Friday, July 21, 2017

Summer in the mountains


Today a few friends and I are heading for the mountains where the weather is much cooler.   Bleubeard opted to stay home.

What a fun time we have when we spend summer in the mountains.

There will be rock climbing.

I'll meet my friends at the lookout station.

We'll bring plenty of water,

and have lots of fun.  We'll protect ourselves from falling by wearing boots and using climbing ropes that have attached carabiners. 

Although mountaineering can be dangerous, we take every precaution to keep safe.


After all, we want this summer to be fun and memorable in a good way!

Materials used include white card stock I colored using handmade shimmering mists, various background (scrapbook) papers, corrugated cardboard, a magazine image, and a dictionary page I sewed together before adding the assembly to the substrate, a word brad (FUN), two washi tapes, various dimensional mountain and rock climbing ephemera, and a Micron pen for the sentiment.


Bleubeard and I are delighted you joined us today as I spent some of our summer vacation in the mountains, while Bleubeard held down the fort at home.  We also hope you will join us at Art Journal Journey, where our theme is Summertime Love.


18 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Beautiful page, hope you enjoyed the climb! My days of mountain climbing are over, but thanks for the memories. Hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Amazing - the layering is gorgeous!
I remember wonderful summers in the mountains as I was a teenager.
Your beautiful page brings great memories for me!
Thank you!
You really rock with all the beautiful pages for your theme Elizabeth!
Happy Friday!
oxo Susi

chrissie said...

You will need a rub down and hot bath when you get back Elizabeth.

Great page and a terrific adventure. Pity Bluebeard had to stay behind:)

I have climbed many mountains on hot days and on very cold days as well and it always felt like a great achievement. Last time I went to the summit of a mountain I went on a mountain railway to the top. Not quite the same excitement.

Love Chrissie xx

Dortesjs said...

waue love this journal page and the layering ;O))

Rike said...

Wow - so many layers! This is a beautiful journal page and a good theme - Summer in the mountains: It is much cooler than by the sea, and there are surely not so many tourists!
And you thought carefully of all that things you need for mountaineering!
Wish you happy days there!
Rike x

My name is Erika. said...

i would hope you would be safe. Otherwise I would miss your posts. :) Cool page and cool idea. I haven't been off hiking in the mountains for quite a few years. Maybe I'll do that, but wait for cooler weather. I'm not a die hard like some people. Happy Friday! Hugs-Erika

CJ Kennedy said...

You captured the beautiful colors of the mountains in all the layers of your page. The views are always spectacular. Thanks for sharing yours.

Anonymous said...

that is so beautiful, ilove this journal!!!
The kind is fabulous so imaginative !!!!
Happy weekend
Elke

da tabbies o trout towne said...

guyz...de mountinz wood bee a grate place to bee rite now.....less hot for sure pluz we think it wood be grate ta meet a goat ......we iz crazed we noe; itz de heet haz uz thiz way~~~ ☺☺♥♥

veree kewl card two day !! ☺☺♥♥

Meggymay said...

It is a fabulous page, I hope you had a great, safe day in the mountains .
I loved all the details and images you used as well. The boots look strong, sturdy and just right for climbing.
We used to go walking on the mountains in our Lake district, it was always cooler near the top on hot summer days.
Yvonne xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page but I think I will stick to some gentle hill walking or better still on the flat! Views from mountains are wonderful though! Hugs, Chrisx

pearshapedcrafting said...

I love this page but I think I will stick to some gentle hill walking or better still on the flat! Views from mountains are wonderful though! Hugs, Chrisx

Rita said...

Enjoy! Be glad you can still do such adventurous things like that. ;) Take pictures! :)

Jeannette said...

Amazing- love your climb page so much,i hope you enyoied the climb.
my days was climb is over,i climb was a teenager,thank you for the memoeries.
happy weekend.

hugs jenny

Carol said...

Great collage and I do so hope it was a good time. I could use a couple of days in the mountains right now.

Cindy McMath said...

What a fun page - I love the lookout! You have had so many unique pages for this theme.

Birgit said...

This is an amazing page! I love all the layers plus the glimmer mists which I don't have enough of. I love everything on this page and I can keep looking at it. I will be happy when I can make more cards even though I am enjoying my vacation( leaving for home tomorrow)

Jeanie said...

I think this is a good theme for you -- all the layers on this page, the colors, the mists, the theme -- it just seems to work!