Sunday, April 6, 2014

Craft Barn's Seventh Challenge.

This fortnight (still loving that word), Craft Barn gave us Change or Truth.  Please visit them, because all my links open in a new window, so you won't miss anything here, either.

I realize the DT members also chose Change this fortnight, but I found so much humor in this quote, I simply had to use it.

This is a genuine British coin, brought to me years ago by a friend.  It is 5 pence, which may be about the same as a nickle in the US.

I cut some quarters ($0.25 US) from an old advertisement for the new design.  I used one to signify this is Craft Barn's seventh challenge.

Since I couldn't find an image of a vending machine, I decided to sew around the words by Robert C. Gallagher, "Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine."  I added the dollar image I found in a magazine.

Today is Day 7 leading up to Earth Day.  In case you don't know, my quest is to make art from things people would normally send to the trash.  As I've done with all previous challenges, I used a file folder for my substrate that I cut in half and spritzed with my handmade shimmering mists, cut images from junk mail and a magazine, and took 5 pence out of circulation by adding it to my art.

Please go to Craft Barn for others who are participating in this challenge.  Once again, I visited everyone last time, so if you didn't get a comment from me, it was because I'm either not a member of your preferred application, or your blog didn't allow me to leave a comment.

24 thoughtful remarks:

Halle said...

Super fun! And you used a MN quarter... :)

Anonymous said...

Cute use of change..... love the idea...xox

Anonymous said...

What a fantastic quote and love how your art and the quote fit so well together. This brought a smile to my face.
Just checked with a currency converter and our 5 Pence piece is equal to 8 cents (US) :)Such a small coin and one of those that tends to join the pennies in a jar somewhere!
Lynn x

Craftymoose Crafts said...

What a fun quote, and so true, although I have not used a vending machine in years! Perfect piece for the challenge!

BJ said...

So cool and YES a 5p indeed. Love the quote. BJ

Darla said...

What fun. Like the quote and like what you did with it.

Darla

dawn said...

Hello!! What a great page you made, love love the quote and coins/dollar you added. I thought you folded the dollar yourself at first. Great job using the prompt CHANGE!

I read the post below and LOVE your cute umbrella person, awesome job on the whole thing!! Great title for it too and sadly it will be doing that here today. The rain part not the singing part, lol.

Your doing a great job for this first week, looking forward to the rest of your projects.

Thanks so much for your visit, I appreciate the time your taking to visit me. Figures I decide to blog more now that you are extra busy.
I will post later for T Time tomorrow since I'm gone tonight and babysit the next two days. Have a wonderful day my friend!

Divers and Sundry said...

what a fun quote!

Dianne said...

that is a fun quote!...so true...colorful page, and love the 'arrow' made from the dollar!

Julia Dunnit said...

I LOVE it..fab! unusual and fun take on a challenge, but the quote! OMGee! its sooo true parking meters particularly!!
Well, a real British 5 pence...definitely the next coin that will be lost as worthless, no doubt. It hides in the dark recesses of my coin purse!

thassos456 said...

What a clever idea. I love how the green background colour looks like a head of a dog (well at least to me it does :) )

Elaine said...

Love your art this week - its a great quote and so true too!!

kaybee said...

That made me laugh - a really fun quote, making a fab page.

massofhair said...

Love the humour in your file folder recycle project! Also really love the added sewing, great colour too.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a comment it is much appreciated. I try to visit all too but it is not always easy to leave a comment as you say :-) xxx

Craftyfield said...

Love the quote too! Very funny and true... Great illustration with the coins/notes images.

Maggie said...

Great recycling and quote made me smile.

MaggieH

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A great quote and a fabulous piece.

TwinkleToes2day said...

I have to say that quote is the best! It made me chuckle, but isn't it just so annoying when you've already put the money in the pesky machine, to see only too late, that no change will be given!? lol
I love how you always give so much detail about how you created your piece.
It made me smile to see a 5pence coin on your blog ;) Have a wonderful weekend Elizabeth ;O)

lena-dailyscrap said...

This is really funny - great idea! And very true too...!

Canonbury creations said...

Love the quote, made me laugh and I love the way you've illustrated it, very clever:)
Val x

Sylvia said...

Clever illustration of a fun quote, great use of what would have been thrown away.

Sylv xx

Lesley said...

Great page, love the quote, and the use of one of our 5p pieces! xx

maggie said...

A quote I should take on board although I may be too old now to alter my thinking - I don't like change. A great layout.

Maggie

buterfliecrafter said...

Your quote made me smile, so funny.