Thursday, January 22, 2015

Friday Smiles, Week 103: Squiggles at six months

We've hit a milestone.  And of course, I had to share it with Annie at A Stitch in Time, and all my friends at Friday Smiles.

On Monday, Squiggles was six months old.  He has really grown since I rescued him from the Humane Society.

I had no plans to celebrate, or even take photos, but there I was with a camera, and there he was eating (yes, his food is not the same as Bleubeard's),

so I decided to try to take advantage of it.

Notice he has stopped dropping items in the communal water dish (which obviously needs to be refilled).  I tried two water bowls, but Squiggles stepped into the second one, or purposely knocked it over.  After cleaning water off the floor several times, I decided it wasn't worth the effort, because he refused to drink from any bowl, except the communal bowl.  Sometimes cats can be quite stubborn.


Speaking of stubborn, he now likes to play with is his food, and leaves bits of it on the floor.  As for photos, this is the best I got of him.  

He seems to love both his scratching pads, purchased for a fraction of the cost of a REAL one put out by big name pet companies.

As a rule, here is where I'll find him once he's finished eating.   No matter what I tried, this silly cat refused to cooperate with the camera. He was far too hyper to sit for any length of time.

As a consequence, most of the over 60 photos I took of him looked like this

or this.

I hope this put a smile on your face, if for no other reason than to see how hard I tried to get a good six-month photo of him for Friday Smiles.  Please join us there, because there will be lots of ready-for-the-weekend smiles, I'm sure.


21 thoughtful remarks:

Helen said...

he's obviously as camera shy as Bleubeard... have a good day

Annie said...

I'm with him for not liking the camera....just wish i could move as fast :-)
Happy 6th month birthday Squiggles....You're one very lucky cat.
Hugs,
Annie x

voodoo vixen said...

Aaaw, Squiggles is settling in nicely and hopefully Bleubeard is learning to like having him around as well... Tom-Tom won't eat near Pandy... his food has to be in 'his' dishes and he won't rink water from the bowl put out fo rthem... he has to have his own... they are soooo weird! LOL

Laura said...

Hehe, cheeky Squiggles!
I have a friend whose cat would only drink from flowing water... she would let them know when she wanted a drink and they would turn the tap on for her! Bonkers!!
Happy Friday x

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy 6-month birthday, Squiggles!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Thanks for the cute Squiggles smile today. I hope Bleubeard is tolerating him better now.

Nancy said...

Squiggles is usually on the move! What a handsome cat. So glad you rescued him. I have a rescue story i'll be putting up on my blog this weekend. It's a dog- and she flips water bowls, too!

johanna said...

happy 0,5 birthday to squiggles;)
our tomcat will be 9 years in may, but you Need not think he ever learned posing for the camera! sometimes i get one or two shots of him, but as soon as he notices... head turned away. and not listening to his Name then. yes, cats have their own mind!!

Elizabeth said...

Squiggles clearly has a mind of his own ... what cat hasn't? Your photos certainly made me smile - especially the one of him peaking out from under the chair :) Thanks for sharing. Elizabeth xx

massofhair said...

Don't like having my picture taken either so know how Squiggles feels, he is very sprightly isn't he, love the blurs lol. He is looking well and very happy :-) xxx

Winwick Mum said...

Squiggles is beautiful! My very first cat was grey and white, I haven't seen too many of them since so it's lovely to see your photos xx

TwinkleToes2day said...

What a handsome kitten, (is he still a kitten at 6mths?) and he's such a lovely colour.
Have a smashing weekend Elizabeth & Co. :o))

Lady Catford said...

Cats You just gotta love them. I have three lol

Lilly's Mom said...

Squiggles is adorable. He's so tiny (compared to my 15 pound Lilly!) And, his little face is adorable. What a bundle of joy you have.

Hettie said...

Happy Half Birthday Squiggles!!
Hasn't he grown? Gorgeous and like alot of us, doesn't like the camera!!
Hugs
xx

mamapez5 said...

I sympathise. None of my cats will co-operate for the camera, which is why I wait until they are asleep for a photo session. Squiggles is a beautiful cat by the way. I love his colouring. Kate x

Monica said...

One of mine Xochitl is camera ready. She knows she is a great beauty Ms Kitty is just cute and is often called Ms Piggy. How much does Squiggles Weigh.

dawn said...

Happy 6 months!! These pictures made me smile and chuckle, so funny!! Good job getting these photos.

My sister's cat has warmed up to her and is very friendly to her now. Still shy around guests.

Anonymous said...

He is really cute. I love how soft his gray fur is in color, xox

~*~Patty S said...

Pretty kitty or should I say "handsome" :-)
Happy half birthday to Squiggles ♥
oxo

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great idea to put the food down before attempting photos!! Squiggles is a beautiful shade of grey - and so cute!! Chrisxx