Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday 261: The one where she shows the aftermath


I'd like to begin by quoting a message I sent to Julia when I sent my ATCs to her:
I know I put it in the letter, but PLEASE tell everyone I don't want anything in return.
The letter I referred to was the one I sent with the ATCs.  You would think that TWICE would be enough.  But NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.  For some reason, Julia, blessed and wonderful person she is, seems to have surprised me by taking it on herself to send me some ATCs from very talented crafters who were at the crop.  I didn't expect it, I didn't want it, I didn't want to put anyone out, especially Julia, who has done so much for me already.  So how did I know about this?  I first read about it when Jan (LLJ) left a comment, then Helen (H), then Chris (pear shaped), and Cindy (my name is).

In case you're confused as to the words in parentheses, you aren't a desker, because these are how we know each other.  See, no one calls me "Altered Book Lover," because that's not how they know me.  I'm Bleubeard and Elizabeth.  I'm the smart half.  Bleubeard's the lovely-to-look-at half and the face of my blog.  As an aside, there are lots of Elizabeth's on the internet, but only one who can claim a BLEU (as in bleu cheese, such as French Roquefort, Fourme d'Ambert and Bleu d'Auvergne) BEARD (as in having chin whiskers).

But you want to see my desk, not read about my desker name.  And Julia wants me to be brief, which this week I am NOT.

The lovely Robyn at Rainbow Weavers. was my PIF.  These are the only rocking horses you will see this week.  Sorry, but this post is long enough without adding more. Yes, she has received it, so I can show it.

Now we're going to do the time warp and go back about two weeks.  Before the crop, before the anniversary, before things got crazy, I received the most lovely ATC, tag, anaglyptus paper (which I don't show) and something some of you might recognize.  Of course, I also have three lovely letters here, too.  More on those later when I open them. Letters from left to right: Julia, Annette, Sandra de.

The above mentioned gifts were from Kyla, and the "thing" some of you may have recognized is the stamp pad cleaner like the one shown in the photo.  Kyla brought hers to the crop and I asked LLJan if I could use the photo.  When I told her why I wanted it, her dear hubby, Gordon even cropped the photo for me.  All I can say is THANK YOU BEYOND BELIEF, Kyla.  I'm more grateful than you will ever know for all the lovely things you sent me.  And thanks to LLJ and Mr. LLJ, too.

Can you believe all these wonderful gifts I received?  I never asked for a single one.  In fact, I didn't want anything from anyone.  But I said that earlier, so now, I'll shut up and let photo hog WOYWWendy show you what awesome gifts I received.  And yes, I mostly used everyone's name, not what we normally call them, because it was easier and took less space.




Thank you again, ladies.  I'm more than grateful.

If coming from our wonderful Queen of the Deskers, please leave your number.  I'll have a better chance of finding you that way.

44 thoughtful remarks:

Nikki said...

Wow are you rockin the ATCs look at all of them so kewl to see how everyone created something so different for one day :) Happy WOYWW hugs Nikki
My Desk

Vicki Miller said...

Wow! You are truly blessed with a ton of rfriends! These are amazing!

Belinda Basson said...

We desk on...regardless of the fact that Mr Linky has gone on a break with our leader!

My DI towers are finished and work a real treat! I will do a tut later and let you know when. They were so easy to build. Bella

Kyla said...

Thanks for sharing all the ATC's. Such a great variety!

http://fwast.blogspot.com/2014/06/woyww.html

jill said...

Such talented ladies each week on here. A lovely lot of atc's .
Happy woyww, jill

BJ said...

What an ATC hoard, how cool and I didn't spill the beans either. Yes I was mighty glad they reopened the linky at the craft barn and yes the garden is essentially for you - LOL. Thanks for your visit today BJ of the no number no linky.

Jackie said...

What a lot of ATC's you recieved!!!!! So many different styles ... Think your right mr linky has gone on holiday with Julia! Thank you for you visit already
Jackie ???

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Elizabeth...you're a much loved lady to receive all those fabulous ATCs...enjoy them, they most likely sent them too not wanting one in return. Cheers and have a great week RobynO

Nan G said...

Fabulous ATCs! You are a blessed and caring Desker, Elizabeth. Yours & Bleubeard's came in yesterday's mail. The girls were quite interested in the envelope and took turns sniffing it. :) Will hav a pic on my post later today. Hugs and Happy WOYWW5! Nan G #none yet

Mrs.D said...

WOW what a lot of superb ATCs. How wonderful, especially as you didn't ask for them. Do you think Bleubeard has been begging somewhere?
Have a good day
Chris

Mrs.D said...

WOW what a lot of superb ATCs. How wonderful, especially as you didn't ask for them. Do you think Bleubeard has been begging somewhere?
Have a good day
Chris

Kyla said...

OMG! That photo of me is mahoosive! Look at the state of my desk....the metal disc was out of LLJ kitchen bin and previously had a delicious quiche in it, I cut it up with a bird cage die that Shaz brought in! That mug was also not white on the side facing me...it ended up oversprayed from my 365 journal pages (oops).
So pleased you liked the gift :-)
Ps.disgusted they charge u for wallpaper samples in the USA....have stocked up in case they do that here (at least that is what I told my hubby when he noticed it all!)

Annie said...

Thank you so much for your fab ATC. You made each of us feel so very special....I really hope your hug from me arrives soon.
Hugs,
Annie x
http://wipso-astitchintime.blogspot.co.uk/

Lunch Lady Jan said...

What can we say? You deserve it :-). So glad you liked the parcel....and glad that Kyla's pic was ok too!!!

D you know, I've never been a pink girl..EVER...I've always been a tomboy. But it has caught up with me recently and I'm enjoying working with the softer tones. Sometimes I get loads of fabric out just to revel in the colour...mad huh??
Hugs, LLJ xxxxxx

Neet said...

Tried to comment much earlier - think there were 3 comments on - but it wouldn't let me in!!!

Lovely lot of atc's you are showing us - you get them because we love you. Saying that you still have not sent me your addie. Ok, I want to send Bleubeard an atc.

Hugs, Neet xx

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous collection of ATCs Elizabeth. This little band of followers amaze me all the time, despite Mr Linky deserting us life goes on as normal.
Happy crafting, Angela x @ Felix the crafty cat.
http://angelacuttingandcarving.blogspot.co.uk/

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

It is amazing how many different styles of art that are represented in these little works. That is why this group of Deskers works so well. There is always something different to look at and learn about. Hope you have a great week with Bleubeard. xx Maggie

dawn said...

I LOVE THESE ATCs, so creative and awesome!!

Eliza said...

Elizabeth, face it we are all connected and care because we are all one big happy bunch of deskers. I got a bundle today like that too and I was in shock. Enjoy your lovelies and give Bluebeard a tickle.

Hugs Eliza & Yoda with no number because linky is having a siesta.

sandra de said...

It is lovely to get spoiled occasionally with a beautiful set of atc's.... enjoy.
Sandra de

Robyn said...

We are so well trained we know what to do!
lovely set of ATC's, and a little background is good for the soul.
thanks for visiting, and I appreciate any shout outs to my new blog,
http://poetryjournalmonthly.blogspot.com/2014/06/poetry-journal-monthly-introduction-and.html
and I'll have to investigate your T!
Blesslngs, Robyn

Carole said...

Lucky lady what a wonderful collection from lots of friends. I would like to send you as many rocking horses as i can fit in an envelope...so please email your addy. Thanks Carole
carolea.sweeney@comcast.net

Caterina Giglio said...

and there you are awash in gifts, as well you should be dear E! how fun to know that even as you say, NO, the generosity of others is always there for you!! x

Claire Grantham said...

WOW!! What an amazing batch of ATC's - such a thoughtful thing to have done and they are gorgeous too. I think it captures the spirit of WOYWW and the many wonderful things we do for each other. Cx

Unknown said...

Aren't these women amazing? I just love them all--the one photo of all the ATCs together is just gorgeous artwork. Hugs and Happy WOYWW #261 EatWriteDreamStitch.blogspot.com

Halle said...

Super fun! Love the ATC's!!

Chrysalis said...

What a fab collection of lovely keepsakes. Have a great week, Chrysalis xx

Sharon Madson said...

You rock! Love your photos of all your ATCs! :) We have such an amazing talented bunch of deskers in our WOYWW group! I am just finding out how wonderful they all are, too.
http://foxystamping.blogspot.com/2014/06/woyww-261.html

Caro said...

Isn't that typical of the WOYWW deskers...we don't ask or expect, but love just flows. What a lovely lot of gorgeous ATCs you have received. Thanks for sharing them with us. Caro x

Ohhh Snap said...

Those are some awesome cards!! And letters, good letters are a very rare treat in this electronic age. I would be equally torn betwixt savoring and speed reading lol. Okay, probably speed readingand then re-reading. It's good to see Wendy up and about :D Happy WOYWW!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Grrrr! Blogger ate my comment- I am here just late! Love your atcs but how do you do THAT??? The labelling on your pics I mean! Have a great week, hugs, Chrisx

Jo Murray said...

All those delicious ATCs...I'd be in heaven!

Unknown said...

Hi Elizabeth
long time no visit... I must admit that i've missed you and your blog, Bleubeard and Wendy - not forgetting all of your rocking horses!!!

What a fabulous collection of ATC's you have there - proving that despite you not requesting any - people WANT to send them to you because you are thought of so dearly... and you don't get to choose I don't suppose! lol...

Anyway can't really give you a number, but my blog link is:

http://paulaspaperplayground.blogspot.co.uk/

Sorry but I don't have a clue what that code thing is to take you directly there...

Big hugs - and lovely to reconnect with you,

Paula x xx

Hettie said...

What a lovely crop of ATCs you have there Missey!! Glad they all arrived safely. I love yours and that rocking horse stamp is fabby.
Hugs
Hettie with no number!!
xx

Unknown said...

All those ATCs definitely show you are well loved! And they are just gorgeous! And what a sweet gift from Kyla! Anyway, thanks for showing all those lovely ATCs. Happy WOYWW!
Carol N #33

Unknown said...

I am just like you, don't want to put anyone out. the ATC's ar AMAZING, so glad you got them anyway! http://afocusedjourney.blogspot.com/2014/06/working-in-wee-hours-of-morning.html

Carol Rigby said...

Wow What lovely ATC's. Thanks for sharing them with us. Happy WOYWW!

Anonymous said...

What an amazing array of ATCs. And so glad I was late so I got to see the ICAD reminder too. If I EVER manage to get back to my ADL journal so I can actually start USING it, (cause it'll be useless next year when the dates are all different) then I may have to add this to my challenge list. Loved seeing yours.

Happy no-Linky WOYWW!
Mary Anne (2)

Andrea said...

belated woyww wishes to you ...thanks for sharing your wonderful haul of ATCs... it just shows how special you are ... woyww has brought together so many people and many wonderful and special friendships have blossomed.I have no post this week due to work commitments... but just had to visit my fav people hopefuly I will get to everyone,maybe next week I will have the time post...thats the plan anyway.Have a very good week ahead, hugs Andrea x

akilli melek said...

i can feel your smiles from here. so lovely to have received unexpected ATCs.
caroline

okienurse said...

Awesome ATC's! I haven't been able to post on Wednesdays for a while and I have missed it! Sorry I am so late getting around! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #62

HeARTworks said...

Now that's what I call WOW! WY! Lots of lovely lovely ATCs! They make a great collection! I hope you get mine soon, the 2nd one! Patsy

Lorraine said...

looking good

Robyn Oliver said...

Hi Elizabeth and happy WOYWW 262. Would just like to thank you very much for the ATC that Julia posted across with the others from the Crop....and I too hope this crazy continues on. Our thoughts are with Julia and hope she's on the mend soon. Cheers and have a great week RobynO