Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August complete and September ready to begin in my never ending calendar


I've rushed the final day of August, but it's because I'm busy digging up my Second on the 2nd post.   I'm also preparing for the long holiday weekend we in the states call Labor Day, the last official day before work and school change the landscape of summer.

September is ready to fill out and I look forward to decorating it a bit better in September than my pathetic attempt in August.

As always, I appreciate it when you drop by and laugh at my silly "art" calendar.  I've done this for over five years, and I admit I haven't gotten any better, and if anything, I've digressed and made it even more simple.  But I appreciate you stopping by to visit, none-the-less.

13 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

At least you keep a calendar and even FIND it again at the end of the month, some of us don't get that far! I like your calendar, and the way you decorate it! I write everything down on old envelopes and flying scraps of paper which never fly back at the right time! Have a great day, see you tomorrow! Hugs, Valerie

chrissie said...

I admire anyone that keeps a calendar or a diary. I start out ok then after a few days it all remains blank. My daughter always buys me huge calendar to put on the craft room wall. I make the excuse that is a shame to spoil it with my scribble.

Love Chrissie xx

Meggymay said...

Another full month on your calendar, you must keep it close to hand to record the events. I have a dairy on my work bench, it is often so messy that I find it hard to work out what I was writing in it.
Yvonne xx

Jeanie said...

Your calendars crack me up because they are so amazing!

And thanks for coming by the Gypsy. I'm enjoying having you with me on my Martha's Vineyard excursion. Heading to the Land of Limited Internet later today but will try to check in when I can!

Darla said...

Like others, I admire you for keeping a calendar of any kind. I am one of those scraps of paper kind of date keepers. It isn't a very reliable system. Sometimes I don't even know what day it is.

My name is Erika. said...

I still enjoy reading your calendars. The days of other people never seem ordinary to me and there is always that little allure of their adventures. My imagination might be getting away from me, but you know the saying about grass being greener on the other side of the fence. I am not complaining about my life, but little snippets leave so much to the imagination. Not sure this is making sense since I should be recording homework and am wasting work time (but not time in general) reading some blogs, everyone's life seems so much adventurous than mine here right now. :) Hugs-Erika

Dianne said...

Oh my gosh...19 inches of rain in August?!!! wow. no wonder you and your basement are inundated. and 109 degrees! we thought 90 degrees here in Ohio was bad. I like your tea-day cups...and happy flowers at the bottom! dog Days of summer will be over soon and Fall is on its way! ♥

didn't know if you saw the Post on the International Players blog that I did recently.at the time I did the post, I had not heard anything about the missing packages.

I just received Annette's package back today (8/31/16). Though covered with stickers and all postage marked through with permanent marker, it is in decent shape outside, and contents ok...a few corners a bit bent. Would really appreciate your input on how to proceed. Would you consider emailing me your phone number so we could talk in person? or I can email you mine.
so discouraging how this has gone. At least the package came back to my door and I didn't have to pay to get it back. hope to hear from you soon, and that all is well with you.

Gibby Frogett said...

Your calendar is great and well organised Elizabeth. I print mine off from my pc and there just never seems enough room to write everything in. So I use abbreviations and codes and hope I can remember what it all means. Sometimes I wish there were more months in a year and less days in month, so then each month would be able to have more space to fit in all the notes :)

Thank you for the lovely and kind message you left on my blog earlier today - its been a quite an adventure and great month for getting to know people a bit better and discovering new blogs also, so it was lovely to have discovered you and your blog - I will be back!
Gill xx

Sandra Cox said...

I love your calendars. I'm going to have to get some stamps for mine.
Here comes September......

Linda Kunsman said...

I commend you Elizabeth for keeping your calendars going for so long! No mater if you think it's simple , it's a wonderful recording of your daily life!

froebelsternchen said...

Always fab to have a calender to look back.
I am like CHrissie.. often start enthusiastic and then don't continue.
Since I buy schoolyearcalenders ( they run from July to July it is better... At least I filled the last one - and started the new one again- but I never write every day.
My hubby is the official calender man- on his desk there is always the family calender where he notes everything!

Happy September dear Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

Rita said...

You're ready for a brand new month. Hard to believe it is already September! :)

~*~Patty S said...

WOW five years is a long time. You have real staying power and I salute you.
I have an old fashioned wall calendar but only use it for noting appts and birthdays.
September here we are!
oxo