Sunday, August 19, 2018

Barcelona


I am so blessed that I can travel, whether it's across town, across country, or across borders.

For this entry I created for Art Journal Journey, where my theme is count your blessings, I am an armchair traveler,

but it's still travel and still a blessing.

Today I'm headed to

Barcelona,

which is in Spain.

You might say that Barcelona is famous because of Antoni Gaudí.

There are signs of his art everywhere, from the famous multicolored tile work in Güell Park

to his famous giant basilica known as La Sagrada Familia.

I began this page by laying down my handmade shimmering mist.  I then stamped randomly on the page, and covered most of the stamping when I added the three Gaudí pieces I found in three different travel magazines.  I cut them using my deckle scissors.  I found and added some colorful photo corners but only had two of each design.  Because I thought it still needed something, I added a piece of washi tape.

Bleubeard, my adventurous co-host and I are delighted you stopped by and invite you to join us at Art Journal Journey where my theme this month is Count your blessings.

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Lovely page, Barcelona is indeed a beautiful city and well worth a visit. Have a fun day, Valerie

chrissie said...

A great journal page as are all your pages with their different ideas and reason for making them.

I have been to Barcelona and seen this bulding close up though it wasn't finished at the time and reputedly never would be. Lots more amazing things to be seen in Barcelona though I am sure it will have changed by now as it 25 years since I went there.

Have a great day Elizabeth

Love Chrissie xx

Helen said...

I've been to Barcelona but only on a very brief visit so didn't get to see as much of the beautiful architecture I wanted to; it is somewhere I long to re-visit.

kathyinozarks said...

Great page i am mostly an armchair traveler too-fun
Happy sunday

aussie aNNie said...

Wow, I think it looks a beautiful place, mind you not ventured out of Australia much....one day...x

froebelsternchen said...

I am an armchair traveler since a few years as well and guess what? I never learned so much by travelling in reality than by travelling through documentaries or photos and books.
Barcelona would be worth a trip but you brought me to this lovely city today before I have to start cooking our lunch now - that is much better than I would have to do packing, prepairing a trip, having an exhausting flight and spending a lot of money!
So how blessed I am with you my friend today?!
You brought me a Sunday morning trip to Barcelona!
A fantastic page Elizabeth!
Happy Sunday!
Hugs, Susi

Caty said...

Woww Elizabeth .. what a so fantastique Art journal page about Barcelona !!! This background is really gorgeous with your lovely handmade shimmering mist and the stamps. Spectacular result! I love it !! Congratulations !!
I have been several times in Barcelona and its surroundings, and it is a very interesting city to visit. The Sagrada Familia is impressive, as well as the Park Güell, Casa Batlló, Las Ramblas (where unfortunately there was a terrorist attack a year ago), La Pedrera, La Barceloneta, the museums .... The statue of Cristobal Colón .. .. so many places to get lost and enjoy!
The truth is that I also like to travel from the armchair of my house, there is so much to discover!
I wish you a very happy day, big hugss, Caty

Barbara said...

I love “armchair traveling”! Home is my favorite place. The basilica image and your entire page provide a sense of presence.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful page, and yes, travel is a great blessing Elizabeth!
Alison xxx

CJ Kennedy said...

I've never been to Barcelona. So I'm very happy to take a virtual trip via your lovely page.

Cindy McMath said...

One of my favourite weekend trips from my time in London. The Gaudi architecture is amazing. You have definitely highlighted two of his most famous works. There are many other sights to see there - two of my favourites were the Jean Miro museum, and the maritime museum. A lovely page!

Let's Art Journal said...

Wonderful page and I so enjoyed visiting Barcelona with you! I have visited this city and it is indeed a beautiful place 😁. Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

Divers and Sundry said...

I appreciate people sharing their photos and travels so I can have these experiences virtually. Barcelona would be a wonderful place to experience, either in person or vicariously :)

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful page,the place looks amazing.

Meggymay said...

Oh, I will pull up a chair and visit this city with you Elizabeth. I have never been there or Spain for that matter and it does look lovely.
A fabulous page and great images.
Yvonne xx

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I love Barcelona -- and Spain. Been twice and can't wait to go back. This reminded me of my time there. Very fun to re-visit. Thanks.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Oh Elizabeth this is spooky as I was only talking about Barcelona an hour ago. Friends spent their Honeymoon there 24 years ago and was asking if they would return for their 25th.. Fabulous city makes for a fabulous page and with the internet we can explore anywhere in the world we wish to..
Have a super week & Thanks for hosting Hugs Tracey xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love these colours Elizabeth and you won't be surprised when I say that Barcelona is on our list of places we would like to visit! I love reading articles in travel magazines and seeing programmes on TV - there are so many beautiful places in the World! Have a great week! Hugs, Chrisx

My name is Erika. said...

Armchair traveling is a great thing. I have been hooked on a netflix travel show and am watching it now as I write this. barcelona is a great place to armchair travel to. I like your page a lot. I especially like the compass. Nice addition. Have a great start to the new week. Hugs-Erika

Mia said...

Great page, Elizabeth. I love this beautiful town. Kisses, my friend.

Jeanie said...

Isn't armchair travel wonderful? Whether it is Rick Steves or your own art board, you bring your own passion to the page.

Jackie PNeal said...

Fab page! I do think the washi was an excellent choice of element to add in!
Wow that basilica is magnificent! I hear Spain is a lovely country to visit! Maybe someday, but for now I travel vicariously with you!
Jackie xx