Saturday, August 11, 2018

Trust


As you may know by now, Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme is Count your blessings.

Trust is something we must give and win.  We must put our trust in others

so they will learn to trust us.

It isn't enough to say "I trust you," you have to show it, too.

I am truly blessed that I have friends

I trust and would do just about anything for (short of breaking the law).

These same friends know I would come through for them in a pinch

and they would do the same for me.


For this page, I started with a used file folder that already had a bit of my handmade shimmering mists on it.  To it, I added the fancy fiber I had trouble keeping straight as I sewed it to the background. Once complete, I added the lovely lavender skeleton leaves my friend Kaybee sent me.  I used an entire package and could have used a couple more.  However, I was so thankful for the ones she sent.  Finally, I added some die cut letters, one of which was made using leather.

Bleubeard, my handsome co-host and I are thrilled you joined us today as we have been blessed with trust we give and receive which we are sharing at Art Journal Journey.  Hope to see you there, too. 

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Great page, love the leaves. Enjoy your weekend, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

The leaves look fabulous. Had some of those somewhere?? Thanks for liking my sunflower, just for you.x

CJ Kennedy said...

Wonderful page. I like the skeleton leaves. They go well with your word. You really have to be transparent to have someone trust you. Have a good day

Caty said...

This Art page is really wonderful Elizabeth !! love the so lovely background with yur handmad shimmering mists, it looks fantastique !! Love the colours and the skeleton leaves, it feels mystic!.the letters are very beautiful. Love this!!!
I wish you a very happy day, very hot here, big hugss
Caty

Caty said...

Ohh, I have forgotten to say that I also think that trust is very important, trust and respect are the base of any relation between two personns, very good word.
xoxo

Divers and Sundry said...

Trust is necessary to a relationship. I like how you highlight the word. I tried to outline an ATC with fiber once, but I never could get it to look right. If I try it again, I'll use your sewing idea :)

froebelsternchen said...

This is simply WONDERFUL Elizabeth! From the wonderful background to the fancy fiber to the fabulous skelteon leaves and the lesther die cut letters- all is simply wonderful together and the thoughts to the page are precious!
I am thrilled about this page my friend!
Gorgeous!
You really rock Dr.E.!

I am a bit late today, sorry- had so much fun today with my girldfriend - from time to time a girl has to spend time with girlfriends for a good chatting!

Much love

Susi

Meggymay said...

This looks awesome. I love the skeleton leaves against the soft colour inky background.
Your chosen word of Trust and the sentiments you added for its meaning to yourself, is something I can relate to as well.
Yvonne xx

Little Artbee said...

Wonderful, I love the fragile leaves and the soft colors you used.
Hugs
Sabine

My name is Erika. said...

Trust is a true blessing for sure. As we all know some people who would just as sure stab you in the back, and just thinking of times that had happened to me makes me angry. Reaching the trust point is indeed a big deal. You seem to have many friends so you are a lucky and blessed lady indeed. Nice page. those skeleton leaves really give some lovely texture to your page. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Those are the best friends. And--true--you have to be one to have one. :)

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

It's a warming feeling when we have trust, it gives security and helps us process situations so much easier. It's a good feeling to know there are people like your self around Elizabeth wouldn't it be an easier world to live in if we could put our trust in everyone. Love how you have used the red to put a border around a select amount of leaves, great play on the word.
Wishing you a super Sunday Tracey x

craftytrog said...

I love the fibre frame and leaves Elizabeth! It's a great page! Good friends you can trust are a real blessing.
Alison xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Love this and especially how you did the words.
Trustworthy friends/people are a wonderful blessing :)
Gill x

Let's Art Journal said...

Beautiful and the skeleton leaves look so pretty! It is indeed a blessing to have trust and friendship as you describe 😁. Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

Cindy McMath said...

A lovely page Elizabeth. Beautiful background with the leaves and mists.

Jeanie said...

Love this one, Elizabeth -- the colors, the texture of the leaves and most of all, your words about friendship. Your friends are lucky to have you in their corner.

Jackie PNeal said...

Beautiful page with those leaves! And I just love your theme- Trust!
hugs,Jackie xx