute quote !! Love all !!
i wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugs, Caty

Jackie PNeal said...

Hahaaa I can see Squiggles in my mind's eye enjoy his dream land after his catnip! how fun! heeheee
A great fantasy page for sure!
Jackie xo

Mia said...

Fun and great page, Elizabeth!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you for the inspiration, my friend.

Jeanie said...

I'd love to hang out inside your head sometime when you are coming up with something like this. It's a great page and a wonderful idea but how on earth did you even think of it? I wonder what they do dream... well, if Lizzie's are as colorful as Squiggles', no wonder she sleeps all the time!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Lucky Squiggle to have such a dream! Love this fun page! Hugs, Chrisx