Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Altered Playing Cards, Week 18: sayings and quotes

Once again I'm joining Claudine's Art Corner for Week 18 of altering playing cards.  This week it's about sayings and quotes.  Or at least, that's basically how I read it.

It's still too cold to take step out photos in my craft room, so I take them to my office, warm my shaking, numb hands, and scan the cards.

Although I didn't have any of that awesome media fluid acrylics Claudine used, I took my lead from her art and created both cards using the same three colors.

Once my hands were warm again, I made and cut out three flowers and stems.  Although it doesn't show too well, I also colored them with lavender pigment ink.  I found the quote sitting on my desk, so cut it out and ran the pigment ink around it, too.  I'm calling this one Milton's Flowers.

I also found a fortune sitting on my desk, so decided to create an Asian inspired piece.  I tried to fussy cut the oriental teapot I stamped on white cardstock, but my hands were so cold, I had trouble staying in outside the lines.  Now I wish I had added a Chinese coin to the mix, but it was a bit too cold to go hunting for one.

Here are both my entries for this week.  Like Claudine, I added my sentiments after I applied the images, but I did it in order to find the best place to put the sentiments.  Turns out, I had lots of room. 

Thanks for taking the time to visit and see my interpretation of this week's APCs.  There are lots more over at Claudine's Art Corner, too.

12 thoughtful remarks:

massofhair said...

Two fab APC's Elizabeth, some fab fussy cutting. Beautiful flowers and great quote.

Am always impressed by YOUR way of doing things. Hope you are keeping warm:-) xxx

Kristin said...

Beautiful! Such lovely colors and quotes! What a wonderful way to start the New Year! xo

Rita said...

I don't think I could make things with my hands if I was that cold! Great job!! :)

froebelsternchen said...

Great how well you combined those colors together... difficult colors which get muddy usually...
because the most of the time I am not patiently enough to wait for the different layers to dry...
I like the little bookpageflowers and the wonderful quote to it.
oil and water together is difficult ..yes but fab is this fact for us crafters - there would not exist the fab resist technique without this fact!

johanna said...

i see how wonderful you played with quotes here... reminds me of a large set of rubber stamp fortune Cookie sayings i bought on ebay Long ago. and i wonder where i could start my search for them... the house is too big sometimes;)

Darla said...

Nice cards. I especially like text flowers. I also like the use of a fortune from a cookie. I've saved a bunch of those.

Darla

TwinkleToes2day said...

Excellent cards once again Elizabeth. I'm sorry to hear it's too cold to work in your craft room. Do stay warm, it's much more important :o))

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Great cards this week! Your backgrounds really fit the asian and floral themes!

Sent you some answers-thanks again!

Anonymous said...

Sassy little flowers there. Nice words. Thanks for always reminding us about the rust. It has firmly stuck in my mind! xox

Krisha said...

Great APCs!! I think I would invest in some gloves with not finger tips....LOL I can not work when my hands are that cold.

Gelatos are like a version of a water color crayon, only much softer, about like lipstick consistency, and come in a lipstick style tube. Super great for getting color in large areas of my journals, when I don't want to sprits and spray inks. But there are times I use both....LOL

Keep warm my friend.

Claudine said...

Beautiful card, love that you made your flowers out of newsprint. Your backgrounds came out great.

pearshapedcrafting said...

Great colour choices! I loVe your flowers and your clever use of the quotes! Chrisx