Thursday, March 22, 2018

April Showers


I suspect you can tell I'm once again joining Rosie at Rosie's Kleine Bastelwelt (Rosie's Small Craft World) this month's host at Art Journal Journey.  Since her theme is Spring,

I couldn't let this month go by without sharing a bit of rain, something I seriously wish would fall where I live.

Here are a few step-out photos.


The sentiment reads "April showers bring spring flowers."


I created this in my Challenges altered book.  I began by laying down a sheet of card stock I found in my stash.  I edged it with some brown dye ink.  I used some of the card stock to cover a slide mount, but couldn't find the image I wanted to place in it.  Instead, I found some "splashes" of rain and used them instead.  I tried to color the page using crayons for the focal images and used colored pencils (not watercolor pencils) and a ruler for the rain.  The image came from a book I purchased last year at the Art Museum book sale.  It was black and white and I tried to add a bit of color.

I am simply thrilled you took time to join me today.    Thank you beyond belief for your continued support of my art.  Today, you will find me at Art Journal JourneyHope to see you there, too.

19 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful journal page. We've had enough showers in March to last us through April, too! Hope your cough is better, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

This is a really beautiful page I love the torned image on the patterned paper - that looks super - and I hope that it helps bringing rain (but not too much) for Wichita and your garden beds!
I also hope you feel better my friend! Get well soon and take good care of you!
So nice to see this page linked to AJJ again!
Rosie is on holidays in Rome now and has sun and nearly 30 degrees Celsius there.Lucky girl!
We just got zero today , but at least some sun already in the morning!

Happy day Elizabeth!

Rike said...

It is just magical how you brought color in that black and white drawing! Exactly in a way that it looks like the rain is glittering and shining on the street - it is beautiful! I like this quote "April showers bring spring flowers", your tiny umbrellas - and the blue "splish splash"!
Wish you a happy day! Rike xx
With my thin pages in the lined A5 journal I have some troubles. The rest of the pages I cannot glue on some cardboards or so, because I want to close the journal at the end. So I have to think about other possibilities.

craftytrog said...

A wonderful little Spring collage, made me smile! Hoping for rain showers instead of snow in April!
Alison xxx

My name is Erika. said...

Cool paper and image my friend. I love how that paper says April all over it-how cool. They are artsy and fun pieces:) Hope all is well. We didn't get any snow although I am driving into a bit at the coast. But I am ok since we have NONE! Ithink maybe your page is an arty raindance for your dry weather issue- maybe it will bring you a bit of rain. :) Happy Thursday. Hugs-Erika

RO said...

I love those fun little umbrellas on your page, and I sure wish I could send some rain your way. I'm also hoping that you're feeling much better, and that your cough has improved. Hugs...RO

CJ Kennedy said...

the splashes and umbrellas are too fun. the umbrellas look like beach umbrellas to me. Wishful thinking as we are having snow showers this morning.

Jeanie said...

I love your showers page -- the piece of the walking in the rain is very realistic and the shower umbrellas make it so much fun! Very happy, despite the rain!

Sami said...

Love the paper with the man standing under the awning, it really feels as if the rain is falling.
Wishing you some rain as just we need it here in Perth.
Hope you're feeling better Elizabeth.

Divers and Sundry said...

I hope the rain is over by the time we get to April. Whew! So much rain! I like your yellow touches, especially yellow for that umbrella :)

Sandra Cox said...

This is great, Elizabeth. It made me smile.
How are you feeling?

da tabbies o trout towne said...

Elizabeth; AWESOME job on coloring in the black and white; you did a really really great job, and using the ruler for rain effects...way cool ☺☺☺ !!!!!

Meggymay said...

I can almost feel the rain, its a fantastic page and the torn page with the wet pavement and roads is a wonderful scene.
Yvonne xx

Cindy McMath said...

Love Spring page Elizabeth. I hope you get some rain soon!

aussie aNNie said...

wow and as it's raining here for last two days I am admiring your creation of fabulous mixed media. I love doing this sort of art but most of the design teams I am on provide images etc, maybe I can incorporate some MM into it.xx💖 [Aussie aNNie's Blog]

Marfi-topia said...

wonderful page!
I'm hoping we get some rain soon too!

Eileen The Artful Crafter said...

I love how you colorize the B&W image, Elizabeth. It's just enough to still have the vintage look. The rain effect is awesome. I though that was original to the book illustration until you told how you did it. The slashes are cute touches.

Anonymous said...

Fab imagery as illustration! xox

Lowcarb team member said...

That really is a beautiful journal page ...

All the best Jan