Sunday, February 24, 2013

When it's too cold to stay in your craft room


What happens when it's too cold to work in your craft room, but you want to make art?  You grab a bag of scraps you intended to put away, but have not yet sorted, then use these scraps as inspiration.


After inspiration goes into overdrive, you create something from those scraps.  Not "high" art, but a fun bit of diversion in the almost-warm office while you wait for your home to warm a bit.

Sorry there are no step out photos, or other means to document how I got to this point, but this is what I made today from a bag of scraps.

(Supplies include candy wrappers, colored stars, bits from various books, including a phone book, colored deli paper, junk mail, vintage sheet music, plastic utensils, a sandwich tooth pick, and a piece of metal cut from a tea light, then embossed)





11 thoughtful remarks:

Marianne said...

What a great colorful collage. I'm sure you had fun making it.
When it's too cold in my room I haul a box of supplies up to the kitchen...much against the wishes of my DH. But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.

Rebeca Trevino said...

Nicely done!

Krisha said...

Good cold day project.....now I WANT CANDY!

MadBirdDesignsUK said...

Its cold here too. Still in thermals and heat on too. Amazing what you can make with chuck out items, well done.

Anonymous said...

simply stopping by to say hello

Anonymous said...

How fun is this!!!! Love your collage. xox

Healing Woman said...

Good job! Sometimes the best art comes from improvision. I usually grab a bunch of things and drag them to the kitchent to work when my studio is too cold, which it has been a lot this month.

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Lovely colourful collage :-) My craft room's not so big and though it does have a rediator It doesn't turn off except with a pair of pliers so I leave it off as I have to crawl under the desk to do it. I do have an electric heater I plug in if I'm in there when it's cold - not as cold as there though.
Anne x

PeggyR said...

Great idea even if your room isn't cold!

~*~Patty S said...

fun collage E ... I can almost 'taste' that Bit o Honey!!!

I was thinking about you and all the snow you must have gotten ... stay warm my friend
oxo

Halle said...

Fun piece....sometimes you just HAVE TO make art. :)