Sunday, September 30, 2018

Fantasy Flowers and monthly calendar


This is the final day for Yvonne from Meggy's Way with her theme A World of Fantasy. Of course, we know she is our host at Art Journal Journey this month.  And a great host she has been, too.  Susi and I are both grateful for all she has done to make this a fantastic fantasy month.

These are my fantasy flowers.

Here are a few close-ups.






I began this spread with a background of shaving cream paper.  To it I added the bird and the two flowers I cut by hand.  The bird was first colored using a bingo dabber to color a sheet of printer/copier paper.  I did the same with its punched crown, but used a chalk pen to create its legs.  The flowers and stems were created the same way as the bird, also using bingo dabbers.  The two centers were sprayed with my handmade shimmering mists, and one flower was stamped.  I couldn't get my white pen to work, so I used some very old correction fluid to create the shadow line on the large flower stem and the dots on the outermost parts of the two flowers, as well as the bird's eye.  I used a blue ink pen to create the left shadow on the large stem and a black pen to create the arrow.

Since it's the end of the month, this is really the only time I'll have to share my puny monthly calendar.

Today's entry will be filled in at the end of the day.  Feel free to enlarge and see how totally boring my life is.  BTW, if YOU live in the U.S., our current season is AUTUMN, not FALL.

October is ready to write in.  For all you cat lovers out there, don't forget the 18th is global cat day and October 28 is Bleubeard's birthday!  Thanks so much for checking out my calendar pages.  This is the only place you will ever see them.

Bleubeard and I are also simply thrilled you chose to spend time with us today and hope to see you at Art Journal Journey.  We can't thank you enough for your visit.  It means a lot to both of us.  We also want to thank Yvonne for all the hard work she has put in being such a gracious host and fabulous mixed media and digital artist this month.  Thank you, dear Yvonne.
 

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful journal page, what a fun bird. Glad you are still having fun with your calendar. Valerie

chrissie said...

A wonderful page and I am imagining a garden filled with your wonderful fantasy flowers.

I didn't know there was Global Cat Day must tell daughter Linda about that.

The calendar page is wonderful as always and the fact that you keep filling the days in always amazes me.

Enjoy your day

Thank you for commenting at Jumbled Crafts

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

my calendar would be equally boring... work, work, Kew, work work Kew etc... no I am doing nothing today.. watching the Ryder Cup on tv.
the fantasy month has gone so fast! I never personally enjoyed the shaving foam technique, but love your background and your bird!

Meggymay said...

I absolutely love the purple bird and the fantasy flowers Elizabeth, it is another fabulous page that you have created for my theme choice this past month.
I only ever tried the shaving foam technique once and vowed never again , I got into such a mess and the results weren't usable in any way.

I have enjoyed every day at Art Journal Journey and thank yourself and Susi, of course I won't forget Bleubeard , for having me there as your September guest.
You have had a busy month your calendar shows how you have filled each day and is personal to you, I'm sure you will be having a busy October as well.
Have a good rest of the weekend Elizabeth.
Yvonne xx

sheila 77 said...

Oh this is super duper, Elizabeth. Love these fantasy flowers with all their colourful layers, wouldn't they look good in the garden just now. Of course Princess Bird is the star and her striped stockings are just right and I want a pair just like that. And I am left wondering - what is the significance of the arrow? It's a mystery.
Have a great October, Elizabeth and Bleubeard and Squiggles. (I'm not sure Sqiggles reads your blog but maybe you could pass the message on).
Love, Sheila

aussie aNNie said...

Just loving this post, it's colourful, interesting and so inspirational...big hugs.

CJ Kennedy said...

The fantasy page made me smile. I love the bird with his crown and his stripey legs. Another busy month. I didn't know about global cat day so will mark it on my calendar. Thank you.

RO said...

Nothing wrong with focusing on the joys of coffee as we approach October.(lol) I love the colorful fantasy flowers, and love to see more shaving cream. Again, I just think that's the coolest thing! Happy Sunday! RO

My name is Erika. said...

You've had a busy art filled month. I am jealous of all the art time you've had. ANd I do love your latest art journal page. Those are cool fantasy flowers and remind me of summer. You can never go wrong with flowers. Today I am in the slow low key mod after my work yesterday so maybe I'll get a long afternoon of art. Happy Sunday. Hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

I love this fantasy garden, and oh! that bird! King Bird can reign forever as far as I'm concerned :)

froebelsternchen said...

I am in awe of the fantastic flowers and happy crowned bird on this fabulous shaving cream paper background!
What a finale for Yvonne's theme! You were fantastic this month again! WOW! And I was thrilled about Yvonne - she was terrific with all her wonderful inspiration!

You were quite busy this month as I see!
I wish you a happy start of a wonderful October dear Co.-Admin!
Big hugs,
Susi

Rita said...

Cute fun page and you're all set for October! :)

Cindy McMath said...

What a fun page! I love the bird and the flowers! And I always enjoy seeing your calendar pages.

Jackie PN said...

I do believe coffee and October go together really well!
Great flowers and bird!
Jackie ")