Saturday, February 24, 2018

Ziggy


I'm once again joining Rike at Rike's Art this month's host at Art Journal Journey with her theme Animals A to Z.  I think you can tell I love this theme.

Today it's time to meet this adorable animal named

Ziggy.

Ziggy was abandoned

and left to fend for himself before he was rescued.  I've never heard of a Zonkey before, which is a cross between a donkey and a zebra, but he is such a pretty animal, I am so thankful he was rescued and now lives with his donkey "cousins."

It may seem like I'm cheating on this page, but I found it in a calendar of rescued animals.  The only thing I did was glue the entire calendar page to my large art journal and cut out the the title and facts about Ziggy.  He was such a gentle looking and unique animal, I simply couldn't leave him out this month in which animals are showcased.

I appreciate you joining me today at Art Journal Journey.  I am very grateful for your continued support of my art, minimal as it may have been today!  Thank you beyond words.

17 thoughtful remarks:

Marfi-topia said...

Elizabeth! a week ago I saw one of these on facebook, for the very first time..and now here it is again! it's so weird..Ziggy is just adorable though. Glad you showcased him.
Love your work:)

Valerie-Jael said...

What a gorgeous animal, I have never seen one of these before. Have a nice weekend, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Wow - Ziggy is just beautiful! I have never heard of this hybrid. Cool!
What an interesting page - thank you for sharing at AJJ Ms. Co-Admin!
Happy weekend!
oxo Susi

craftytrog said...

I've never seen a 'Zonkey' before! Ziggy is gorgeous Elizabeth, with hid stripy leggings.
Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
Alison xx

Let's Art Journal said...

Ziggy looks so cute with his stripes 😁. I've never heard of a Zonkey before either, that's such a fun name, isn't it (grin!). Happy Weekend! J 😊

Meggymay said...

A new animal to me as well, but I am so pleased he was rescued and being looked after. Ziggy looks adorable and it is good to see him saved in your journal.
Yvonne xx

CJ Kennedy said...

Ziggy is sweet, and I like his striped stockings.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Your page may be simple but so pleased that Ziggy the Zonkey is here! Enjoy your weekend- we have an arctic blast on the way but there is already a biting wind today! Chrisx

Rike said...

Ziggy is adorable! So glad that this Zonkey (never heard or seen one before) was rescued and lives now in peace with his donkey family - they also look happy to have Ziggy as gentle companion. Donkeys are very clever I read once.
I appreciate you joining us again at Art Journal Journey with this fabulous story of Ziggy!
Wish you a happy weekend! Rike xx

My name is Erika. said...

Ziggy has the sweetest face. I am glad he was rescued too. Some animals have such hard lives-and that makes me so sad. I have never heard of zonkey but I do know that horses, donkeys and zebras are so closely related they can interbreed. I have also heard zebras are hard to manage that's why they are not domesticated. So I wonder if Ziggy was from a wild zebra or not. Just seems kind of a weird for a zebra and donkey to meet-unless he lives in Arica. Anyhow, I really digress. Love your page today and meeting Ziggy too. Happy Saturday. Hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

Ziggy is adorable I can not imagine someone abandoning him Thanks for sharing

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Beautiful animal. And he looks like he has a sweet disposition.

Divers and Sundry said...

I don't remember hearing of them before! Cheating? I can't see it. Art is made of individual choices, and I like yours :)

Cindy McMath said...

What a lovely animal! Perfect for your theme.

RO said...

What a great way to focus on Ziggy, who is absolutely adorable! Hugs...RO

Birgit said...

Glad you placed Ziggy in a place of honour. I love that

Jeanie said...

I've never heard of a zonkey before either, but I suppose it makes sense. Ziggy is pretty darned cute and I'm glad you featured him.

Thanks for coming by the Gypsy. I remember when you had water. Mine wasn't nearly so bad as yours -- I was downstairs when it started to come in and could get on it right away. Good thing. Others weren't so lucky~