Wednesday, June 15, 2016

South America


 I'm back with a spread for Art Journal Journey where this month's challenge is Maps and the host is Mary C. Nasser.

From the beaches along the Atlantic side of this country to the pop culture, I'm fairly certain you can see

where I got my title for this entry.

A trip to Buenos Aires will have you dancing right along with me.

I contemplated creating this in my 7-Continents altered book where my substrate is used file folders, but decided I liked the idea of a smaller page (8.5" X 5.5"), which gave the map more prominence.  This was created in my Coll-AH-ge 2 altered book.

Materials include colored printer paper swiped with blue pigment ink, a map of the world from which I cut South America, pictures from travel brochures, a piece of vintage sheet music, and a copper leafing pen I used to outline the images.

Thanks for your visit and your continued support of my art.  It means the world to me!

14 thoughtful remarks:

Valerie-Jael said...

Your journal page is wonderful - maps, music and dance - what do we need more? Thanks so much for making another lovely creation for Art Journal Journey. Have a great day, hugs, Valerie

froebelsternchen said...

Fabulous ... I love this liltingly page .. makes me happy on a rainy day here today! Thank you very much for your wonderful ideas and that you join us with another fab entry for the maps theme at AJJ Elizabeth!
oxo Susi

My name is Erika. said...

Those dancers scream South America, to me Argentina. They look like hot Latin lovers doing the tango for all to see. That page really hits the mark for AJJ this month. Hope all is well in Kansas this week. We are finally warming up after cooler and windy weather. It felt like October, which isn't helping it feel like the end of the school year. But in some ways that is good with the kids. I am just ready for a break I guess. have a great day. Hugs-Erika

Dianne said...

A striking combination of images...exotic and historical. Love the dancers! Certainly evokes the sound of Tango music...

Mary C. Nasser said...

What a fun art journal page with the map and music and dancing!!

pearshapedcrafting said...

A fabulous page Elizabeth and perfect for the upcoming Olympics too! I am hoping we get lots of shots of Brazil as well as the sport! Love how you have the perfect colours here for your background, photos and map to co-ordinate! Hugs, Chrisx

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Oh -- delightful! I love the maps and the dancers. Very cool.

By Neymes said...

I Love Brasil :) Kisses.Valéria.

sheila 77 said...

This is great, Elizabeth, the music and dancing and warmth comes right off the page.

Meggymay said...

Heat, sunshine in an exotic country, with some dancers enjoying the day. Its a fantastic page for the map theme.
Yvonne xx

Anonymous said...

Love to see a bit of dramatic dance. Nice shot you found to go with your maps. xox

Let's Art Journal said...

I can just imagine the couple dramatically dancing the Argentine Tango across your page, you have captured the South American flavour beautifully! Great page, love it! :-)

Kelly said...

Hi Elizabeth
I love following your escapades. Your 'travel' journal has inspired me to create one of places I'd like to visit. Creative Blessings! Kelly

~*~Patty S said...

Lovely page
Cha Cha Cha
or is that the tango ;-)
I really do like maps alot!
oxo