Friday, August 1, 2014

Friday Smiles 80: In the Flower Bed


I'm joining Annie at A Stitch In Time for the 80th Friday Smile.  I almost didn't play, and have found myself just now uploading these images to my hard drive and onto my blog.

Nothing of much importance today, because I have not had time to get the photos from last week's trip to Kathy's off my SD card.  So all I have to show is my summer flower bed.  These shots were taken a week before I went to Kathy's.

These shots, with the exception of the first one, were all taken yesterday while it was raining.  I really wish the people who live next door would mow their lawn!  That would really make Bleubeard and me smile.

Don't forget to join Annie at A Stitch In Time for more smiles this week.  And start your weekend with a big smile!


18 thoughtful remarks:

Annie said...

Your garden looks wonderful. I'm sure it would made me smile every time I looked at it :-)
Hugs,
Annie x

tilly said...

some very pretty flowers there even with the rain, maybe the fairies could help with the grass next door one night lol
Tilly

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh Elizabeth! This has really made me smile - I must say this looks glorious! I must ask though, are the pink flowers the result of the tall buds flowering?
Hugs, Chrisx

Jo Murray said...

Lovely garden....you look after it well.

Robyn Oliver said...

Happy Friday Smiles, Elizabeth....just gorgeous pics of your garden, love the pink rose. Have a lovely weekend Robyn

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Our neighbor let their lawn and everything else pile up and someone (not us) called the code inforcer....fixed the problem very promptly.

Rebeca Trevino said...

the "naked ladies" in your garden made me smile!

elle said...

Its a wonderful display of your garden, Elizabeth!

Krisha said...

Everything is so lush and beautiful and green. (even you neighbors shabby yard is green)

jenclair said...

What a beautiful garden. Love the little "almost hidden path in the greenery!

Halle said...

Beautiful flowers!! Mine are looking a bit sad from neglect. Time to play nursemaid and see if I can get them back to pretty.

Hettie said...

Wow Elizabeth. Your garden looks wonderful.
Do you contract out? There is a spare room here with en suite craft room!
Hugs
xx

Eliza said...

We have one like that too next door and it irritates the hell out of me. You have such a beautiful garden try and ignore the patch next door.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo Bleubeard and Elizabeth :D ah wodnerful images and loved the posts above too you have had fun..
I was thinking Bleubeard is rather like a cat I used to care for sometimes his (or was it her? cant remember now) .. name was Smokey.. lovely looking cat but but not friendly at at all.. thanks for popping over.
Happy Smiles Day, Shaz in oz.x

Cindy McMath said...

Wow your garden looks like a lush oasis Elizabeth. Maybe you should buy your neighbours a goat! :)

Laura said...

You have a secret path n your garden? *squeal* where does it lead? I love photos like that, they just draw me in.
:)
Laura

Divers and Sundry said...

What a beautiful garden! I even like your neighbor's "meadow" ;)

~*~Patty S said...

It's 'naked lady' blooming time in your garden again...that always makes me smile!
Really lovely garden photos and mosaics E!!!
We are amazed how nice and green it still is here in Virginia...oftentimes the grass is crispy tan by now.
oxo
p.s. your comment about my El Corazon Frida creation being disturbing means my work is done...Frida's art was full of pain and suffering from her life's experiences. Over at AJJ Valerie gave a nice write up of Frida's life which is an interesting read. I always appreciate your input!