Sunday, May 20, 2018

Daisy


I'm once again joining Jo at Let's Art Journal, our host this month at Art Journal Journey.  The theme she has chosen is flora and faunaBecause it fits their flower theme they have chosen for a second fortnight, I'm also joining the challenge at Moo-Mania & More.

I agonized over this entry because I wanted to use the cute painting I found advertising the Wichita Art Museum Book Sale back in 2012.   The roses on Daisy's hat reminded me of this piece of rose scrapbook paper left over from years gone by.  No matter how many ways I tried to use it, the only way was to cut the pretty paper in two pieces.  The entry was so very plain, I decided to add two pink circles and two punched pink leaves.

Meet Daisy whose painting I added gold leafing pen around.  Unfortunately, I spent more time agonizing than I did creating this one!

Thank you for sharing time with me today where you will also find me at Art Journal Journey and Moo-Mania & More.  Hope to see you there, too!

22 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

What a cute monkey painting! Have a great Sunday, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Daisy is just ADORABLE and her headdress fits her so well! Your designerpaper is beautiful and the little additions of circles with punched leaves are just lovely! Her headdress reminds me in some way of Camilla's hat yesterday...lol!
Loved to watch the Royal Wedding - and light pink was the colour of the season - so many of the female guests wore light pink!
Happy Sunday and thank you so very much for your wonderful entry for not just AJJ but evebn Moo Mania & More again!
Hugs, Susi

chrissie said...

This is just so cute Elizabeth. I just been playing catch-up with your posts and really enjoying myself seeing what was therer since last time I visited.

Love Chrissie xx

Tracey@Hotchpotchcreations said...

Elizabeth how cute is this painting, brings a smile to my face to see. I'm not too sure if the chimp would have found it as funny dressed up in such a way if it was painted from still life hee hee! But it does make me giggle. Super page.
Have a wonderful creative Sunday Tracey x

Rosie said...

Sooo lovely and funny, love it

Thank you for joining us at MOO MANIA & MORE

CJ Kennedy said...

Daisy is so cute and looks like she picked the roses off the wallpaper for her hat.

Caty said...

Ao wonderfulpage Elizabeth !! Daisy is amazing , just so tender and beautiful!! Love the craft flowers paper and the two pink circles, gorgeous!
I wish you a very nice day, hugss, Caty

Barbara said...

Elizabeth, this has everything! It’s beautiful, whimsical, charming, and it has an otherworldly retro feel. Very nicely done, I love things that evoke emotion. This is it!
Barbara

kathyinozarks said...

good morning,
I had done a long post previous to that one, and I think I was just totally 'wore out" lol I love all my new friends in your T For Tuesday group so I don't want to miss out on what everyone is doing. i am going to stop my cast iron fridays post though-and just post about mine when ever I want to-I haven't found anyone that reads me that enjoys it like me-so that will take off some stress for me I won't miss tuesdays-hugs

My name is Erika. said...

I think it came out amazing and I like how you cut the paper. You can still see it that way. Daisy is very cute in that hat. I think it's a very unique piece and I love that about it :) Hope you're having a great weekend. I am still catching bits about the wedding on tv. What a day they had. hugs-Erika

Cindy McMath said...

What a cute painting. The earrings! I like the way you framed it with the paper and dots.

pearshapedcrafting said...

We are home! Stayed an extra night at the caravan as the weather was so nice! Calling in here first as I caught sight of this cutie! What a fabulous page Elizabeth! Well worth hanging on to that image!! Off for a wander backwards now! Hugs, Chrisx

Let's Art Journal said...

Lovely page and the way you matched the roses and added the touches of pink ties the images together beautifully 😀. Thanks for another fabulous entry at Art Journal Journey and Happy Sunday! J 😊 x

Lowcarb team member said...

Oh, that is just so cute! I do like it.
Happy Sunday

All the best Jan

Meggymay said...

Daisy is a gem of a page. Maybe that is not what the original painting is called bu,t she does suit the name.
Its a fantastic page and the pops of pink go so well with those beautiful roses.
Yvonne xx

Erica said...

Funny and beautiful!

Sharon Madson said...

Daisy is adorable! And the dpink circles you added mimic the roses on her head. Very well done! Love it!

kathyinozarks said...

I wish she had a blog but she is only on facebook-one of the reasons I stay there are for the groups and artists like her. I love the scarf I won the best too. I want to try the eco printing again too, she also eco prints on papers which I have not tried yet-have you done that?
I agree about the Royal Couple and I think they will make a big difference in the world
hugs Kathy

Rike said...

Thinking About Thinking - and this picture of a monkey is a really wise composition!
The pink roses on Daisy's(!) hat are beautiful and the pieces of rose scrapbookpaper fit perfect! The two pink circles with the punched pink leaves give the whole page the right kick!
Rike xx

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

Your agonizing was certainly worthwhile and I'm glad you shared Daisy with us. She's adorable and your page to frame her well is perfect!

Jeanie said...

This totally cracks me up, Elizabeth. It's really, really cute!

Mrs.B said...

A fabulous page and that's a wonderful painting of Daisy, she really does deserve to be centre stage.
Thanks for the great comments on my blog, I'm relatively new to journaling, so the encouragement is really appreciated.
Avril x