Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Second on the 2nd: An ATC for a challenge


I'm trying to wrap my head around making a couple of ATCs for the upcoming 9th anniversary of WOYWW.  In that vein here is one I created for an Inspiration Avenue challenge.  BTW, Inspiration Avenue shut down their challenges a couple of years ago.  I wanted to keep it short today, since I've had so many long posts lately.

This post is from June, 2012 and the challenge was "Wishes."


Here is my "Wishes" entry.  The sentiment reads: "We often confuse what we wish for with what is." ~Neil Gaiman

This is an ATC I created using a magazine image and scraps of scrapbook and hand painted papers.  The sentiment was computer generated.  I colored the edges of the ATC with a gold leafing pen.

________________________________________

Now it's time to share your Second on the 2nd.  The rules are quite simple and everyone is welcome to join the fun look back.  All you have to do is bring back a post that you are especially proud of, or perhaps one you shared before anyone knew your blog existed.  Any post, any genre, any artistic endeavor is acceptable.  Then link below (direct links only, please) and Bleubeard and I, along with other Second on the 2nd friends, will be by to visit.   Please be aware this link is only open for five days, so linking on the 2nd is preferred.





19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

That's a pretty ATC. Have a nice day, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

A bautiful ATCs to revisit and I love the quote! Happy Second on the 2nd my friend!
Hugs, Susi

Lisca said...

Lovely ATC, and a good answer to the remit: 'Wishes'. I love the quote. I had not heard it but it is so true.
Happy Second on the 2nd,
Lisca

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

What a wonderful image and the sentiment is so so true. It drives me crazy when the connection doesn't click in my mind when I'm trying to come up with something. Thank goodness for my little book of ideas..
Creative wishes Tracey x

My name is Erika. said...

This is such a sweet piece. I am glad you shared it since I hadn't seen it yet. :) And BIG thanks for linking me in. I figured it was better to write at night than first thing in the morning in case my brain was too foggy. And it is. :) I am itching to ave some new art time...maybe I will be ambitious enough today after work. Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

Lovely ATC. Nice quote, too. Neil Gaiman wrote one of my favorite Doctor Who episodes

kathyinozarks said...

I love your atc and quote so true as well.
when I was swapping atc's, postcards, and handmade cards several years back-I always had trouble creating with the small space of an atc-yours is beautiful Happy second on the 2nd Kathy

Meggymay said...

It was a super quote you used on the ATC, kit was good to see what you were making in 2012
Yvonne xx

Darla said...

I actually gasped when I saw this post. My 2 on 2 post is about ATC's as well. Post is up but once again I ask you to link me when you have time. Now let's go make some ATC's. (Big grin)

Jeanie said...

I always like Neil Gamin's quotes much more than his books! This was a good one and I loved the graphic!

Sandra Cox said...

So soft and feminine. I love it, dear Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a sweet ATC. I feel a connection to the form :) I have read some books by Gaiman, but I'm unfamiliar with this quote. How true it is!

Caterina Giglio said...

Such a sweet Atc, Dr. E. and what a great friend you are!! Hope Sally had fun, looks like she enjoyed her birthday celebration with you!! x

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Cute ATC, Elizabeth. The phrase is very true. I think it's a good thing that people can adjust their expectations to be happy no matter what.


Happy Seconds for May 2nd! Eileen

da tabbies o trout towne said...

blue N squiggles....we iz knot sure we haza fav o rite post but we due haz sum fav o rite naps spotz ....we noe.. ewe noe ...what we meen !!! Elizabeth did a grate job with this peace ☺☺♥♥

da tabbies o trout towne said...

bleu.... sorree dood....we spelled yur name wrong :( ♥♥

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love your ATC Elizabeth! Good choice for a second look! Chrisx

kathyinozarks said...

Thank you much Elizabeth for the link

Cindy McMath said...

Lovely card and quote.