Monday, October 26, 2009

Some finished and some unfinished art

Last week, Dana and I got together again.

I began by trying to find four small circles to go inside the metal pieces on my canvas.

Although I didn't give up, I put it aside to work on yet another piece.


Dana was still working on the piece she started days ago. You can see that it is now taking on a new look. At this point, I can barely see the tissue she had added the last time we got together.

I finally found the piece I was looking for. The tiny circle inside each of the larger circles is painted copper. It's really hard to see the metal pieces, which sit on each piece of my handmade paper. Although the completed artwork is hard to see, it is truly beautiful in person.

When I added the magazine image to the canvas, it looked terrible. It was still wet and I needed it to dry before I add the chalk hair. At some point, I'm sure it will look better, but for now, I'm setting it aside.

6 thoughtful remarks:

Donna: said...

Intriguing circles.. can't wait to see what your up to. :)

SewPaperPaint said...

Another interesting post, so neat to see your work in progress. I love the frayed edges of your canvases. Come see me again when you have time and thanks for your comments!
~ Autumn Clark
http://autumnsantics.blogspot.com/

~*~Patty S said...

it is interesting to see the progression!!!

Debrina said...

Oh - I REALLY like the circles! Nice touch!

Dianne said...

the circle piece is outstanding! wonderful texture & color...

Halle said...

I can see why you said you are very happy with the circle piece. Now you just need to figure out how to make more of that paper!! :)