Sunday, July 22, 2018

How does your garden grow


I love CJ's weekly garden updates.  I never think to take photos of my gardens because they are in such bad shape this year.  However, the other day I had my camera out photographing some art, when I decided to sit on my front porch. 

I decided to take a photo of the last of my roses.  I was just thrilled that my rosebush lived.

Out of a corner of my viewfinder, I was surprised to see these two finding food among the weeds in my "flower bed."

I suspect CJ would give them names, but I was just happy to snap photos of their visit.

Enjoy!





It was as if the spotlight fell on this one. 

Thanks so much for visiting my puny garden today.  If it hadn't been for these darling birds, I wouldn't have had a post.  So glad you stopped for a few minutes to join me.  It makes my day.

18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful photos, thanks for sharing. Valerie

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Your garden looks lovely, and the birds seem to be enjoying it.

RO said...

I really enjoy how your garden looks, and it's great to see the birds peeking in. Hugs and Happy Sunday! RO

froebelsternchen said...

These birds enjoy your lovely garden dear Elizabeth! That's for sure! Happy Sunday! Hugs, Susi

craftytrog said...

Our garden isn't very tidy Elizabeth, but I still love it, and love to sit and watch the birds hopping around, and having a drink from our birdbath.
Great photos of those cute sparrows.
Happy Sunday,
Alison xxx

Sami said...

Two lovely visitors to your garden. I also enjoy the birds visiting my garden.

Meggymay said...

Its just amazing what we can see if we sit a while and just look. The photos are lovely and the birds seem very happy to visit.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

You made me laugh. Yes, I think your sparrows should have names. Looks like you have a male and female pair. The male with the reddish cap on his head looks like a Chipping sparrow. So Mr. and Mrs. Chips from the novel/movie Good bye, Mr. Chips. Enjoy your day and I hope Mr. and Mrs. Chips come back for another visit.

Divers and Sundry said...

A pair of sparrows, how sweet! They are common here and among our favorites. I think they prefer untidy spaces, which would explain why we get so many of them ;) It looks like you have a good vantage point to look over you garden. I love the rose.

Lowcarb team member said...

How lovely to see the birds.
I enjoyed your photographs, thank you.

All the best Jan

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh! I have caught up finally and what a treat to see the sparrows in your garden! I read an article about roses the other day and it was saying that the hot weather has been causing roses to bloom even better this year as long as they are established and get deadheaded regularly they will carry on giving flowers! I only have a couple in containers so can't really put this to the test! Your garden looks to be a peaceful place to be! I am hoping that you are feeling much better by now! Hugs, Chrisx

Anonymous said...

We have many similar visitors to our wild back yard and they are eating happily on all the bugs, and weed seeds and sunflowers that have popped up all over(thank you birdies). xox

My name is Erika. said...

Looks like lots of new growth. And some very cute sparrows too. They almost look like little yard statues in your photos, but obviously the way they move they are not. I personally like a little natural lookingness to my garden. I want them to look like they just grew there. Nt sure I've achieved that, but isn't that the best thing about gardening-like art, seeing what you get when you create something. Happy new week. Hugs-Erika

Rita said...

Love that you caught some visitors. :)

aussie aNNie said...

Lovely work of nature, and you of course, for keeping these alive and lovely.xx

Caty said...

How beautiful is your garden Elizabeth! I love seeing it so well taken care and those little birds are so tender, I like them a lot. Thank you very much for sharing such beautiful photos with us.
I wish you a happy day, big hugss, Caty

Jeanie said...

Don't feel a bit bad about your garden -- you're doing well (and "friends" too!) It's been so hot and dry I'm amazed anything grows anywhere.

Jackie PN said...

We finally have had rain the past few days, and I went out and danced in it! What a joy to finally get this! I might have to dance in it again today! heehee
BTW, the birds are "Common House Sparrows" These actually were brought from England to the states as pets and have now become an invasive species as they are prolific breeders!
I do love my birds as well!
Jackie xo