Thursday, January 28, 2016

A brief comment to Google


When I left the house yesterday morning (Wednesday), I had 736 followers.  These were people who enjoyed my blog, followed because they found some interest in what I had to say, or learned something through my tutorials.

When I got home last night at nearly 10 pm my time, I refreshed my page.  I was mortified to see how many followers I had lost.  Every time I refresh, the number count continues to drop.  I simply cannot believe you think this is GOOD for anyone but you and YOUR numbers.   I truly believe you want to control and invade every computer in the universe!

If my blog has been removed or deleted by this time tomorrow, everyone will know who did it!!!!!

17 thoughtful remarks:

Wanda Maria said...

I'm not sure what has happened, but I lost 15 followers overnight, as well. I wonder what is happening at blogspot to make this happen? Maybe it's a technical issue?

Claudia N. said...

It isn't blogspot, it's google. They have "updated" the followers gadget so it can only be used if you are connected to google+

So those who have become followers via different accounts will get lost from the followers lists.

Hope this helps. x

sheila 77 said...

Yes, this is fairly lamentable. As soon as I read this here I printed out my follower list so that I could see who was going to be missing but was too late for the four followers I had lost already. There doesn't seem to be anything we can do.

Sami said...

What a pity that these things happen unannounced! I hope it can get sorted and you can recover all your followers. I seem to have lost only 2 or 3 followers.

Krisha said...

To date, I've only seen 6 disappear, but I don't have as many followers as you do....and I don't think they are done yet.

I have a Google account, and have to use it to sign in to my blog, yet you are able to leave me a comment......so far. Of course I know that if ever you can't you will send me an e-mail (I hope)

I think printing the list of your followers is a good idea, wish I had done that right away, but will do it today. Once the dust settles, somebody will figure out how to go around all this.....I hope!

I do like your page of questions.....made me laugh!

~*~Patty S said...

Sure hate it when they try to fix things that are not broken!!!!
I am not even sure HOW to see the follower info on my WordPress blog. I do get notified when someone new follows me but that's it.

Janet said...

Blogger and Google have a habit of randomly changing things. It drives me crazy!!

Linda Kunsman said...

So this is what's happening!! I thought I was the only one and wondered what I was doing wrong to lose 10 people in two days! It's not right but at least I know what caused this now and I too will print a list. Thanks for this post Elizabeth.

Helen said...

well I'm still here!! In answer to some of your commenters, although they may not come back to see it, this "improvement" was announced several weeks ago that this would happen, so it's not completely out of the blue.

Meggymay said...

Its good to know I am not the only one. I thought I must be upsetting folk.
Yvonne xx

Divers and Sundry said...

I've been seeing warnings on blogs I read asking that folks find another way to "follow" besides "friends connect". I use a newsreader and have never used friends connect. Are you recommending another way to "follow" you now that friends connect is limited to google+ folks?

I just hope they don't get rid of blogger.

Annie said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment on my blog. I too am loosing followers - it's dire. Your page is very thought provoking - altering stuff is new to me. Think I will become your follower and hopefully learn from your vast experience. Annie xxx

ionabunny said...

Hi, if you go to your overview on blogger and look at blogger news it is all explained. People following via friends connect who do not have a google account have been removed. They can follow other ways or get a google account (not only google+) to rejoin friends connect.

Sandra Cox said...

Looks like you're having all kinds of fun.


On the google thing.....so frustrating. About forty of mine have been dropped. I hope it has bottomed out. I guess its a case of because they can....

voodoo vixen said...

Aha! I was beginning to think I had done something awful! Lost over 25 followers in the last couple of days!! Bummer... wish they wouldn't try taking over everything... sometimes its ok to leave things alone!

AiyanaKalyna said...

I am still here even though I have a Google Plus account I don't want. You need one to comment on YouTube videos. So frustrating! Can't even show somebody a kindness unless Google has a hand in it. I sign up for my blogs with my e-mail so I never lose a post. I use OldReader for blogs who don't have an e-mail option.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Hmm! Mine went up then down -its probably a waiting game! Hugs, Chrisx