Monday, August 13, 2018

365 Day Art Challenge: Week 32 and more


Here are my collages for Week 32.  This 365 something project was created in part and hosted by Hanna at i Hanna.

In case you missed them, here are Week 31's cards.  As I'm sure you know by now, I post every Monday morning for the previous week.  All my collages are 4" X 4" (10,16 cm X 10,16 cm).

This week I concentrated on water soluble crayons and water coloring pencils.  No collages this week, but scanning and cropping them was difficult because every one buckled and refused to lie flat.

Circling the drain


Lava


Searching for shade

Bird's view of flowering fields

Tried and true

Waterfall


Patchwork orange
Thank you so much for spending time with me today.  If you are playing in Hanna's 365 Something project, please let me know and I will be by to see what you are making.  Please let me know if you like any of these.  As always, I am extremely grateful for your continued support of this project and my art.

I'm sure you've noticed by now that Bleubeard and I are hosting Art Journal Journey this month.  My theme is count your blessings.



I cannot begin to tell you how blessed I am to be free. 

I am free to speak my mind, voice my opinions, and think for myself.  I am free from oppression, confinement,

and have the ability to come and go as I see fit without constraint.

Freedom comes at a cost to many, especially those who live in third-world countries.  Those of us who enjoy it would be hard pressed to give it up.

Although freedom means something a bit different to many, I am just thankful for mine.

I started by laying down a 6 inch square (15,24 square centimeter) gifted paisley print paper (thanks RO) over which I placed a length of glittery cloth ribbon and two die cut birds.  I found a gifted birdcage and cut a brown paper doily in half for the cage to sit on.  Finally I added the word "Freedom" and several dots using a red metallic gel pen.

Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us today and hope you will also join us at Art Journal Journey where my theme is count your blessings

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful collages with imaginative titles. Have a great week, Valerie

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Love the use of those colours Elizabeth, I really admire your participation in the 365 challenge.. so inspiring. Wishing you a wonderful week.
Creative Hugs Tracey xx

froebelsternchen said...

I can tell you that you used the best color combinations for summer on those little "instead of collages" paintings! And your titles are always stunning and inventive - I enjoy this 365 something project pieces here each week! This cards just make me happy today again! And I am thrilled about your thoughts about freedom to this wonderful and really pretty made collage page for your AJJ theme. All the details and colors fit so well. It looks fresh and aestival. And I ove how you have uncaged the lovely birds! I am sooo happy about my freedom as well. I can't tell how much I appreciated that each single day is just mine. That is the best freedom I can think of. And that my whole lifetime yet I was so blessed with peace and freedom. I often think of the generations before us ... they had to go through so much...
we are really blessen nowadays.
I wished all humans and all animals could enjoy peace on earth and would have enough to eat and could live a good and simple life ...
it would be paradise here on earth, but unfortunately some people don't get enough ..... so sad!

You are an amazing host Dr.E.!
You make me happy with your theme and I enjoy all the thoughts you put to your work always! THANK YOU!

Happy new week!
Hugs, Susi

craftytrog said...

Wonderful 'Somethings' this week Elizabeth! I love the colours, and the fab titles you gave them.
Your page is beautiful too! Freedom is a great blessing that shouldn't be taken for granted ever!
Alison xx

Gibby Frogett said...

Great collage - love the colours. The titles were fabulous and made me smile.
A really beautiful inspiring 'Freedom' page - most definitely a blessing to be grateful for :)
Wishing you a wonderful week..
Gill x

CJ Kennedy said...

For buckled papers you could try ironing them from the back to help flatten them out. I love working with water color pencils. All the fun of watercolors with more control than a brush (at least for me). Your freedom page is a wonderful reminder of something we take for granted.

RO said...

Wow Elizabeth! You did those first pics with crayons and pencils? Amazing and so creative. I like what you did with the Freedom page and the colors work out so well. I agree, FREEDOM is something not to be taken lightly. I think of all the women in the world who still today cannot read a book, a street sign or a menu. I'm grateful that I'm able to visit the library, read a blog or speak my mind without fear of physical violence. Thanks for the reminder. Hugs and Happy Monday ...RO

Cindy McMath said...

Oh your 365 somethings are lovely this week. I am enjoying seeing what you do with the watercolour crayons. You are really mastering them! I love the clever names as always - circling the drain is my favourite title. My favourite pieces are the ones where you’ve put in the strip of dark and it gives the piece the feeling of a ‘crack’ and adds dimension. And a very pretty Freedom page too. I think I caught up on your posts. It’s been a busy weekend!

My name is Erika. said...

Sometimes coloring and doing nothing else is so much fun. You made some great colored pieces. If I sit and color a page that is all I want to do so I keep my coloring until I finish the rest of my days art projects. And freedom is a blessing we certainly take for granted. NIce choice of a bird cage for that piece. It came out super! This is a great theme this month. I have a bunch of half done pages I hope I can finish up later today as I feel like I have been out of art for a few days now. Happy new week. hugs-Erika

Divers and Sundry said...

Great colors! They would make a wonderful piece all arranged together, I think. To me, they seem to belong together :)

Birgit said...

The warm colours of summer that you used for your backgrounds just shows how many styles one can create with the crayons and pencils. Your "freedom" page made me think of my mom who valued freedom more than anyone I know. She also loved birds and my favourite colour is blue. My mom endured the hardship under Hitler and then the oppression under the Soviets before she escaped to the West (Germany) so she did all she could to fight for freedom and instill in the youth the reason why Freedom is so important and should never be taken for granted. The value of voting is not taken seriously enough and many don't realize how hard it is to keep ones freedom. Sorry...I went off on a tangent

Darla said...

Hello!!! I really like the color combo you used for these. It was hard to choose but I think my favorite is patchwork orange. Those black lines are placed perfectly - they draw the eye into the center of the painting. Really nice! And nice to be back visiting too.

Meggymay said...

Fabulous collage pieces, I loved your descriptions, my favourite was the birds eye view of flowering fields.
Freedom is a blessing we could easily
take for granted, but when so many have given their lives for us to have ours, it should never be forgotten.
So many people suffer even today so yes, I have to agree that this blessing is very precious to me as well.
It is a fabulous page Elizabeth.
Yvonne xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

I am so loving your experiments with the water soluble crayons and pencils, great abstract backgrounds. Wishing you a lovely arty week and big hugs, Angela xXx

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous experimental post. You sure have fun which shows in your post...hugs.

Nancy said...

Watercolor crayons and pencils are a great invention, aren't they? Fun.

Jeanie said...

Your watercolor crayon pieces blow me away with their energy and color. That's a wonderful media for you and you do it so well!

Jackie PNeal said...

Wow What a beautiful ,colorful post! It makes me happy just looking at your experiments!
hugs,Jackie