Monday, August 20, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: Week 33 and more


Here are my collages for Week 33.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are Week 32's cards.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).


Star crossed lovers


Going green


I can't get this out of my head


Time out


Is this really love?


Only the bird knows for sure


Possibly?


Thank you so much for spending time with me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

I'm also sure you've noticed by now that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme is count your blessings.  Today Bleubeard chose this tale, which came from his crazy, silly mind.


This sweet  little boy lives in the woods.  To honor his birth,

his parents planted a seedling.  Now they are growing up together.


Soon the tree will be taller than the sweet little boy.


For this page, I began with an image I found and attached it to 110 lb card stock.  I had planned to fussy cut the gorgeous cardinal, but realized my detail scissors are no longer sharp and were not up to the task. I sewed the computer generated text to the page and found a paper doll about the same size as the tree.  

The little boy is truly blessed that his parents honored him with this tree that will hopefully grow and possibly even contribute new growth in the future.   

Bleubeard and I are thrilled you chose to spend part of your day with us, where we shared my weekly 365 art and a page I created for Art Journal Journey, where my theme is count your blessings.   Hope we see you there, too.

20 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful collages, the first one is my fave this time. Lovely journal page, too. Have a great week, Valerie

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous, love the one of the forest but they are all artistic.

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Especially loving the top monochrome, so effective with it's lettering.
Your journal page made me smile with the quote, I think he is not so happy that the tree has now became taller hee hee!!
Have a super Monday Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous collages this week again ELizabeth and the journal page is wonderful! You are such an artistic soul!!
Happy new week and happy start of the last 11 days of COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS!
Big hugs, Susi

CJ Kennedy said...

Fantastic collages. I always enjoy the titles you choose.Your count your blessing page is just wonderful. I love how the figures stand out clearly from the birch trees especially that cardinal.

My name is Erika. said...

I always love your collages. That last one came out amazing. ANd what a clever page for AJJ. I really like it. I love seeing what different people's creativity brings. You have outdone yourself in today's post my friend. Happy Monday. Hugs-Erika

Barbara said...

So special! I particularly love the last one, it evokes emotion, always something I latch onto. The birch trees are the perfect surround for the boy and his evergreen tree. They do seem to grow at the same rate as people, then they keep growing when people stop. Lol. Oh, Hershey’s Krackle wrapper is always my first choice at the candy display! 😄

Sandra Cox said...

As always, these are grand, dear Elizabeth.
What a lovely idea to plant a tree when your child is born. Though, if we had done this with ours the trees would be in two different states than where we live now:)

Sami said...

I like the idea of the boy and the tree growing up together.
Nice collages Elizabeth.

Caty said...

OOhh your collages are absolutely wonderful Elizabeth !! I love all of them, original and very interesting !! Uniques !! but your Art journal page is .. woowwww .... so gorgeous !! Bleubeard did a fabulous election!! Love the little boy and the tree! Great idea !
I wish you a very nice afternoon, big hugss, Caty

Harlynn said...

Dream with envy..🤔
I'm not quite sure I get that. Itsny one supposed to not envy? I'm intrigued now....what does that mean?
I love the "OK", by far favorite. I have no idea why particularly. It's an eye caycher. I dig the way you're creating that book, Holy craft!!
I'd love to join in on this, but will have to read the details. Which I'm doing once I end this comment with a friendly note complimenting your art themed blog.

Meggymay said...

Wonderful collage pieces, I liked the first one you named 'star crossed lover' and the four leaf clover.
I love Bleubeard's blessing selection today. I am sure he will treasure the blessing his parents bestowed on him as he grow to be a fine adult. It is a fabulous page.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

My favorites today are "Star crossed lovers" and "Possibly?" Planting a tree is always an investment in the future. Inspiring!

pearshapedcrafting said...

I loved your collages - I shall be going to bed now with Four Leafed Clover going around my head - a good lullaby!!! Your journal page is amazing - clever to add those words...and Oh the sewing again....sigh!!! Hugs, Chrisx

Cindy McMath said...

Wonderful collages again this week Elizabeth, and such clever titles as always. I really love Star Crosses Lovers. And your gorgeous journal page is just lovely. The sweet little boy, the cardinal, and the tree that is growing up with the boy - such a lovely concept and beautiful execution with your stitching.

sheila 77 said...

Ah, your collages, Elizabeth, they are something else.
"Star crossed lovers" - haha! very good.
"Only the bird knows for sure" - this is very deep, I'll be thinking of this tonight.
"Possibly?" - a conundrum indeed.
How on earth do you think of these titles? Collage first then title?
title first then collage, a bit of both? I'm going for collage first then title, am I right?
The collages are all marvellous. My favourite is "Only the bird....".

Now I'm so glad I didn't miss this because Bleubeard has finally done some artwork (or maybe just storywork, although I would hope he would have helped you with the art just a little). This is terrific and congratulations to both of you. I love the white forest, the red cardinal and the "interesting" looking boy. And of course the story from Bleubeard's highly intelligent and fascinating mind.

craftytrog said...

Another wonderful set of collages. 'Possibly' is my favourite this week. And, your page made me smile! I love the expression on the little lad's face.
Alison xxx

Lowcarb team member said...

You always get some good ideas to share, I love seeing them.
Nice collages here.

Isn't that nice … the boy and the tree growing up together.

All the best Jan

Isobe Ltin said...

I will be by to see what you are making.
meet and greet at Heathrow

Jackie PNeal said...

Elizabeth, the first collages are my favs today!
And your sweet boy in the woods? Well I just love this one to pieces- excellent! Both the collage and wording!
Jackie xx